RGM-88X Jeddah

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Athrun Zala

RGM-88X Jeddah

The only thing i know about this is that Amuro pilots it in Char's Counter Attack - Hi-Streamer but when how does it fit into the timeline during this war
Athrun Zala The Next Red Comet
J-Lead

It doesn't, really. High streamer is, for the most part, just another alternate retelling of CCA, so it's non-canon.
mcred23

From what I understand, it's basically a prototype for the RGM-89 Jegan, and Hi-Streamer is the version of CCA that's close to the movie version of events, so I think the Jeddah could still be worked into the timeline in some small way.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
AmuroNT1

I heard the same thing that Red did, along with the fact that the Jeddah was ultimately deemed unsuitable for mass production due to inferior armor.

I've also heard that the Jeddah that survived were converted into the RGM-90 Jegan Heavy Armor Types, but I wouldn't go spreading that around until more solid confirmation can be found.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

As mcred says, the "High Streamer" novels are basically just an extended version of the Char's Counterattack movie, rather than a wacky alternate universe like the "Beltorchika's Children" novel. As such, they're pretty compatible with the anime version.

In High Streamer, the Jedda is the standard machine used by the Londo Bell pilots before they receive a bunch of Jegans and the Re-GZ. The fact that Amuro was flying a machine that's inferior to the Jegan just goes to show how underequipped Londo Bell was before Char reappeared!

Articles in older issues of B-CLUB magazine provide some more explanation of how the Jedda and Jegan relate to each other. First, six units of the RGM-88X Jedda were produced as prototypes, and some of these ended up being assigned to Londo Bell. Once production of the Jegan began, the Jedda was also placed into production in order to shore up the overall numbers. Now redesignated as the RGM-90 and classified as a ground combat machine, this new version of the Jedda was deployed to major bases on Earth. Finally, the Jegan production lines were used to produce a high-performance model known as the RGM-91S, with improved main engines and reinforced armor (including some Gundarium sections).

According to B-CLUB, the total production runs of these machines amounted to six RGM-88X units, about forty RGM-90 units, twenty RGM-91S units, and about eighty RGM-89 Jegans. Obviously production of the Jegan continued thereafter, and there ended up being way more than just eighty of these machines!

-- Mark
The Big Zabowski

Are there any known images of the RGM-91S or the standard RGM-91 (if there was a unit)

And to add to the CCA time line questions, Hathaway's Flash IS Canon, correct? (memory's fuzzy) If so, has it been explained where the Federal Gera Doga look alike (EDIT: FD-02 Gustav Karl) comes into play as an MP unit?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

The Big Zabowski wrote:Are there any known images of the RGM-91S or the standard RGM-91 (if there was a unit)

And to add to the CCA time line questions, Hathaway's Flash IS Canon, correct? (memory's fuzzy) If so, has it been explained where the Federal Gera Doga look alike (EDIT: FD-02 Gustav Karl) comes into play as an MP unit?
No, it's not. The plot line of HF assumes that the events of Beltorchika's Children took place instead of the movie and we know that BC is not canon, thus neither is Hataway's Flash.
Sorry.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

Well, if it matters, here's a pic of the Jeddah I found ages ago.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... /Jedda.gif
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
mcred23

toysdream wrote:Once production of the Jegan began, the Jedda was also placed into production in order to shore up the overall numbers. Now redesignated as the RGM-90 and classified as a ground combat machine, this new version of the Jedda was deployed to major bases on Earth.
So the RGM-88X and the RGM-90 are the same thing?

Also, is this the same RGM-90 from CCA-MSV, which was the Jegan Heavy Armor, or is this just another case of two different machines with the same model number?

Deus EpS Machina

mcred23 wrote:
toysdream wrote:Once production of the Jegan began, the Jedda was also placed into production in order to shore up the overall numbers. Now redesignated as the RGM-90 and classified as a ground combat machine, this new version of the Jedda was deployed to major bases on Earth.
So the RGM-88X and the RGM-90 are the same thing?

Also, is this the same RGM-90 from CCA-MSV, which was the Jegan Heavy Armor, or is this just another case of two different machines with the same model number?
I think that the RGM-90 Heavy Armour type is the same as the redesignated RGM-88X Jeddah. The story sorta does add up with the Jeddah's lack of armour. Not to mention i think that if its an inferior model to the Jegan, it wouldnt make sense of having a model number that hinted at it being the next step up, especially so soon in the development chain. Plus, i think the "new Version" of the Jeddah sorta hints that way too.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Phantomexe87

toysdream wrote: Articles in older issues of B-CLUB magazine provide some more explanation of how the Jedda and Jegan relate to each other. First, six units of the RGM-88X Jedda were produced as prototypes, and some of these ended up being assigned to Londo Bell. Once production of the Jegan began, the Jedda was also placed into production in order to shore up the overall numbers. Now redesignated as the RGM-90 and classified as a ground combat machine, this new version of the Jedda was deployed to major bases on Earth. Finally, the Jegan production lines were used to produce a high-performance model known as the RGM-91S, with improved main engines and reinforced armor (including some Gundarium sections).
-- Mark
Why would they need new Ground force machines? I mean, what was the motivation? For the possible invader? The GM III was still holding up fine, and there wouldn't be a force/faction capable of invading Earth for another 30 years.
Kuruni

Phantomexe87 wrote:and there wouldn't be a force/faction capable of invading Earth for another 30 years.
Problem is, how would you know there won't be (in-universe context).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Phantomexe87

Well... I guess that's true, but usually there are obvious signs, like the invasians can be seen coming a long ways away, like with the Zeon.
mcred23

Phantomexe87 wrote:Well... I guess that's true, but usually there are obvious signs, like the invasians can be seen coming a long ways away, like with the Zeon.
Not always, and you won't always have enough time to totally refit your military to a new machine (And other things that go along with a new MS, such as train people to use it, issue out parts and things for the new unit, etc etc etc etc). That said, it makes sense to upgrade their ground MS (Like the space ones) every few years to make use of new technologies/make the machines (somewhat) better.

toysdream

Deus EpS Machina wrote:I think that the RGM-90 Heavy Armour type is the same as the redesignated RGM-88X Jeddah.
The Heavy Armor Type which appears in the kit manuals is listed as the RGC-90, not the RGM-90. Still, it could easily be a variant of the mass-produced Jedda, especially since both machines are used mainly on Earth.

-- Mark
razgriz

doesnt look too dramatically different from the jegan. although if i were amuro i would personally prefer to use the regz, if the nu isnt available yet.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Deus EpS Machina

razgriz wrote:doesnt look too dramatically different from the jegan. although if i were amuro i would personally prefer to use the regz, if the nu isnt available yet.
The Jeddah was around before the Re-GZ and Nu so obviously he'd have had no choice.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
razgriz

oh well, amuro in any ms is like will smith in men in black, he "makes it look good" 8)
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!