Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Deathzealot

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Agreed. I never liked the Double Zeta. It was a bit too much chunky in my opinion. Especially when compared to the regular old Zeta. Yeah. The Theta Plus is also great.

Understood. Figured I'll ask.
Dark Duel

No problem. I went ahead and edited my previous post, but just in case, here's the Nemo in G vs Z Titans colors, plus a black variant I'd also done, which I found, cleaned it up just a bit and reuploaded it.

And now, for some new-ish stuff, one thing I wanted to try to do was to give that "ZZII" edit of mine a shield. It took some doing, but I found one that I think works pretty well.

Titans(blue) version
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

Titans(black) version
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

For the AEUG version, I ended up doing two versions. In the first version, I gave it the shield in black and red, like on the original Zeta Gundam:
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

Then, I did another variation on it that instead of red has the shield in the same dark blue as the torso:
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

I honestly can't decide which version I prefer.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Sweet! Thanks, Dark Duel both look quite lovely in my opinion. Far better than the version of the Titans Nemo that I didn't know I already had in my image folders. Sigh.

I actually like the second version with the dark blue in the shield. It looks better and gives it the ZZII its own identity compared to that of the original Zeta.
Dark Duel

Yeah. One thing I also like is that the blue creates a more continuous look to the waverider mode compared to the black.
The black-and-red shield works with the original Zeta because its binders are the same color, so the entire underside is black and red in Waverider mode. But on this one, the black sort of sticks out.

Just for kicks, I decided to see what it'd look like if I switched things up a bit on the AEUG color scheme with a black torso.
Without Shield
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

With Shield
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

I also did a couple of slight variations on the shield for both the blue and black AEUG recolors, which actually has the shield with some added white, but keeps the red trim. I rather like how they turned out:

Blue, black shield
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

Blue, matching(blue) shield
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode

Black
Mobile Suit mode
Waverider mode
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

On a whim, I recently did a recolor of the RX-160G Byalant Isolde, using a color scheme closer to that of the original Byalant/Byalant custom. Hadn't posted it here, so I figured I might as well.

I also revisited those pics of Four I'd done a little while back(see the previous page), to take a look at how she'd look in Earth Federation uniform as opposed to Titans. I simply modified the Titans uniform version I had and recolored it:

uniform
normal suit

The normal suit is a simple palette swap, with an EFF patch on the shoulder instead of the Titans patch.

I also did a different uniform version that's a variation of Chris Mackenzie's uniform from 0080.

I hesitated for a while on the jacket color(the red from Chris's jacket really didn't suit Four IMO), but I ended up going with a fairly conventional brown.

Deathzealot

Love the images of Four. One of these days I really want to see either Zeta Gundam: The Victorious Universe get finished or someone else taking up the idea of a Four that leaves the Titans.
Dark Duel

I'm gonna have to look into that fic. Might give me ideas as well, since it's a plot bunny I've been pondering for a while.

Glad you like them.

Deathzealot

Dark Duel wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:46 pm I'm gonna have to look into that fic. Might give me ideas as well, since it's a plot bunny I've been pondering for a while.

Glad you like them.
Shrug. It's only two chapters and really only gets its feet wet after the story train leaves the tracks before it just brutally stops. Still here is the link if you need it.
Dark Duel

Thanks. I read it - it's not bad, but yeah, too short and unfortunately never really goes anywhere.

On another note, inspiration struck recently for another color scheme I wanted to try for the ZZII

MOBILE SUIT MODE
No Shield
With Shield

WAVERIDER MODE
No Shield
With Shield

I took a few additional liberties with the color arrangement compared to the others to add a little bit more black to the shoulders. I rather like how it turned out.

Dark Duel

And yet another one, this time inspired by the Gundam Wing Zero Sky from Breaker Battlogue:

MOBILE SUIT MODE
No Shield
With Shield

WAVERIDER MODE
No Shield
With Shield

Deathzealot

Ummm... First Dark Duel I do once again apologize for necroing your thread, but I do have a request. Basically, when I was recently going through this thread looking at some of the better stuff you have made over the years I found that many of them now have broken links, especially the older stuff. So I am wondering if there is a way to still access them or if there is a gallery of your stuff somewhere else online I can go through. Thank you in advance.
Dark Duel

A lot of the older stuff, sadly, has been lost when my first laptop died.

Deathzealot

Ouch. I am sorry to hear that. What about the newer stuff? Like your IBO stuff half of it has dead links?
Dark Duel

I'll try to go back through the thread at some point and see which files I still have that need to be reuploaded and I'll edit the links accordingly.

Deathzealot

Thank you. That will help a lot.
Dark Duel

I went back to try to recover what I could. What I was able to find, I edited the links. In the case of some (like the IBO stuff), the links are dead because I did newer versions of the same design, in which case I usually left a note to the page where they updated version was posted as I was unable to locate the older version of the file.
And a fair amount especially in the earlier pages is lost entirely.

Now, for some new stuff. I did Cherubim, I did Arios, and recently I decided to take a stab at the 00 Gundam. Nothing too major with this one, just some slight cosmetic modifications - colors, but also using the 00-Diver's legs because I like the shape of the ankle a little bit more. I tried it with the Diver's shoulder drive units, but ended up keeping the original instead. I also did 00-Raiser.
Finally, a third variant that I've had the idea percolating in my head for a while, which is basically an upgrade to 00-Raiser that eliminates the 0-Raiser and integrates the entire system in the base 00 itself. For that one, I used a few more parts from 00-Diver, and a couple of parts from QAN[T], and this was the result. The idea is that the enlarged V-Fin, plus the two smaller antennae on the side of the enlarged head camera, increase the machine's ability to control GN Particles. The fins on the new binders do double-duty as flight control surfaces and also serve as additional, extra-large control antennae to moderate and control the massive particle output that results when the Raiser System is activated.

Deathzealot

Shame about the IBO Stuff. They were actually quite interesting, and kind of started me on my own IBO ideas. That said, that is quite an interesting take on the 00. For I always hated how it needed a support craft to allow it to fight its full potential. Not to mention having someone in said support craft who basically does nothing at all. The Red Haro could take care of the duties of Saji in the 0-Raiser, basically keeping an eye on the Twin Drive System allowing Setsuna to focus on fighting. Heck. With an integrated 0-Raiser to that of the 00, you could have the Red Haro in a dock in 00's cockpit. Keep it up Dark Duel! This stuff is great.
Dark Duel

Exactly. In the third variant, the 0-Raiser is basically dismantled and its support systems are installed in the 00 itself via a modified backpack and the new binders, plus the increased size and number of control antennae - with a Haro docking port being added to the cockpit. Red Haro completely takes over handling the Raiser System and monitoring the Twin Drive, and Setsuna handles actual combat.
Its frame is also reinforced, and additional armor added to the forearms and knees.

Deathzealot

Dark Duel wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:19 pm Exactly. In the third variant, the 0-Raiser is basically dismantled and its support systems are installed in the 00 itself via a modified backpack and the new binders, plus the increased size and number of control antennae - with a Haro docking port being added to the cockpit. Red Haro completely takes over handling the Raiser System and monitoring the Twin Drive, and Setsuna handles actual combat.
Its frame is also reinforced, and additional armor added to the forearms and knees.
Nice, very nice. That said, I may just use a similar idea for when I finally get back to writing the sequel to my Gundam 00 story Crescendo. Though I may just have the 0-Raiser integrated from the start with Red Haro in a docking port inside the cockpit.
Gardner1701

Also...we'd all love to view your gallery...when you get the chance