Official Gundamn Fan Chat Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
NastyNate

Official Gundamn Fan Chat Thread

For those not on the Facebook group.

The first Gundamn Fan Chat is now up! This was recorded on 5/20/2012. The subject is top 5 mecha anime relationships. In this chat is myself, Torino Deguzman, Robert Hayes, and Abhinay Rao.
http://soundcloud.com/nates4christ/gund ... 1-favorite

I will also try and post here next time we have one for those not on the facebook group that would like to join us.

We also need ideas of things to talk about. Keeping it topical keeps the organization and fun up! :P
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
schwarz ritter

Re: Gundamn Fan Chat

This is very interesting. I'm looking forward to more of this.

As a new subject for this "chat", I'd go for Top 5 Super-Robot Mecha shows.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
steeltamashii

Maybe another topic to discuss: Top 5 Best Final Battles in Mecha Anime
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
schwarz ritter

Ignore what I said: I go for tamashi's suggestion.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
NastyNate

I like top 5 battle too. Great idea. But how about we make it just battles in general including final battles to broaden the scope even more? :D
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

schwarz ritter

The problem is that there are too many choices: there's not just Gundam, but there's also Code Geass, Patlabor, GaoGaiGar, Betterman....the list is very, very big. Each series has amazing battles of their own, and you'd have to be VERY selective.

But its your FanChat. You can chose whatever you like.
steeltamashii

NastyNate wrote:I like top 5 battle too. Great idea. But how about we make it just battles in general including final battles to broaden the scope even more? :D
That's cool with me but I'd have to remake my list.
schwarz ritter

Which battles did you have in mind, steel?
NastyNate

schwarz ritter wrote:
Which battles did you have in mind, steel?
That would ruin the surprise :P

Arbiter GUNDAM

And once AGE is over, we need to have a discussion on that as well.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
steeltamashii

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:And once AGE is over, we need to have a discussion on that as well.
I would agree. I would definitely love to have a discussion about AGE without having to deal with trolls that have raided /m/ with vitriolic remarks on the show (even though alot of the complaints make no sense)
schwarz ritter

Steel, don't mind the trolling haters: they're just jealous of the creators, who are making millions, while the haters are still living with momma and poppa at the age of 30, unable to spend a dime on themselves. LOL JK

AGE would be an interesting topic. I support that idea.
steeltamashii

schwarz ritter wrote:Steel, don't mind the trolling haters: they're just jealous of the creators, who are making millions, while the haters are still living with momma and poppa at the age of 30, unable to spend a dime on themselves. LOL JK
Oh i don't worry about them too much anymore. I stopped caring about those trolls after i saw 00.
NastyNate

How about this: What did the crew of the next generation discuss on the bridge after every episode they warp to a starbase or something and just sit there looking at the main viewer? Did they just sit there and stare at the stars go by? Did they talk smack or maybe play cards?

schwarz ritter

Hmmm....sounds interesting.

I have another topic you could cover: best female characters in mecha. You could then make other FanChats focusing on specific shows.
Arbiter GUNDAM

schwarz ritter wrote:Hmmm....sounds interesting.

I have another topic you could cover: best female characters in mecha. You could then make other FanChats focusing on specific shows.
That was one of my fav episodes of Gundamn. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
schwarz ritter

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: That was one of my fav episodes of Gundamn. :)

Agreed :)
steeltamashii

NastyNate wrote:How about this: What did the crew of the next generation discuss on the bridge after every episode they warp to a starbase or something and just sit there looking at the main viewer? Did they just sit there and stare at the stars go by? Did they talk smack or maybe play cards?
As someone who has recently started getting into Star Trek for the first time I believe this would be an awesome topic.
schwarz ritter

steeltamashii wrote: As someone who has recently started getting into Star Trek for the first time I believe this would be an awesome topic.
I second that. :D
NastyNate

schwarz ritter wrote:The problem is that there are too many choices: there's not just Gundam, but there's also Code Geass, Patlabor, GaoGaiGar, Betterman....the list is very, very big. Each series has amazing battles of their own, and you'd have to be VERY selective.
The more I think about singling out a battle from a series the more I think you are right. It is really tuff to even remember all of the battles but fairly easy to pop in the last episode and view the final episode. Does anyone else agree with this? lets get a vote.