RX-78-7

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
User avatar
Mark064
Posts: 1754
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:57 pm

RX-78-7

Post by Mark064 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Well they've finally done it. The RX-78-7 has been finally remade just like the RX-78-4, RX78-5 and RX-78-6 of the past. Part of the 30th Anniversary, what will it be in the end is unknown, animation, manga, game, who knows. For a comparison here is the original design from M-MSV.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.

User avatar
pd771
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
Contact:

Re: RX-78-7

Post by pd771 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Mark064 wrote:Well they've finally done it. The RX-78-7 has been finally remade just like the RX-78-4, RX78-5 and RX-78-6 of the past. Part of the 30th Anniversary, what will it be in the end is unknown, animation, manga, game, who knows. For a comparison here is the original design from M-MSV.
I like it except they should have kept more of the blue highlights... my guess is if the made it that close to the original suit and cleaned it up that much we may see it used in some sort of animation, not necessarily a series or anything, but something.

EDIT: I should have looked at the Anime section... I was right about the reason for cleanup http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=11041
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

User avatar
ORegan
Posts: 1824
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by ORegan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 pm

I like the older version better. This new one looks too much like a MS from 00 than a UC era MS, especially that close to 0079.

I wonder how they'll draw it's optional armaments.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

User avatar
Mark064
Posts: 1754
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Mark064 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah I have to agree, I liked the remakes of the RX-78-4, RX78-5 and RX-78-6 more then this. Something about that head that I really don't like most of all. But yeah I'm waiting for the Full Armor options, though I'm betting against seeing the Heavy Full Armor version.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.

User avatar
Dark Duel
Posts: 4796
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Well, I for one prefer Katoki's redesign to Okawara's original - much less tubby-looking.
Then again, I usually prefer Katoki's sleeker-looking redesigns to the Okawara originals
ORegan wrote:I like the older version better. This new one looks too much like a MS from 00 than a UC era MS, especially that close to 0079.
I'm sorry, but I'm just NOT seeing it at all.
I mean, I respect your opinion. I'm just curious as to what makes you say that, because I don't see it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

User avatar
ydawg314
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: in your fridge behind the apple juice

Post by ydawg314 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:41 pm

well it looks like some of the MS from gundam 00 P

scythedd7
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 pm
Contact:

Post by scythedd7 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Dark Duel wrote:Well, I for one prefer Katoki's redesign to Okawara's original - much less tubby-looking.
Then again, I usually prefer Katoki's sleeker-looking redesigns to the Okawara originals
ORegan wrote:I like the older version better. This new one looks too much like a MS from 00 than a UC era MS, especially that close to 0079.
I'm sorry, but I'm just NOT seeing it at all.
I mean, I respect your opinion. I'm just curious as to what makes you say that, because I don't see it.
Hmmm, I kinda don't know on this one, cause the other redesigns I liked, but this just looks like the RX-78-2 to me, like if I hadn't been told that it was the 7th, thats what I would have thought.

And I also fail to see how this looks like its from 00 at all (as nothing uses this color scheme, and ALL of the Gundams have the same round chest), unless your just referring to the visually quality because 25+ years have gone by, drawing styles and quality have changed dramatically since then...
...?

User avatar
pd771
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
Contact:

Post by pd771 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:45 pm

ORegan wrote:I like the older version better. This new one looks too much like a MS from 00 than a UC era MS, especially that close to 0079.

I wonder how they'll draw it's optional armaments.
I tend to disagree with it looking like a 00 design. It simply looks more like a Katoki design, like his redesign of the RX-78-2. http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk32 ... 8f6f30.jpg
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

User avatar
ydawg314
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: in your fridge behind the apple juice

Post by ydawg314 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:45 pm

I think this is what they were talking about
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00f/gny-004.jpg

scythedd7
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 pm
Contact:

Post by scythedd7 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:48 pm

ydawg314 wrote:I think this is what they were talking about
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00f/gny-004.jpg
lol I would argue the opposite on that one and say that looks like a UC gundam put into 00 not the other way around :lol:
...?

User avatar
pd771
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
Contact:

Post by pd771 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 pm

scythedd7 wrote:Hmmm, I kinda don't know on this one, cause the other redesigns I liked, but this just looks like the RX-78-2 to me, like if I hadn't been told that it was the 7th, thats what I would have thought.
I think that's the point until they show any secrets it has. I think they probably asked to make it more like the original Gundam, and will later add upgrades that will make it unique. (It looks like there are mounting points on the knees, for instance, so I'm guessing there will be at least a similar upgrade to the 7th's full armor type.)
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

User avatar
T.V.
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by T.V. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:17 pm

pd771 wrote:I think they probably asked to make it more like the original Gundam, and will later add upgrades that will make it unique. (It looks like there are mounting points on the knees, for instance, so I'm guessing there will be at least a similar upgrade to the 7th's full armor type.)
I'm thinking the same.
Being only 1 year after the war, it makes sense that the 7th completed Gundam is only a modest improvement over the original RX-78-2, being a 'perfect' fit in between the Alex and the GP-series.

Based on the original Okawara design, I'm also expecting a Full Armor mode -perhaps mimicing the Alex' FA mode- and of course a proto-Dendrobium Orchis for an eventual Heavy Full Armor mode, fixing this reimaging very much in between 0080 and 0083, in terms of design.

As for the Ver Ka. reimaging of the 7th Gundam itself, it could very well recieve an MG plamo partially based on the Gundam Ver Ka. and GM Kai.
The shoulders and cockpit section make it look like its an evolutionary pre-Quel.


As the premise of this project involves yet another Zeonic Remnant mop up operation, perhaps we could see some new and/or reimaged Pezun Project MSes on popping up the Zeon side?

User avatar
pd771
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
Contact:

Post by pd771 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 pm

T.V. wrote:As the premise of this project involves yet another Zeonic Remnant mop up operation, perhaps we could see some new and/or reimaged Pezun Project MSes on popping up the Zeon side?
This series must have the greatest suit never shown in animation. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ms-x/ms-12.jpg :wink:
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

User avatar
T.V.
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by T.V. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Lol.. I can already see an army of Gigan's rolling out. :lol:

More seriously, I hope to see Katokified reinterpretations of all MS-X MSes.

Though it'd make my day if the EMS-4 Zudah got a cameo as well, if it's indeed revolving around Pezun and its Zimmad roots.

User avatar
Mark064
Posts: 1754
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Mark064 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:42 pm

I'd die happily if I saw an animated Gasshia! I love that suit.

But based on what we've seen of the previously upgraded Gundams they've been pretty true to the originals. The RX-78-4 kept it's Mega Beam Rifle, the Mudrock is pretty similar is all ways to the RX-78-6. The main difference is the fact the RX-78-5 got a Gattling Gun instead of the Hyper Beam Rifle. And all seem to have more equipment to turn them into the full modes.

The RX-78-7 seems to be going down the same path even down to mounting latches which will no doubt lead us to the Full Armor version and possibly some crazy version of the Heavy Full Armor Gundam. I mean it is Katoki after all, he's not going to pass that up!
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.

User avatar
ORegan
Posts: 1824
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by ORegan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:45 pm

pd771 wrote:
T.V. wrote:As the premise of this project involves yet another Zeonic Remnant mop up operation, perhaps we could see some new and/or reimaged Pezun Project MSes on popping up the Zeon side?
This series must have the greatest suit never shown in animation. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ms-x/ms-12.jpg :wink:
They should just make a guntank vs Gigan battle. Gundams are over rated :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

User avatar
pd771
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
Contact:

Post by pd771 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:58 pm

ORegan wrote:They should just make a guntank vs Gigan battle. Gundams are over rated :P
Hey, Gigans are the man, they were going to destroy the Gundam in the original series plan.

I wonder if they'll give the main baddie an all new design or a redesign of a suit. Probably a redesign.

Honestly, It'd be interesting if they put this bad boy in too.
http://mahq.net/mecha/Gundam/m-msv/rx-81st.htm
(sorry for the rampant speculation, I'll cut it out if it's too much.)
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

User avatar
SNT1
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

Post by SNT1 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:28 pm

A Katoki redesign.

...All is right with the world.

And a 100% chance of an MG.

Good news.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/

Strike
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:03 pm

Re: RX-78-7

Post by Strike » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Mark064 wrote:Well they've finally done it. The RX-78-7 has been finally remade just like the RX-78-4, RX78-5 and RX-78-6 of the past. Part of the 30th Anniversary, what will it be in the end is unknown, animation, manga, game, who knows. For a comparison here is the original design from M-MSV.
Not trying to light a fire, but this may not be the RX-78-7. I'm not trying to sound overtly rude, but it is called "Phantom Gundam Unit No.7" It's the "Phantom" part that irks me, as well as the fact that its attached to a unit called "Phantom Sweep".

I know how vain this makes me sound.

User avatar
ydawg314
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: in your fridge behind the apple juice

Post by ydawg314 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm

well the mudrock is a remake of RX-78-6 this may be a similar thing.

Post Reply