The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

MayflyOfSpace wrote:
balofo wrote: Blue Graze has new elbow armor too:
https://i.imgur.com/63HeCLT.jpg

And it looks like it has ever so slightly different feet, too.
Yeah different details on tip and higher heels, I wonder if high heels are useful for combat under gravity going by this and Barbatos new feet
MayflyOfSpace

balofo wrote:
MayflyOfSpace wrote:
balofo wrote: Blue Graze has new elbow armor too:
https://i.imgur.com/63HeCLT.jpg

And it looks like it has ever so slightly different feet, too.
Yeah different details on tip and higher heels, I wonder if high heels are useful for combat under gravity going by this and Barbatos new feet
Maybe, but it's probably just a rule of cool sort of thing. Which is totally fine by me.
Arsarcana

So, anyone have a guess as to what Barbatos' new weapon is? The shot we have looks like a big hammer with a protruding 'tooth' (maybe to penetrate armor?) but it looks like there are several more retracted ones along the leading edge and the view from the front makes it look like there could be some sort of unfolding gimmick to it.
BrentD15 wrote:Is it wrong of me to think the Rebake looks like the MSN-04II Nightingale?
Nah, between that and the sub-arms (even if relocated) I could see that. Though my first thought, just based on where the extra arms are hiding and the presence of a halberd, was FSS' Ashura Temple.

Why do sub-arms always make mecha so much cooler? :D
Last edited by Arsarcana on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calubin_175

Hope we will at least get 1/100 Blue/teal Graze, but they are likely to skip Graze Kai and Kai II.

At the moment, all the 1/100 kits are of main characters, with the exception being the standard Graze.

I really wonder if the Gusion and Gusion Rebake could be recreated side by side with one 1/100 Gusion kit and a 1/100 Barbatos frame.
balofo

-Option Set 3 box missing description:
Halberd: armament that aimed for power improvement when swung downwards by substantially extending the battleaxe's handle. Characterized by a wide distance, it can also be used as short axe by shortening the handle.

-1/100 Schwalbe Graze manual(new text only)
Graze Frame: The Schwalbe Graze is a machine that was designed based on the prototype model that was born in the development process of Gjallarhorn's current mainline all-purpose MS Graze. Consequently, as for the position of mainline all-purpose machine, it took a form that was deprived of the current Graze's excellent operational and cost aspect, however it had been decided that the Schwalbe Graze would become recognized as a commander machine. Due to Gjallarhorn's continued accumulation of MS development technology since the Calamity War era, they succeeded in making the frame structure lighter and simpler. Development efficiency is high, it has a mechanism that can also perform smooth maintenance. Compared with the Gundam Frame which is an ancient fuselage, its design concept is to functionally aggregate, it's possible to say that it has been refined for a better utility aspect. It's a machine that can be called the culmination of current technology, it's a beautiful MS from the blueprint.

Kimaris soon
Last edited by balofo on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrentD15

Arsarcana wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:Is it wrong of me to think the Rebake looks like the MSN-04II Nightingale?
Nah, between that and the sub-arms (even if relocated) I could see that. Though my first thought, just based on where the extra arms are hiding and the presence of a halberd, was FSS' Ashura Temple.

Why do sub-arms always make mecha so much cooler? :D
Element of surprise.
An enemy comes in close, thinks it has the advantage, but then "Surprise!". :twisted:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Grimgerde lineart and profile that confirms it's equipped with ヴァルキュリア・フレーム(I wonder if they will go with Valkyrja or Valkyria Frame) and it being developed in the closing stage of the Calamity War. Might be the Fareed family heirloom MS. Blades are its main weapons and they can be used mounted on the shields.

https://i.imgur.com/r7MvNSd.jpg

Rebake lineart: https://i.imgur.com/nj8IqPf.jpg
zetatype

Hmm I am having mixed feelings about the Barbatos' sixth form. I really like the new shoulder pads and chest piece (though I hope they get some more color), but I really dislike the high heels. I'm generally not a fan of high heels aesthetically or practically speaking, though it doesn't bother me if the mobile suit is designed primarily for space like the Man Rodi. The high heels on the Grazes don't bother me too much, but the heels on the Barbatos look more impractical with the way they are angled forward. And when viewed from the side the overall design of the feet just make the lower half of the legs look too thin.

I'm disappointed by the design of the new melee weapon. I literally looks like a bunch of scrap metal attached to a stick and nothing more. Also, unless the weapon was hastily put together in the field, I don't see why the Barbatos has another giant bludgeoning weapon since it already has the mace.

As for the Gundam Gusion Rebake, I am loving pretty much everything about it. The head cam, the backpack thrusters, the weapons, the giant skirt that acts like a shield, I just love the overall design. Can't wait to get the 1/144 scale model.

I'm also really liking the look of the Grimgerde. Its nice to see another Gjallahorn suit that isn't another Graze variant and it doesn't have high heels.
Amion

I have no clue about high heels being better than good old flat feet. It may be that the sixth form could stab targets with them. That's the one and only use I've ever parsed out of the idea. Maybe it is nothing more than a special flavor of rule of cool, or whatever. I don't mind the look sometimes, but in this case it's very bizarre.

Perhaps Ahab reactors warp gravity in such a way that the fewer points of contact to the ground there are, the better?

As for the new melee weapon, I am enraged we are seeing a replacement to the signature Macespear. If it became a Build Knuckle or Shining Finger, then GREAT! It'd be the best of the bunch were it so. Regardless, the new weapon looks like it has secrets. Hmm, perhaps it will grow on us when it is shown in action.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
zetatype

Funny thing is a high heel design would have probably been ok for the earlier Barbatos forms since it would fit the whole minimalist and incomplete look. But with the new armor its starting to look top heavy. In fact the lack of any additional leg armor is also making it look top heavy, hope the Barbatos eventually gets some meat on its legs. If nothing else I guess I can always just add some thrusters to fill in the gap in the feet.

Also, are those thrusters or weapons on the hips of the Barbatos?
Arsarcana

The captions suggest (but don't absolutely confirm) the former and they look like a fusion of the various hip boosters we've seen from the Graze series.
Kuruni

Amion wrote:Perhaps Ahab reactors warp gravity in such a way that the fewer points of contact to the ground there are, the better?
Not sure if Barbatos' twin drives can make it work that way, but Man Rodi's single drive can't.

I guess Barbatos's new weapon is a swiss army style mace, it does look like container of sort.
SonicSP wrote:Isn't large caliber gun just about right though with that J-Wiki word? I think the last kanji can also be used for either "guns" or "cannons" if my dictionary is correct (though the actual words for each are different even if they share the same kanji),
I just have bad habit of calling Google Translation "butcher", it actually work pretty nice as dictionary indeed.
My girlfriend was a loli.
balofo

New MS that will appear in ep 17: https://i.imgur.com/taUdbuV.jpg

Seems to be a Rodi Frame variant

Also the GJ MW has 4 grenade launchers on the side top shields.
Calubin_175

It does resemble the regular Rodi Frame with a smaller head.

https://i.imgur.com/wGK6noV.jpg

The Grimgerde description said it was one of the MS utilising the Valkyria Frame, so there should be more to come.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:The Grimgerde description said it was one of the MS utilising the Valkyria Frame, so there should be more to come.
Yeah, I didn't even mention it because nothing came from the 26 surviving Gundams...
balofo

Website updated with Grimgerde and Rebake lineart. Grimgerde model number is: V08-1228. It's the eighth Valkyria Frame unit from 9 total.

http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/23.php
http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/22.php

Schwalbe's Wire Claw model number is GR-Es02, source HJ.
Arsarcana

balofo wrote:Yeah, I didn't even mention it because nothing came from the 26 surviving Gundams...
Well, there's a difference between 'this unit wasn't recorded as being destroyed during the Calamity War' and 'this unit is currently in use'. Kimaris sounds like it's been more or less gathering dust for three centuries but it's one of the 26, Barbatos was a recent discovery and so on. And we've got a few episodes to go where they can pull out another if they want to.
Grimgerde model number is: V08-1228. It's the eighth Valkyria Frame unit from 9 total.
Taken straight from Wagner, no doubt. So V01 would presumably be Brunnhilde, V02 would probably be Gerhilde and so on.
kabukigang777

it is possible that naze turbine and eugene will have their gundam?
E08

balofo wrote:It's the eighth Valkyria Frame unit from 9 total.
Just curious, is this from one of the magazines?
balofo

E08 wrote:
balofo wrote:It's the eighth Valkyria Frame unit from 9 total.
Just curious, is this from one of the magazines?
Nope just speculation since the play it's based on has 9 valkyries and Grimgerde was the eighth in it.