Ryujin's Design Works (Updated Oct. 8, '22)

The place to share your artwork.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Re: Ryujin's Design Works (Updated Sep.27 '09)

I'm not too much of a fan of the "headless torso" design but I do like the overall style of the Shoki. the Crucis looks far too blocky for me.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
OddlucK

Re: Ryujin's Design Works (Updated Sep.27 '09)

Ryujin wrote:Akagi
Damn. That's pretty. :D
Geoxile

Re: Ryujin's Design Works (Updated Nov.12, '09)

The one thing I really have a gripe about is the head.

I think it looks way to simple in contrast to the rest of the body. Reminds me of Layzner tho.
Ryujin

Re: Ryujin's Design Works (Updated Nov.12, '09)

Gelgoog Jaeger & Rick Dom II

Monitor resolution must be higher than 1600 (or download the .png) to display the full-sized pic.
tehprognoob

Re: Ryujin's Design Works (Updated May 20, '10)

Damn. There are good.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Ryujin

Re: Ryujin's Design Works (Updated June 21, '13)

Three years later...

Posting something I put on the back burner & forgot to finish two years ago.

DFB-03 Grillon

Also, some lineart from Mobile Frame Zero:

ST-07 Chub
ST-02D Commissar
XMF-91L McCoy
Amion

Ryujin wrote:Three years later...

Posting something I put on the back burner & forgot to finish two years ago.

DFB-03 Grillon

Also, some lineart from Mobile Frame Zero:

ST-07 Chub
ST-02D Commissar
XMF-91L McCoy
L-Legos! I love legos. I came across Mobile Frame Forge a while back, but lost the site and couldn't get back there. I've always thought about making a game like this.

I must admit I'm not too keen on the lineart, a physical model would definitely impress though. So long as it's made with bricks. 8)
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Turinu

I'm not much into games like what Mobile Frame Zero is (Just not into board game like things), but I love Legos. When I saw all of that the last time you brought it up I just had to go and try making one of my own, as I really loved all the mecha designs for the game (Your wonderful line art not excluded, :D).

I think the last time I touched any of these pieces was over a decade ago?

Fortunately had enough to make one mecha, lol.
toysdream

Love the Metal Frame Zero designs! I keep looking for the Like button and then I remember this ain't Facebook. :-)

-- Mark
Amion

Shori wrote:I'm not much into games like what Mobile Frame Zero is (Just not into board game like things), but I love Legos. When I saw all of that the last time you brought it up I just had to go and try making one of my own, as I really loved all the mecha designs for the game (Your wonderful line art not excluded, :D).

I think the last time I touched any of these pieces was over a decade ago?

Fortunately had enough to make one mecha, lol.
That's awesome, Shori. and I'm not much for games like that either, although its hard to dislike it when it has such nice lego mechs. Legos make anything fun. 8)

And if this is what you can do after a decade of absence, I don't want to know what you were capable of back in your Lego hayday.
Amion

Ryujin wrote:Thanks for the comments, guys.

Anyways, assorted WIPs:

http://i.imgur.com/l3ihN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HYVlIUg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ksdZ0AI.jpg
These: :D I like these. Tell me more about them all. Particularly that awesome second one, http://i.imgur.com/HYVlIUg.jpg. Tell me now! :x
Ryujin

Amion wrote: These: :D I like these. Tell me more about them all. Particularly that awesome second one, http://i.imgur.com/HYVlIUg.jpg. Tell me now! :x
The first one's a demi-shell for my sci-fi setting; haven't really worked on the description yet. Second & third one are for a fantasy setting (giant robots are a given) that I'm working on. Second is intended to be a human-sized, magically-powered automaton controlled by supernatural forces, third is heavy armor for a pikeman, designed for maximum protection when set to 'receive cavalry.'
Amion

Ryujin wrote:
Amion wrote: These: :D I like these. Tell me more about them all. Particularly that awesome second one, http://i.imgur.com/HYVlIUg.jpg. Tell me now! :x
The first one's a demi-shell for my sci-fi setting; haven't really worked on the description yet. Second & third one are for a fantasy setting (giant robots are a given) that I'm working on. Second is intended to be a human-sized, magically-powered automaton controlled by supernatural forces, third is heavy armor for a pikeman, designed for maximum protection when set to 'receive cavalry.'
This: Awesome, I love the walker, absolutely love it. Why: it's so simple, like a basic machine I could see, like a chariot given legs for better maneuvering, or a people who lost their horses for some reason and had to develop new means of travel. Most fantasy mecha I see mixing medieval go for twisted, strange designs that look half organic and very unappealing, with almost always a quirky weapon that passes for cannons, and bizarre spikes are a given.

These have none of that :D Tell me more about the setting, please.
Ryujin

The setting's basically a world, with a much greater surface area than Earth's, where magic functions and certain energetic chemical reactions don't. The basic theories behind magic use are relatively well-understood, and as such, finds acceptance & even common use in most civilizations. In addition, there is a general awareness of concepts such as the germ theory of disease, double-entry bookkeeping, the scientific method, machine tools, etc.

However, the world's habitable areas are separated & divided up by so-called 'Harshlands,' large regions characterized by inhospitable terrain, extreme weather conditions and a plethora of savage beasts (often of unusually large size and strange powers).

The development of the 'manaburner,' a spheroid mechanism which functions as a magical engine, along with the application of the Law of Association & its sublaws, contrived to produce humanoid mecha. A side-effect of the magical processes involved is the formation of a human-shaped protective field surrounding the mecha, which is actually a reflection of the aura generated by certain living beings. This field functions as, among other things, a kind of 'momentum sink' which permits the mecha to function more smoothly & effectively by reducing or eliminating movement-related inertia and momentum. It also protects against ranged attacks & projectiles both magical & mundane. However, it does not protect against melee attacks from something that is generating a similar aura or protective field--two fields that intersect merge to form a single, larger field with both field generators within, much like two droplets of water combining into a larger one.

With such machines, regular contact was established & maintained between the various polities of the world. While travel through the Harshlands, whether in large or small numbers, is still dangerous, at least the odds aren't as suicidal anymore (usually, anyways).
Amion

Pretty good, very nice and detailed fora mecha fantasy.

Got plot? :mrgreen:
Ryujin

Not at this time, no. There's a number of disparate elements that I still need to integrate in order to make the setting more internally consistent.

I like to work within the boundaries of a background setting whenever I do original stuff.
TemjinQC

Those armors look awesome! and nice rendering too.