Pacific Rim anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pirx

Pacific Rim anime

Any Pacific Rim fans here?
What do you think about new anime series which just dropped on Netflix?
Mafty

Re: Pacific Rim anime

I like it , I've only watched 2 episodes(I like to spread shows out rather than binge watch) but it seems off to a strong start. It's a bit darker than the main franchise, but more in line with works like Gundam and Layzner in that regard. The story is interesting and the CGI is very well done, and apparently its going to get a sequel. Hopefully it gets a proper conclusions, because we're probably not going to get a Pacific Rim 3.
pirx

Well i've checked internet just to be certain and those 7 episodes released represent entire first season - talk about the case of "too little".
I hope it gets continued. From what i've understood (without spoilers) anime is set in both movie continuity, story is after second movie - there are references in the anime to the events in both movies in past sentence.
Mafty

Now that the second season has been released, what does everyone think? I thought it was neat to flesh out the Pacific Rim universe more (Particularly involving the Kaiju cult), and I actually liked it much better than Pacific Rim Uprising . Is there any word on whether there will be more seasons? Because there seems like there's more they could do with the story.
Chris
Administrator

They already announced there will not be any more seasons. Since Netflix is cutting back on animated series, I wouldn't expect them to do anything else in this universe.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his