The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk XIV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.

Moderators: ShadowCell, SNT1, mcred23, EZero8

Meteoid
Elitist Earth Politician

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk XIV

Post by Meteoid » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:54 pm

However, Exia and Dynames have both entered the atmosphere on their own and as we saw Kyrios and Virtue do in Se1Ep2 that needs a field.
Although I wonder if that was a proper GN field. My understanding was that it was just a lot of particles being spread infront of the unit, the 'fields' clearly didn't have a fixed shape and there were a lot of particles burning off. I'd call it an unrefined GN field, it seems to be highly focused but in only one area, so it doesn't give the all-round defense of a true GN field.

Gone Astray
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by Gone Astray » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 am

We've seen the Drei and the 00 both release a big flood of particles to block incoming weaponry, but apparently neither could create a spherical Field (although the 00 Raiser could, but it had additional antennae). I'd say that any GN suit could probably just release a huge flood of particles as a sort of emergency measure, which may have been how the Exia and Dynames entered the atmosphere (suits with true Drives could afford to do something like that, probably at the cost of condenser levels), but creating a proper Field apparently takes additional control equipment.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"

pd771
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by pd771 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:44 pm

HomelessGal wrote:Well, interesting information about the Masurao/Susanowo was put up on the Gundam 00 forums.

Hey, the Bandai Hobby site has the profile up already:
http://bandai-hobby.net/gundam00/produc ... anowo.html

I think it says that the Masurao/Susanowo used the Ahead for its developmental base, but it came to resemble a Flag after Mr Bushido turned up and called dibs. The Flag head under the samurai helmet appears to have come from Daryl's Over Flag?
I guess that settles the debate we had awhile ago about whether the Masurao/Susanowo was built on the base of a Flag or just built in the spirit of one.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

Homeless
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Homeless » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Though, I'd rather someone better versed in the language take a crack at the profile before anything I say is used as definitive word in such a...fiercely divided issue. >>
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain

pd771
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by pd771 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Homeless wrote:Though, I'd rather someone better versed in the language take a crack at the profile before anything I say is used as definitive word in such a...fiercely divided issue. >>
Eh, that was just one of those debates that happens because the show wasn't on anymore and we needed something to talk about. Daryl's Flag head, if correct, is really interesting.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

azrael
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by azrael » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 pm

I think it says it was originally developed using a Ahead but when Bushido came around, development restarted using a OverFlag as a design base. And it does state that Daryl's Overflag head is the the head for that thing.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."

radioactive28
Creepy Bishonen

Post by radioactive28 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Anybody noticed the serial number: GNX-Y901TW?
GNX indicates its lineage quite clearly, I'd say, but Y901TW?

Newtype87
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by Newtype87 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:18 pm

radioactive28 wrote:Anybody noticed the serial number: GNX-Y901TW?
GNX indicates its lineage quite clearly, I'd say, but Y901TW?
Well, the GN-Xs are of the 600 line, while the Ahead is the 704. So, I guess that the 901 is a reference to continuing the design of the new units: perhaps there was an intention of mass-producing it or even just as some sort of Ahead-like commander/ace unit before Bushido-kun got his hands on it. "T" is the suffix indicating a Tau drive,or at least the MP units that use them, like the GNX-603T GN-X. That leaves the Y and the W. I suppose they could indicate that it's a prototype of some sort, or maybe the W indicates that it's a Trans-Am unit. So, I guess I've got nothing else.

Is there any indication of how many GN Drives the thing has? I'm inclined to believe that it's got three, one on the back and then one on each hip unit, but I'd love to get some confirmation for it.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham

azrael
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by azrael » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 am

Newtype87 wrote: Well, the GN-Xs are of the 600 line, while the Ahead is the 704. So, I guess that the 901 is a reference to continuing the design of the new units: perhaps there was an intention of mass-producing it or even just as some sort of Ahead-like commander/ace unit before Bushido-kun got his hands on it.
The description mentions that it was a developmental model designed by former Union members as the next main unit of the Federation. As I said, it was originally based on a Ahead until Bushido came around and they switched it to a Flag-based design. Whether or not it would have become the next main unit is anybody's guess since it was a developmental unit and may not have even made it to production.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."

Homeless
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Homeless » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:51 am

They chose an odd way of saying it, but at least they explained why the Masurao's head and feet change inbetween episodes 9 and 14. Enough of the Masurao's basic structure can be glimpsed in the former that I wonder how much really changed, though.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain

T.V.
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by T.V. » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:51 am

Nice to see the Flag lineage confirmed for the Masurao/Susanowo.
I reckon the "Y" in GNX-Y901TW stands for "prototype", as per USAF custom, while the "W" indeed may indicate it being a "weaponized" prototype to be used for actual combat.

I'm interested to see if we'll see a mass produced variant popping up in 00V or perhaps even the movie.

With the GNX-600, -700, and -900 series being known, I wonder what the missing GNX-800 series is, or will be, if not being the designation sequence belonging to the Masurao.
Perhaps it's a GN Tau powered design from the former AEU's developmental basis?
Or would it be that canceled Ahead derivative mentioned in the Susanowo's profile?

radioactive28
Creepy Bishonen

Post by radioactive28 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:53 am

T.V. wrote:Nice to see the Flag lineage confirmed for the Masurao/Susanowo.
I reckon the "Y" in GNX-Y901TW stands for "prototype", as per USAF custom, while the "W" indeed may indicate it being a "weaponized" prototype to be used for actual combat.

I'm interested to see if we'll see a mass produced variant popping up in 00V or perhaps even the movie.

With the GNX-600, -700, and -900 series being known, I wonder what the missing GNX-800 series is, or will be, if not being the designation sequence belonging to the Masurao.
Perhaps it's a GN Tau powered design from the former AEU's developmental basis?
Or would it be that canceled Ahead derivative mentioned in the Susanowo's profile?
I thought about the "Y = prototype" view as well, but in-universe, they haven't actually employed such a convention. The Throne Varanus was a prototype to the GN-X and it had GNX-509T as its designation. It might indicate a mixed lineage but I haven't noticed any evidence of that either.

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:09 pm

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9450 ... 563618.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5392 ... 314664.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4155 ... 377180.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4142 ... 439730.jpg

Posted by Lowegear from Animesuki.Scans are from the Mission Complete 2307-2312.Translation would be appreacited.

Alot of possibly interesting stuff here,including Trans-Am Burst and Celestial Being.But I'm also interested in the diagram that depicts "3-accompanied with Dynames and 4-accompanied with Cherudim"........the generational debate solved?

[EDIT]

Some people from Animesuki has confirmed the word accompanying the Dynames and Cherudim diagrams mean generation;so I guess the debate is sort of solved unless objections arise with the translations of it.

Whew,that took a LONG time.

radioactive28
Creepy Bishonen

Post by radioactive28 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:55 am

SonicSP wrote:http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9450 ... 563618.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5392 ... 314664.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4155 ... 377180.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4142 ... 439730.jpg

Posted by Lowegear from Animesuki.Scans are from the Mission Complete 2307-2312.Translation would be appreacited.

Alot of possibly interesting stuff here,including Trans-Am Burst and Celestial Being.But I'm also interested in the diagram that depicts "3-accompanied with Dynames and 4-accompanied with Cherudim"........the generational debate solved?

[EDIT]

Some people from Animesuki has confirmed the word accompanying the Dynames and Cherudim diagrams mean generation;so I guess the debate is sort of solved unless objections arise with the translations of it.

Whew,that took a LONG time.
Yep, the diagrams compares the 3rd- and 4th-gen. Gundams. It's the only part that got my attention, with the mech line-arts among all those tiny words :D
It mainly talks about the changes in design concepts, such as changing the positions of the GN Drives, and moving away from mass customisation to really optimise each machine (I think).

Aegis
Retconned MSV Ace

Post by Aegis » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:26 am

Took them a while to flat out state that, though. Unless something else comes along to contradict that, the generational debate should be settled.

BioRanger
Mecha Flunky

Post by BioRanger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:06 am

Maybe the "Y" in Susanowo's number is a reference to the symbol of Union's flag? I mean, Billy has included this symbol on the back of Susanowo, so it would be a good explanation of this "Y".

Kenji
Traitor Villain

Post by Kenji » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:48 pm

I recall that there was an Ahead-based machine being constructed in the background of Mr. Bushido's demand for the "strongest sword" from Billy. I always wondered what happened to that model, but if it was the original design for the Masurao, that'd explain it.

It'd also explain how the Ahead apparently "resembled a Gundam too much" and had to be redesigned from a Tieren base... I suppose GN technology, with the core of capabilities being the drive and its appendages, allow such radical frame shifts to be possible and mostly inconsequential to final performance.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Kenji wrote:It'd also explain how the Ahead apparently "resembled a Gundam too much" and had to be redesigned from a Tieren base... I suppose GN technology, with the core of capabilities being the drive and its appendages, allow such radical frame shifts to be possible and mostly inconsequential to final performance.
With the exception so far being the Masurou/Susanowo,the GN-X and the Alvaron(nothing has been said about this one,but it could be covered as well like the Ahead),all GN suits seemed to require a Gundam look-alike for their functions,probably because things like the Clevical Antena's are important for GN Particle control and yet they're also Gundam sysmbols,because GN technology originaly came from the Gundams.The Ahead,the GNZ series,the Regnant and even Reborns[Which can turn into a Gundam] have Gundam designs underneath,they're just hidden because of the negative relation to Gundams.

As for the Ahead's relation with the Tieren,there is a real life connection to them since they're from the same designer but there is not much evidence to say that the Ahead is a successor of the Tieren but considering that the the Federation adopted the HRL's mechanical practices according the the Mechanics Dx magazine;but it's not farfetched to say that they could have used a Tieren as a base designed,though they're gonna have to go through alot,because the Aheads ended up looking alot like Tierens but they're Gundam origins may suggest that they're alot thinner though the Tierens were.

Regardless,the Ahead is pretty fast for a suit that bulky especially when piloted by Ginin in S201,though by anybody else they look alot weaker,I guess the pilot makes the difference.

Meteoid
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by Meteoid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:25 am

Do I see lineart for Tieria's shower there? Of all the random things to include

Anywho I always wondered why they bothered covering over the Ahead's central condenser. They didn't for the GN-X III and the new Gundams didn't have them anyway. Plus people didn't know what the Gundams all looked like, all the civilians got was the news footage that they were allowed to see by the Governments and I don't think that the central condenser was what grabbed their attention, what with all the pixie dust streaming out of the back

Another question, waaaayyy back in Se1 Ep1 when Virtue flies in front of the tower it's GN Particles knock out the display on phones and the big screen that the HRL guys were looking at, but later in the series it's only radar and comms that are affected, people's viewscreens stayed on and were just peachy.

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:34 am

Meteoid wrote:
Do I see lineart for Tieria's shower there? Of all the random things to include

Anywho I always wondered why they bothered covering over the Ahead's central condenser. They didn't for the GN-X III and the new Gundams didn't have them anyway. Plus people didn't know what the Gundams all looked like, all the civilians got was the news footage that they were allowed to see by the Governments and I don't think that the central condenser was what grabbed their attention, what with all the pixie dust streaming out of the back

Another question, waaaayyy back in Se1 Ep1 when Virtue flies in front of the tower it's GN Particles knock out the display on phones and the big screen that the HRL guys were looking at, but later in the series it's only radar and comms that are affected, people's viewscreens stayed on and were just peachy.
I remember the HG Ahead manual mentioned that the Ahead looked more Gundam than the GN-X itself,and the GN-X was designed four years ago when they wanted to fight the Gundams for real with GN Tech for the first time,appearences were less important.I think the GN-X III retains this because redesigning the suit on a massive scale would mean that they probably have to redesign alot more of the systems too,so they just left the tried and true formula there.And besides the central Condenser was not that big of a deal,not alone anyway.It's probably not just Condensers,but the Clevical Antennas as well,which is needed for Particle Control.The Ahead's higher performance may require a more Gundam-like look than the GN-X would allow so to make it look less Gundam like they covered it with armor.

There's also a question on whether the Ahead had an obvious central Condenser to speak off,though that's possible.They could have used the same principle as the Gen IV Gundams.It's not just the Condensers too,but the V-Fins,the appendages,the cones[Though they kept that] and probably the colours.

Oh and the Gundams are well known.The news footages have clear pictures of them and not to forget they were release before the info was tightened further over the Net.IT's a well known symbol and possibly negative,if it was not practical they probably would have used it; performence>symbolism.But since they found a way to have very good performence and still cover it up,why not just do it?[I assumed that they did,if not it would not be to their benefit to do so]

Besides,it may not be good for morale for the government or the army to be using a symbol that you hate,since the world united to defeat the evil force that is CB.The soldiers would not like it.

[As for S101]
If you're talking about the civilians at the party,only the screens on their handphones went blank,which isn't surprising if they're using radio to communicate,probably out of curiosity to the situation.Only radio and coms are suppose to be affected I guess.