Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

So I finally saw the Witch from Mercury prologue last night, and...

I did a thing..

Started off as just a recolor, and then I got the idea to mod the backpack. Might do a rear view at some point.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Very nice. Are you going to try to do stuff to the other new mobile suits and such for G-Witch?
Dark Duel

Maybe. Anyway, just for giggles, here is the Aerial recolor with the original backpack

And, since I had nothing better to do, I went ahead and did the rear views as well:
Simple Recolor
Modified backpack. This one was a fair bit more challenging than I expected, but I did my best.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Very nice. Keep it up.
Omega

Jeez, this is really good DD. Hope you dabble more with WfM suits as we get more over the course of the series.
Dark Duel

That was certainly the plan. Of course, I'll only be able to do this for as long as my tired old Macbook Pro lasts, but I plan to keep doing it for as long as I can. And here's a couple of recolors of the Gundam Pharact that I've been thinking about pretty much since I first laid eyes on it:
Pharact in Gaplant Colors. Same colors as the original, of course.
But I also did a slight variation of the same, in Gaplant TR-5 [Hrairoo] Colors

EDIT: And a third one that literally just occurred to me: Johnny Ridden colors

Dark Duel

I did a thing again. This time it's the custom I'd done of Aerial with Lfrith's backpack added on, but in Aerial's colors instead of Lfrith's.

FRONT
REAR

Omega

Keep it up XD the Pharact recolors look really nice
Dark Duel

Thanks

Dark Duel

I did another thing.

This time, it's The Origin's RX-78-01, in a color scheme inspired by the MSV RX-78-1. The base image is a modified version of RX-78-02 lineart I found on GWiki.

I also did a variant that has both beam sabers instead of the shoulder cannon.

Got one or two ideas for RX-78-02 alternate color schemes as well that I might mess with. Will post those as I finish them.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deathzealot

Hmmmm... Dark Duel, I am getting a "File not found message"? Is something wrong with the URL or something?
Dark Duel

I did have to correct a coloring mistake and reupload, but both should be working now.

Deathzealot

Okay. That worked. Still nice! Maybe you could do the one image from one of the books that had the RX-78-1 without its V-fin.
Dark Duel

I think I remember that. I think I've also seen a version of the 78-02 from Origin that had no V-Fin, just had two antennae on the back of the head. Might require some surgery on the lineart if I can do it. In the meantime, I've done a pair of the RX-78-02 this time, in RX-78-3 colors.

Standard loadout(two beam sabers)
With shoulder cannon
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deathzealot

Yeah, I do believe it is done by Kyoshi Takigawa for the Anaheim Lab Book I think?
Omega

Dark Duel wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:07 am I did another thing.

This time, it's The Origin's RX-78-01, in a color scheme inspired by the MSV RX-78-1. The base image is a modified version of RX-78-02 lineart I found on GWiki.

I also did a variant that has both beam sabers instead of the shoulder cannon.

Got one or two ideas for RX-78-02 alternate color schemes as well that I might mess with. Will post those as I finish them.
I love how you blended the aesthetics of the two versions of the Prototype Gundam here with this, and your G-3 variant looks really good too XD You're doing great DD
Dark Duel

So since we have(on the official site) new lineart of the Gundam Aerial with its Mirasoul Flight Unit, I figured I'd see what that would look like recolored to match the main body

Omega

Simple but effective recolor there and it looks nice when done up to match too
Dark Duel

Thanks. Just did another one that's been on my mind for a while, but pivoting back to IBO this time. This is one I've been wanting to do pretty much since the Helmwige Reincar was revealed, but never got around to doing until just recently:

Helmwige in Thrudgelmir-inspired colors(Front and Rear views)

Helmwige in Thrudgelmir-inspired colors(Front view with Valkyrja Buster Sword)

Dark Duel

Continuing with custom stuff of Mobile Suits other than Gundams, this time it's a custom CCP-068 Heingra, using some parts from the CFP-010 Heindree and the Heindree Sturm. Color scheme inspired by the Duel Gundam. I went ahead and did two separate loadouts: A close-quarters loadout optimized for one-on-one duels, and a more general-purpose long-range assault loadout:

Custom Heingra Close-Quarters Type
Custom Heingra Long-Range Type
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.