What's Next for Gundam Anime?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
bhayes82

What's Next for Gundam Anime?

Post by bhayes82 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Just thought i would throw this out there.

What is happening behind the scenes? Does anybody have info? We are all waiting to see when the Hathaway trilogy will be released.

but what's next???

A new U.C. show? a Gundam origin continuation/0079 remake? A new Alternative Universe timeline show?

i think i remember the producer of Hathaway stating that there is a Reconguista in G movie adaptation coming?

Build Divers (which is a series i don't like) has ended i Believe. do they plan to do more with that?

i mean how is Japan and the animation houses/manga industry adapting to the Covid-19 pandemic?

is everything literally on PAUSE in Japan?

Omega

Re: What's Next for Gundam Anime?

Post by Omega » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:18 pm

The only thing on the immediate approach is a Battlogue based on Build Divers. And no one here magically knows what's going on, beyond the Hathaway's Flash trilogy being the only other thing confirmed.

bhayes82

Post by bhayes82 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:15 pm

what is a battelogue? is that like a compilation movie?

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:04 pm

*Battlogue* was a mini-series of short episodes that were produced for GBF/T to, essentially, plug new model kits.
GBD is getting something similar.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Kyuzo Aoi

Post by Kyuzo Aoi » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 pm

I prefer a new Gundam AU, preferably either Gundam Burai or a new AU altogether.
I am a Gundam!

bhayes82

Post by bhayes82 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 pm

Well, when i read this news. i felt intrigued.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/ ... rst-gundam

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/new-mo ... -yasuhiko/

I'm honestly tired of Gundam AU's - they've honestly really done every kind of AU imaginable at this point. it's getting played out now.

G, Wing, SEED, AGE, IBO, Reconguista in G, Double 0, Turn A, X

and now we've had the Build FIghers / Build Divers concept which is kinda like their pokemon-ish take on Gundam and a tribute to all Gundam shows all in one for the little kiddies.

I'm glad they're going back and making animated adaptations of the popular U.C. based mangas. it's a brilliant idea.

Hathaway will be a 'great' groundbreaking trilogy that will recapture the essence of char's counterattack and F91. but what next after that?

after watching the G40 special. image a Gundam remake/origin continuation with that CGI-cel style of animation used for the G40 for the mecha combat animation but the character design and art style used from the origin OVA. now that would be interesting. i think after the pandemic is over and the Hathaway trilogy has run its course, i think going back to the beginning and giving things a fresh take would be interesting.

and with the actual walking Gundam machine they've built in Japan. it will be a great way to re-boot the franchise for today's audience.

origin was amazing because its a 'modern' day take on the 0079 characters. i don't see why the shoud'n't keep running with that

and seeing that Mazinger Z: Infinity (2017) made me go "why can't they do this with a Gundam 0079 remake.."

DragoMaster009

Post by DragoMaster009 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:11 am

Trying it again with F91? Thanks to all the anime, manga, video games, light novels, etc. I doubt they can squeeze in one more installment of Gundam in the MSG to Unicorn range of events. And honestly, the post UC 100 years are looking a little barren with only 3 different names to its claim (Formula, Crossbone, and Victory).

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:37 am

...Without Koji Tsujitani, revisit F91 can be awkward.

Personally, MS Girl Note anime would be interesting. And before anyone scream, it does feature some pretty cool mechanic designs.
My girlfriend was a loli.

MythSearcher

Post by MythSearcher » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:59 am

Kuruni wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:37 am

Personally, MS Girl Note anime would be interesting. And before anyone scream, it does feature some pretty cool mechanic designs.
Objection!
Not just some, MOST of the mechanic parts are pretty cool in this series.
Mika Akitaka still got his skills, just that the girl part is slowly falling out of the trending style.(especially it seems like he is struggling to catch up to the trend)

tHeWasTeDYouTh

Post by tHeWasTeDYouTh » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:58 am

Kuruni wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:37 am
...Without Koji Tsujitani, revisit F91 can be awkward.

Kōji Tsujitani Genocyber (1994), Ryuu

That man was a legend.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!