Super Robot Wars 30 - Global Release

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Underrated GM Custom

Super Robot Wars 30 - Global Release

Good evening everyone,

I was very excited to learn this week that Super Robot Wars 30 is getting a global release (except for Venezuela it seems) on Steam. Pre-orders are available now you can find them here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8987 ... t_Wars_30/

I admit I'm shocked it finally came stateside outside of the OG titles. For the longest time I've heard that licensing would be too difficult but here we are, in 2021 we're getting a SRW and Harmony Gold is finally letting Macross come over as well. I was also surprised to learn that V/T/X have english releases for the SEA market, hopefully if 30 performs well in the US market those will also be ported here.

Here's the roster for SRW 30. There will be two DLCs of 9 each that are included in the Deluxe Edition. I'm really looking forward to seeing the original RX78-2 Gundam back in the series as well!

Featured Series:
Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Z Gundam 
Z-MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam Char’s Counterattack
M-MSV
Mobile Suit V Gundam 
Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Narrative)
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
The Brave Police J-Decker
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL
The King of Kings: GaoGaiGar VS Betterman
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion III - Glorification
Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection
Getter Robo Armageddon
Mazinger Z: Infinity
Mazinkaiser (INFINITISM)
Magic Knight Rayearth
Gun X Sword
Majestic Prince
Knight's & Magic
SSSS.GRIDMAN
Kuruni

Re: Super Robot Wars 30 - Global Release

Lots of interesting entries, especially J-Decker and GaoGaiGar vs Betterman. Although I won't get on day 1.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

I must say, El from K&M will be very delighted to be able to join SRW. And finally his fiancee/wife(can't remember if he married in the anime version) and friends will know what Robots are.

Sadly, the SRX team won't be in this story and only exists as first special edition DLC content, Ryusei and El robot otaku combination will make fun side talk material.
Henyo

no Macross in the base game though. so i guess its gonna be DLC some time later.

but the question is, how did Bamco do the whole global release thing...was it because they are doing the localization themselves?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
MythSearcher

Henyo wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:19 am no Macross in the base game though. so i guess its gonna be DLC some time later.

but the question is, how did Bamco do the whole global release thing...was it because they are doing the localization themselves?
My guess will be they might have changed the licensing contract a little bit to accommodate for the release of their own games with said characters.
yazi88

Macross will likely be in the next game. Its not gonna be a random DLC out of nowhere. Usually these series are prepared some time ahead especially with the story for the most part.
Underrated GM Custom

I've heard that in the streaming age worldwide licenses have gotten quite a bit easier so I'm guessing the licensing for SRW 30 at long last was not too cost prohibitive. There's also a decent amount of series that are owned by Bamco which cuts down on costs.

As for DLC I've heard that DLC units typically don't have too much plot focus so I don't expect a major series like Macross or Nadesico to show up in DLC. I'm guessing it will either be lesser known fan favorites, MSVs, and of course Unicorn.
Arsarcana

The last few games have had English (not necessarily great English but at least readable) as an option so I suppose it was only a matter of time before Bamco figured out how to make a global release happen.

L-Gaim and Gun x Sword both returning after long absences makes this one an insta-buy for me with V Gundam also bieng a nice surprise, everything else is just icing on the cake. Surprised that Narrative made an SRW appearance before IBO though. Errrr, not counting the gacha SRWs anyways.
Underrated GM Custom

Yeah I'm really hoping SRW 30 does well because I'd love to have VXT be available for sale in the states since they're already in English. I knew when it was first announced it hit the top 10 on Steam immediately, so hopefully sales will be strong.

I ended up going with the deluxe edition, I don't normally go for DLC but since it's the first non-OG being released in the States I thought it'd be worthwhile.
Underrated GM Custom

I haven't had a chance to start up SRW30 yet and at this rate I'll probably wait until all the DLC is released. For those who haven't been following it here are the series that are being added for DLC 1 & 2.

DLC 1
Hi-v Gundam – Mobile Suit Gundam: Beltorchika’s Children
Voltes V – Chodenji Machine Voltes V
Ryukohoh – Super Robot Wars OG
Koryuoh – Super Robot Wars OG
Koubu Type-2 (Sakura) – Sakura Wars 4
Koubu Type-2 (Ogami) – Sakura Wars 4
Koubu F2 (Erica) – Sakura Wars 3
Rodeo Star – Sakura Wars 5
Fujiyama Star – Sakura Wars 5

DLC 2
Ultraman