Ep. 133 - The Blue Giant Rises

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 133 - The Blue Giant Rises

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 133 - "The Blue Giant Rises"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 143 min., 17 sec. (2:23:17) - 65.6 MB

Episode Summary:
We hit the books wth our review of "Gundam the Origin" Vol. 3! Then, we take a final look at Transformers Prime Beast Hunters with a discussion of the epilogue movie, "Predacons Rising"!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/The Hopers & Dreamers Corner/The Old Timey Drama Hour"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:40:52

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:40:52 - 0:41:26

03. "Interlude to Battle" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 0:41:26 - 0:43:29

04.1st Segment: "Manga Spotlight - 'Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin' Vol. 3"
Runtime: 0:43:29 - 1:00:56

05. "Gihren's Ambition" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 1:00:56 - 1:04:06

06. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:04:06 - 1:04:35

07. 2nd Segment: "Anime Spotlight - 'Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising'" (OVA Movie, 2013)
Runtime: 1:04:35 - 1:31:40

08. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:31:40 - 1:32:41

09. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:32:41 - 1:33:31

10. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/iTunes Reviewer & Gundam The Origin Supporter Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:33:31 - 2:23:17

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Chavelo

Re: Ep. 133 - The Blue Giant Rises

Thank you guys! You have no idea how much appreciate the timing on this one. Bit of a dry spell for podcasts that I listen to. You just saved me from a boring day at work! :)
Silver_August

Darn it! How dare I spell Alert wrong! doi, alas.

To comment on the Transformers, I'm with Soulbro that Prime's er...Prime was probably the most stoic and boring of the Primes ever, it was a mix of his stern no-nonsense personality, maturity of actually being THEE high tier leader and also because he was voiced by a 30 years older Peter Cullen (hope i spelled that right) I'm one of the people who feel...his time as Prime has pasted but as the series continued the voice worked because I understood the character it was portraying.

G1 Prime had a very...fatherly comforting kinda voice, he was stern, confident yet you felt safe I guess, I dunno how to work it

I have noticed a theory though - the higher up in rank the Optimus, the less fun a personality they have.

Primal and Animated Prime both we not the supreme leaders, they were pretty low tier in the hierarchy and arguably had the most personality, while Prime Prime, Unicron Trilogy and G1 didn't really have a sense of humor and were THE boss among all else. So, it works?

Also...are you guys forgetting Beast Machines? In that Primal made the sacrifice for the greater good...of coinsidently reviving Cybertron.

And I think nearly every Prime at some point has reached the point where enough was enough - if you haven't watched Armada I beg you to check out the last 2 episodes and watch Optimus go to some really dark places as he accepts the reality that he must fight Megatron to the death - Though I still agree that this Prime probably has the best portrayal of accepting that there is no other choice but to stop him... and NOT come off as as a monster either (looking at you Dark of the Moon)

Also glad you guy's like the analogy for Saji :P
Victorize

What's that awesome piece of transition music after the Old Timey News Hour ends?