Anaheim Subsidiaries

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
degwin_zabi

Anaheim Subsidiaries

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Anaheim-j-13241.jpg This is a list of dozens of them. Some of them seem to have purposeful names, but a few don't strike me as straight in the understanding department. And that's saying a lot for a franchise that has names like "Degwin" and such. No offense intended. One of them, if you can adjust your computer's setting to see, is called Credy Business, for example.

Anyway, I know that Anaheim's a conglomerate with a track record for blaming their obvious faults on their department heads whether than the company as a whole. Which is both smart for a villain and stupid for an honest worker in my opinion. However, I would appreciate some possible clues to what sort of businesses those companies do in their independent time. I know some of their names sound obvious, but they almost sound a bit repetitive at the same time, too.

Thoughts?
Ryujin

Re: Anaheim Subsidiaries

Actually, the book Anaheim Journal, from where that image came from, lists their functions, as well as their individual logos. Iirc, there was even an organizational chart.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I put my copy of the darnblamed thing. Someone else probably has one within easy reach.
ShadowCell

let me just light the toysdream signal...

C:
Brave Fencer Kirby

Anaheim seems to follow the Japanese concept of the zaibatsu, which is, in ELI5 terms, a huge freakin' company with a government approved (or at least tolerated) monopoly over certain area(s) of industry. While Anaheim's primary focus seems to be on weapons technology, it's likely got a finger in everything from mining to finance to real estate.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
degwin_zabi

Ryujin wrote:Actually, the book Anaheim Journal, from where that image came from, lists their functions, as well as their individual logos. Iirc, there was even an organizational chart.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I put my copy of the darnblamed thing. Someone else probably has one within easy reach.
Can an English version be bought online?
Kratos

Definitely not. I might have a copy kicking around somewhere though, I'll see if I can find it.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Deacon Blues

There's several HUNDRED subsidiaries. I think I have the translated document somewhere on my external. I'll go searching.
degwin_zabi

Deacon Blues wrote:There's several HUNDRED subsidiaries. I think I have the translated document somewhere on my external. I'll go searching.
Thanks.
MythSearcher

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:Anaheim seems to follow the Japanese concept of the zaibatsu, which is, in ELI5 terms, a huge freakin' company with a government approved (or at least tolerated) monopoly over certain area(s) of industry. While Anaheim's primary focus seems to be on weapons technology, it's likely got a finger in everything from mining to finance to real estate.
Yes, just from Anaheim Journal, it has a vacation branch, and builds their own resort colony.
They have their own credit card branch, and also sells fine wine and cosmetic products.

From a more general settings, they build everything from as small as radio parts to as big as Space colonies.
Dendrobium Stamen

A good modern comparison would be Samsung, the Korean conglomerate giant corporate... thing. They're even headquartered on an office park in Seoul called Samsung Town, and looking at the size of the office buildings, that name might not be too misleading! With 489,000 employees and 2014 revenues of US$305 billion... that's a big group.

(The above paragraph in no way sponsored by Samsung, although if they'd like to donate me a new tablet for the PR bit, I won't mind)

Of course, Anaheim seems to take things even further - while Samsung was split into four smaller entities in the late 1980s, it would appear that Anaheim continues to expand; although it does of course depend on just how big and how visible these subsidiary companies are, of course. Some of them may only be tax or liability vehicles, to reduce AE Group's exposure to risk - given what we see, though, there's no doubt AE plays a major role in the Earth Sphere economy, certainly in the First Universal Century when they're getting major military contracts from just about every warring power going.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Kratos

Found it!

First, here's the full list of corporate divisions - FOUR PAGES OF THEM. There's also this page here, which features a few subsidiary logos.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
degwin_zabi

Kratos wrote:Found it!

First, here's the full list of corporate divisions - FOUR PAGES OF THEM. There's also this page here, which features a few subsidiary logos.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in Japanese, but I'll see what I can do.
Deacon Blues

This is just an example:

モンテレー電子
-----------------------------

Company Name: Monterrey Electron Inc.
Chief Executive Officer: Max Island
Address: Granada, Monterrey Ward, Riverside 353*
Capital: 1,480,000,000
Founded: U.C.0050.09.04
Established: U.C.0059.04.01
Business Objective: Software development, VLSI design, packaging design
Major Product: Filegetter, celetsumo: Mk-IV optical device, celetsumo: Mk-V optical device
Launch: U.C.0061
Delivery Record: 92 Companies (end of U.C.0095.12)
Turnover: 66,000,000,000
Number of Employees: 1,033

Notes: An enterprise that was a corporate spin-off from Monterrery Iron & Steel located in the industrial city of Coahuila in the northern part of Mexico. It is affiliated with Anaheim Electronics for computer CPU production. However, sometimes original peripheral devices become rival goods.

* Or, to put the Western way I suppose: 353 Riverside, Monterrey Ward, Granada.

Also interesting to note that Monterrey isn't located in Coahuila, but rather in Nuevo León. Oops! Maybe for the sake of the UC times one state devoured the other?
MythSearcher

Deacon Blues wrote:This is just an example:

モンテレー電子
-----------------------------

Company Name: Monterrey Electron Inc.
Chief Executive Officer: Max Island
Address: Granada, Monterrey Ward, Riverside 353*
Capital: 1,480,000,000
Founded: U.C.0050.09.04
Established: U.C.0059.04.01
Business Objective: Software development, VLSI design, packaging design
Major Product: Filegetter, celetsumo: Mk-IV optical device, celetsumo: Mk-V optical device
Launch: U.C.0061
Delivery Record: 92 Companies (end of U.C.0095.12)
Turnover: 66,000,000,000
Number of Employees: 1,033

Notes: An enterprise that was a corporate spin-off from Monterrery Iron & Steel located in the industrial city of Coahuila in the northern part of Mexico. It is affiliated with Anaheim Electronics for computer CPU production. However, sometimes original peripheral devices become rival goods.

* Or, to put the Western way I suppose: 353 Riverside, Monterrey Ward, Granada.

Also interesting to note that Monterrey isn't located in Coahuila, but rather in Nuevo León. Oops! Maybe for the sake of the UC times one state devoured the other?
Interestingly, the real life Monterrey Iron & Metal is located neither in Coahuila nor Nuevo León, but in San Antonio, Texas.
http://www.monterreyiron.com/location.html

We know that in UC the countries got reorganized, so states are highly possibly reorganized as well, but company names are not necessarily related to where they locate. Just like Kobe beef is not from really Kobe...(Kobe is a commercial city, the beef is only cultured in the same prefecture)
degwin_zabi

Thanks, Deacon. Businesses tend to move on occasion, I suppose. But what's with the "Launch date"?
I can understand establishment as the day it was bought by AE, but that last part sounds a bit misleading.
Deacon Blues

The term is 発売開始. It literally means "start selling" or "begin sales". Think of it as when they launched their products officially.
degwin_zabi

Deacon Blues wrote:The term is 発売開始. It literally means "start selling" or "begin sales". Think of it as when they launched their products officially.
Well, yeah, I guess that logistical stuff would take a while.
degwin_zabi

So how's everyone's Japanese?
ShadowCell

please stop bumping threads for no reason.
degwin_zabi

ShadowCell wrote:please stop bumping threads for no reason.
What are you talking about? I'm the one who started it, and I wanted to see if anyone was able to either fully translate it, or knows a website that already did.