Super Robot Wars Eternity! A fanmade game.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Tachi

Super Robot Wars Eternity! A fanmade game.

Hello everyone, I recently found out about this community and thought I'd post here.

I'm part of a fan project to create an SRW with a huge list of some of our favorite shows. If you're a frequent visitor on 4chan's /m/, then you'll probably have seen some of my threads there and heard about us.

Information about us can be found on our website here.

Some things about the project

We chose a huge list of series, some have been and some haven't been in an SRW, and we're trying to create a general storyline that can incorporate all of them and allow you to toy around with some of your favorite characters. Since we've got such a huge list, we've decided to split the game into three different parts. Think of what we're doing as if Banpresto gave you the entire cast list of the Alpha Series before they released Alpha 1.

Things of note:

1. We're creating a platoon system, to enable you to use as many favorites as you want. To supplement this we''re developing a system that allows you to launch as many platoons as you want with the enemies scaling to match your force.

2. We've incorporated some shows that have "no storyline". These shows will be either mixed into other storylines, or be available for our bazaar system.

3. We're making all the originals from the previous SRW games available, upon completion of the game. As well as a "customize your own mech" system that's also unlocked upon completing the game.

With that, I'll post the cast list for the first chapter of Eternity, which I refer to commonly as E1.

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: The Blue Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: From Place Beyond the Blaze
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love
Macross Plus
GaoGaiGar
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Martian Successor Nadesico
Aim For The Top: Gunbuster
Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion
Mazinkaiser
Shin Getter: Armageddon
UFO Robo Grendizer
Shinkon Gattai Godannar
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mobile Police Patlabor
Zone of the Enders

Feel free to ask any questions, make suggestions, or even offer to help out as we always need people whether it's a coder, a sprite artist, or even someone who's good at making music. If you don't want to post here, then feel free to send me an e-mail on [email protected]

(Moderators: If I'm posting in the wrong section, feel free to move/delete my post. I apologize for any inconveniences in advance.)
Tachi

Re: Super Robot Wars Eternity! A fanmade game.

Don't mean to double post, or bump the thread, but I'd like to direct some attention to a bit of a contest we're having for the game.

We're letting people who are interested in our project submit their own Armored Core designs from AC4 or AC4A, and the winner will get to see their AC being used in the game, as well as some other benefits. You can find more details on our forum about this, and the link to that is in the first post.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize for any inconvenience this double post is. I don't mean anything by it, I just would like to mention this here and see if we can get more fan-content going.
Tachi

Triple posting, I know, but bear with me.

The reason I made this topic in the first place was to get some feedback from the people here on Mechatalk. Is there nothing people want to say, or add? Or is our project just that uninteresting?

Feel free to post your comments, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.
Red Comet90

The project sounds great but has any progress on the game or story been made? I know its a fan based project so something like this would be extremely time consuming. Anyways the list of shows is awesome. If this really works I'll have to give you and the other creators props for it. Good luck. :mrgreen:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

So far, we're progressing quite smoothly. We've got a lot of new sprites, our storyline is almost complete, and we're slowly developing our engine to become the first ever English based "anyone can make his own" SRW engine.

The basic plot involves a world where everyone knows about an incoming alien threat, but they're too into their own quarrels to stop and unite under a common flag. The storyline will involve the UC Calender as a backdrop, and will move from 0079 to 0083. Eventually we hope to reach Zeta, ZZ, and Char's Counterattack. We've also got something in store involving a post-apocalypse setting... or is it? How mysterious~

And I know what most people are going to say, once they see our cast list on the main website. "You've got so many series, how do you expect to handle them all?" Elementary, my dear sirs. We've split up the titles, accordingly, over three different chapters. The one we're currently working on is titled "Eternity 1", or E1 for short.

That's all I've got to say about the subject now, feel free to ask any questions or bug me with requests. I'm not the type to get too annoyed, so nothing is too big for me to handle.
Red Comet90

Sounds interesting. I'll keep watching as the progress continues. Sorry to keep asking but will the aliens use pre existing sprites from old SRW games or is it all made from scratch?

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

We intend to make it all from scratch.

It'll delay us, but the thing is that we want to make this entirely on our own. The only time we use sprites is for reference when making our own. Sometimes we use parts from pre-existing sprites to make difficult ones, but that's pretty much it.

I can post some of our newer sprites, if you'd like, but they're currently all of ally units.
Red Comet90

Sure I'd love to see some of the sprites and how they are coming along. This sounds really interesting. :mrgreen:

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

King Kittan
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54 ... sprite.gif

Wanzer BlizzaiL
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54 ... aLcopy.gif

EVA-02
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54 ... 02copy.gif

King Kittan
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54 ... ancopy.gif

GP-00
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54 ... 02copy.gif

Posting a random mix of some of our latest sprites. Feel free to critique them in any way you see fit. It's always great to hear what we did wrong/right. You can also find our sprites on our website/forum. If there's any unit people want to see in sprite form, then just ask and I'll see if I can comply.
Red Comet90

They are pretty sweet. The only one that looks a little off is the Wanzer from Front Mission. It looks too blocky other than that the others look great. They remind me of the pokemon sprites to some extent since they are so bright and don't look anything like the 3d ish stuff that is used in today's SRW games.

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

These are just initial sprites, for the most part, they're mostly rough drafts that need to be reworked. Currently, we've got two sprite artists. The first being Sasori Zero who's been with us for a while, and the newest sprite artist is the person who did that Black Getter. You'll be seeing more of his work later on in the week. I'll post as he gets his stuff done.
Red Comet90

Awesome and if those are the rough drafts then the finished product will look really good. I need to look these up on the site. I'm guessing the sprites will have some kind of motion in SRW style right?

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

Yeah, we've currently got a main animator working with us. We haven't started anything yet, but I'll get back to you when we get something going.

Some of the sprites on the site are just initial sprites, and some are merely placeholders using sprites from Banpresto's SRWs. If there's anything that you have a problem with, apperance wise, then feel free to post here about it and tell me what you'd like to see done different.
Red Comet90

I'm looking through the forums on the project website and I can't find the link for all of the sprites. Help please. :lol:

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

Go to the main page, click on projects and it'll lead you here

http://www.sasorizerolabs.com/sasorizer ... oject1.htm

You'll see our complete series list, and each link takes you to the related page with related sprites. It's not complete yet, as we're slowly working our way through the series and updating as time permits.
Red Comet90

Thanks I just started looking at them right now so I went to Code Geass. The gurren needs some help, but I'm sure that will be fixed up since the King Gitan looks so good. It just needs some added detail and less jagged edges.

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

Keep checking, sign up to the forums sine we're trying to shift to posting updates and announcements there more often. We also hope to have a couple of contests that involve simple things, like our current AC contest which involves just posting the parts list from your current AC game.

We hope to have better sprites, fully animated and ready for action, soon enough for everyone to see.
Red Comet90

I wish I knew something about AC but I don't know anything so I don't even know what to submit for the contest. One last suggestion that you might want to look into so people from the site look into the game: post a similar topic to this one in the advertisements section if you haven't already. I'll be watching this project as it continues. :mrgreen:

-- Haman Karn
Tachi

Will do. I'll take my updates there, then. Make sure to check it out, as I've got some new sprites, and an animated one.
Tachi

TECHNICAL UPDATE AND IMPORTANT NEWS!

If you've been keeping up with our other posts on the multiple forums out there, but mostly our posts on /m/, then you'd realize that SRW Eternity has not only found a programmer, but will be debuting a demo stage next week!

Due to heavy demand, we'll be releasing our Female Real's stages first. Our Female Real, Elsa, is a Zeon test pilot and her storyline focuses on her life with Zeon during the One Year War. More news on this, soon!