Gundam Unicorn The Movie in 2010?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
T.V.

Gundam Unicorn The Movie in 2010?

Source:
SRW Hotnews
http://www.gundamuniverse.it/blog/

It appears like none other than Yoshiuki Tomino made the announcement at the "Cartoons on The bays 2009" event in Italy.
Tomino annuncia anche che nel 2010 dovrebbe uscire un film cinematografico tratto dal romanzo “Gundam Unicon”
A belated April Fool's joke or a genuine announcement related the Gundam's 30th Anniversary?
I'm sure an official statement from Sunrise corroberating this will come sooner or later if indeed true.
Genocide

Re: Gundam Unicorn The Movie in 2010?

You know, a few days ago I read somewhere that a surprise announcement was going to come with the release of the next volume of Unicorn, on April 25 if I'm not mistaken. It's supposed to be the biggest thing to happen to the series since its first announcement. Given the timing, I figured it was just an April fools prank and, considering the source wasn't exactly "official" by any means, I never gave it much thought.

Well, it still seems too good to be true if you ask me. And really, an OVA would be a more suitable medium for something like Unicorn.

Edit: If it does happen to be true, maybe we'll finally get some word on the SEED movie too. Three anticipated Gundam movies to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the franchise does seem fitting, if not a bit stupid for saturating the market. And it would certainly fall into the category of "no Gundam TV series" for the 30th anniversary.

Edit 2: Actually, I suppose the "big announcement" might be more official than I gave it credit for.
ZeonsSilverStar

Two Gundam movies in one year would be a big event if this is true but I agree with Genocide that Unicorn should be an OVA. But if it is made into some sort of animation I wonder if they'll be released together or seperately. As for any information on the SEED movie I guess now would be as good of time as any to say something about it.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Kenji

Interesting...

The moment I saw the topic title, I thought to myself, "Oh God, another fan wishlist..." but this looks more serious. If it wasn't for it being featured on these particular blogs, I'd dismiss it outright... but even that isn't really enough without further confirmation. Beyond that, I really don't know what to say.

I hope this is the case, but I won't be surprised if it isn't.

btw, love the avatar, ZSS :P
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
wielder

I don't know if the "big announcement" to come will change this, for the better, but right now...the Unicorn film news appears to be false or at least very questionable, according to the following:

"During his visit in Italy, Yoshiyuki Tomino did not announce that a Gundam Unicorn movie should be released in 2010. At least, not in public. We will bring you clarification about this whole uncertainty as soon as possible."

http://news.cosmic-era.com/?p=168&lang=en

Also, in the comments section of the other website:

"The whole news is a hoax from some bastard who mislead the webmaster of Gundam Universe Blog. Sorry for disturbance."

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2009 ... e-in-2010/
Soul Eater, the True Rune
ZeonsSilverStar

With this news I'm now lead to believe that the big announcement on the 25th will have something to do with a new model kit. I guess two movies in one year was asking too much but then again we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway to Kenji you know at first I was stuck between this pic and another featuring Ribbons in Amuro's Federation uniform.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
ShadowCell

Well, guess this thread's over now that this announcement turned out to be a hoax. A new thread can be made if/when the announcement turns out to be true.