Roy Jung and the Guntank R-44

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
VoidKing02

Roy Jung and the Guntank R-44

Who is exactly Roy Jung, the civilian curator of Frontier IV's museum seen in F91?
I mean, i always had questions on this character who died less than 10 min after its introduction in the movie.
Is he a former high ranking officer, or at least senior in the Federation Forces, a veteran or something like that?
The fact that he had the Guntank R-44 (acquired from Anaheim in a bid), knew how to operate it, and that the Federation soldiers were tasked to secure his extraction questioned me.
I read on the Gundam wiki (yeah the accuracy is not always there but still) that he appeared in the manga Mobile Suit Gundam - Day after Tomorrow: Kai Shiden´s Memory but not others informations were found.
Does anyone knows something or have at least theories about his previous occupations?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Roy Jung and the Guntank R-44

VoidKing02 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:22 pm Who is exactly Roy Jung, the civilian curator of Frontier IV's museum seen in F91?
Exactly who he appears to be... the eccentric civilian director of Frontier IV's Roy War Museum.

That's it. That's all there is.

The Official Gundam Fact File mentions that there is a rumor that he was a Federal Forces veteran, but also mentions it is unlikely that this rumor is true because the soldiers in Frontier IV mockingly refer to Roy Jung as "the General" in reference to his military otaku tendencies. He's just a crazy old man with a massive boner for anything and everything to do with military hardware. He doesn't have any formal training in Mobile Suit operation, he's got what you'd call a basic grasp of how to drive a MS but nothing beyond what it'd take to move a MS into or out of his collection. It's also noted he and his curators aren't really qualified to maintain their Mobile Suits, which is why his Guntank is in such bad shape.

(His museum apparently makes a fair amount of its money loaning items from its collection out to events and other museums, which is what he was doing in Kai Shiden's Memory.)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...