Gundam Seed Movie Status

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Iris Scope

Gundam Seed Movie Status

Recently got to thinking that maybe people will get confused if the article doesn't have it's own thread and is mistakenly on the HD Remaster dub thread taking up space. Anyway, it's probably worth talking about if you are still into Seed and want to see some sort of continuation happen.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... us/.150855
Kuruni

Re: Gundam Seed Movie Status

Well, Morosawa is gone, so it might be something.

That being said, part of me think they simply learn nothing from Duke Nukem Forever.
My girlfriend was a loli.
yazi88

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if this so called "movie" would be another lazy retread by having COMPILATIONS of Seed HD remaster and Destiny HD remaster...
Dark Duel

Honestly, my level of interest in additional animated CE works is pretty close to zero at this point. I suppose the best I can muster is a kind of mild, morbid curiosity at just how they're going to manage to jump the shark this time.
That and, with a few notable exceptions, the mech designs have usually been at least decent in the series.

At the same time, I agree with yazi that a lazy cash-grab compilation project remains within the realm of possibility.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Henyo

Personally, i think the SUit designs in SEED got worse as the time went on. i mean sure the Buster wasnt the most well designed Gundam. but i favor it 9000 over the Verde Buster. same for the Astray series. how many colors do we hove now? And Lowe's Upgrades...never really dug that one with the Multi purpose backpack.

story wise...what else is there to do in CE? the space whales finally appearing? or maybe its going to be a 10 years into the future where the humans have extended past Jupiter..oh wait..UC already did that...
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Maybe they just realize that there's nothing can be pass as CE Zeong...
BrentD15

At this point, I'd rather have a CE redo. With all the potential wasted due to a troubled production and turning in scripts late, we deserve better.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Seto Kaiba

Think I'd take a miss on a SEED movie... too much angst from too many identical whiny prettyboys.

Unless someone is self-aware enough to notice that they keep repeating the same freaking plot over and over again, and actually say "not this sh*t again" when another suspiciously well-connected anti-coordinator group shows up and takes over the government.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Amion

Maybe Lacus will hit her head on something and turn violently evil? Or perhaps the Spacewhales do in fact come and bring an Evangelion-esque Newtype Instrumentality. And make Kira their prophet. Yes, yes they basically did that to Setsuna in the 00 movie. So make him Gendo. Evil prophet. Those space whales are probably violent star orcas or something.

As zany and crazy as possible. That's what I want.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Seto Kaiba

Amion wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:00 pm As zany and crazy as possible. That's what I want.
The whole film done in the style of the Celestial Being super sentai flick from Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

I'm partially expect that the first scene will be 5 minutes before the conclusion, then most of the movie will be his flashback :p .
Henyo

Kuruni wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:51 am I'm partially expect that the first scene will be 5 minutes before the conclusion, then most of the movie will be his flashback :p .
the SEED movie's gonna have to do better than what the Star Driver Movie did. show a new possible plot point and then spend the rest of the running time telling a condensed version of the story. granted i didn't know it was a compilation movie back then..what is ever announced as one? ?_?

serious question: what have story did all of those Manga spin offs tell? did not one even gofurther into the timeline?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Well, the Full Armor Blue Frame 2nd is noted to be its chronologically last form, but the story is yet (and likely will never) reach that point.
Iris Scope

I still remember when they announced back in the day that Stellar Louissier was going to return (likely as a ghost once again to Shinn) since Houko Kuwashima was supposedly one of the first to be contacted to come back. But given Seed's track record of bringing people back from the dead (Mwu La Flaga at the end of Seed to be brought back in Seed Destiny as Neo Roanoke, Sting Oakley killed once in Seed Destiny only to come back and be killed off once again), it wouldn't be off the beaten path for Stellar to somehow be magically brought back to life with the right touch of bullshit reasoning. :mrgreen:
Dark Duel

I remember many years ago reading an old and fairly bad GSD sequel fic that did exactly that - brought back not only the GSD trio, but also the Seed junkies, handwaving it as "cloning" while ignoring the fact that cloning has, as per both series, some pretty substantial health ramifications.
Can't remember where I read it, I'm pretty sure that site is now defunct, but I firmly believe that this kind of lazy/bad writing is well within the range of stuff the GSD crowd is capable of. The writing on in particular the latter half of GSD makes the likes of Jack Thorne look like Shakespeare.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
BrentD15

Dark Duel wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:10 pm I remember many years ago reading an old and fairly bad GSD sequel fic that did exactly that - brought back not only the GSD trio, but also the Seed junkies, handwaving it as "cloning" while ignoring the fact that cloning has, as per both series, some pretty substantial health ramifications.
Can't remember where I read it, I'm pretty sure that site is now defunct, but I firmly believe that this kind of lazy/bad writing is well within the range of stuff the GSD crowd is capable of. The writing on in particular the latter half of GSD makes the likes of Jack Thorne look like Shakespeare.
Well, since Morosawa is no longer with us, I'm hoping this isn't as much of an issue now.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Deathzealot

Dark Duel wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:10 pm I remember many years ago reading an old and fairly bad GSD sequel fic that did exactly that - brought back not only the GSD trio, but also the Seed junkies, handwaving it as "cloning" while ignoring the fact that cloning has, as per both series, some pretty substantial health ramifications.
If it is the fic I am thinking of then that is the Carbon Human thing that one of the mangas introduced. It is how we got Un No back for a while along with Rondo Gina Sahaku. It was never explained how it was done if I remember right but it was used a few times in some stories to bring back a favorite character or two.

That said. If we do end up getting a SEED movie I would love to see what it is since SEED is really the first ever Gundam series that I really got into fully. So I am eager to see what it is but I can understand others reaction to it for Cosmic Era really isn't all that much liked anymore. I just want to see what it is going to be in end.
Dark Duel

Yeah, no. This was years before VS Astray introduced the Carbon Human concept;
I only very vaguely remember the fic itself except it used Seed/Destiny characters exclusively, and it specifically used "cloning" as an excuse to bring back the six Extended from the series(most of which were, btw, massively OOC)

The site it was on is defunct, and it was so bad I'm disinclined to try to find it elsewhere.

As for a hypothetical Seed movie...yes, I know Morosawa's no longer a factor. But frankly, Stargazer Stage 3 wasn't her handiwork, and it was just as stupid IMO as the last third of GSD.
Mind you, I'm never going to be able to dislike Seed. Derivative as it is, I like the series in spite of its flaws. But after the disappointment that was every subsequent animated CE work, I'm not optimistic
Last edited by Dark Duel on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Deathzealot

Dark Duel wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 am Yeah, no. This was years and years before VS Astray introduced the Carbon Human concept; I only very vaguely remember the fic itself except it used Seed/Destiny characters exclusively, and it specifically used "cloning" as an excuse to bring back the six Extended from the series(most of which were, btw, massively OOC)
Raised Eyebrow. Then it isn't the fic I thought it was then. My apologies.
Amion

I could honestly see bio-titans like AoT being a thing. Stargazer had them and it would be a logical next step in the string of horrible genetic transhumanism that was a core factor of Seed. "Maybe old Rau was right after all?" could be a question Lacus and Friends must wrestle with.

Until Lacus remembers all she gotta do is sing while Kira shoots stuff, of course.

But heck, anything for me is better than more Build Fighters stuff. The Rerise feels like some kind of parody only crazy Otaku are supposed to enjoy. Frankly, I find this kind of thing... disconcerting. PLEASE bring back a serious series. Even if it's just C.E repetitions. We might get some cool designs and a semi-interesting setting out of it.

Oh! I know, I know! Since the end of Destiny is Star Wars, we can have the Seed movie follow suit. It can be called "The Gundam Awakens" or "Char-clone Rising". Durandel can come back amidst the ruins of Messiah to re-invoke his Destiny Plan!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.