Forum design changes

Rules, forum announcements and tech support can be found here.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Forum design changes

SonicSP wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:38 am I have a minor feature request.

On the old layout, when you look at the topic list, the latest poster name of each topic will be shown alongside an icon. Clicking on that icon will bring you to the latest post on the latest page.

This feature appears not to be available anymore in the new mobile site version (unsure about desktop). I was wondering whether it can be reimplemented?

It's far from a deal breaker or anything but it was still fairly useful for catching up on threads. Clicking on the latest page and scrolling down is more time consuming.
The feature still exists on desktop. Some other adjustments need to be made to the mobile layout, so I will add that to the list.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hitokirigarou

Was there ever a Macross mecha section? If yes, why was it removed?
Chris
Administrator

There has always been a Macross mecha section and it hasn't been removed.
hitokirigarou

But it's not showing up in the list: https://i.imgur.com/2Zxj3Ys.png
Chris
Administrator

hitokirigarou wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:39 pm But it's not showing up in the list: https://i.imgur.com/2Zxj3Ys.png
This was literally addressed in the first news post on the site:
Chris wrote:You’ll notice that under this new navigation system you’ll find that a lot of series are missing (for now). We decided it was best to make clean break from the old version, and that means that the old site is now frozen as an archive of all the old content. All content updates will be made on the new site, but at the same time we will be converting content from the old site. We’re launching this new version with nearly 2,000 pages converted, but there’s still much more to be done. The old site will be available during this time, but it will eventually be taken down once we’re done. This new version of the site is a work in progress, so you might see some design elements change over time.
Zeonista

I like the new look. Very streamlined, futuristic, RX-78 colored.... Also easy to read, which is good because I don't like playing the bifocals switch thing a lot.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde