The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk-V

Blazer-X wrote:Just watched episode. A bit late to the party, but here goes:

I think this is practically the first and only time we've had a proper rival build-up in Try so far. Minato has been built up since the beginning of the series and it really pays off here. We know his motivations, we know his personality, we know why he fights how he does. For a character who is all about building, he is actually quite competent of a fighter. And we really got to see him fight without wasting time on backstory like the rest of the "monster of the week". Now THAT's how you write a good character.

I find it interesting that Yuuma seems to get the only rivals that have any semblance of build up. Both Adou and Minato has their presence felt early on in the series. People were complaining earlier than Yuuma's character was bland, but it looks like he has the most interesting of rivals.
But then there was that somewhat minor ho-yay which got turned up ten-fold this episode. But yeah, no waste of time, woo.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Ziryab

Aw yeah~!!

Now this more of what kept me with this series and it's predecessor. Some very adept writing and pacing in this one. Even while they were shuffling Lucas and Gunpla Academy off the stage the writing gave you the feeling that there was more accomplished character development than we actual got since either party first appeared in the show.

This was a damn fine end to Minato's rivalry arc with Yuuma. This was the sort of payoff I was hoping for with the SekaixAkira rivalry that fizzled for me. Here's hoping Minato will stick around and that Yuuma's catharsis once he faces off against Saga will be satisfying.

The Gainax animation moments, super robot homages (including the recycled scenes), yelling, and hot-bloodedness gave me a good :lol: throughout the ep. *wipes tear away*
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Blazer-X

gunform1010 wrote: But then there was that somewhat minor ho-yay which got turned up ten-fold this episode. But yeah, no waste of time, woo.
To be fair, I think Minato was always depicted as being somewhat obsessed with Yuuma. If the elevator scene was any indication.
gunform1010

Blazer-X wrote:
gunform1010 wrote: But then there was that somewhat minor ho-yay which got turned up ten-fold this episode. But yeah, no waste of time, woo.
To be fair, I think Minato was always depicted as being somewhat obsessed with Yuuma. If the elevator scene was any indication.
Hence why I said minor. Noticeable and weird at that, but nothing like "this is totally yaoi subtext". The glasses thing was weird but nothing screaming "admit you have a man-crush on him already".

Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I got a little misty eyed this episode...I haven't felt that way about Gundam Build Fighters since episode 15 of the previous season...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
YokozunaBulldozer

gunform1010 wrote:
Blazer-X wrote:
Hence why I said minor. Noticeable and weird at that, but nothing like "this is totally yaoi subtext". The glasses thing was weird but nothing screaming "admit you have a man-crush on him already".
Felt like a Cable and Deadpool relationship at times and other times a Wolverine and Sabertooth relationship.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Outlaw

Fun episode, but like some I was annoyed by the low particle supply moment at the end. I don't mind it in and of itself but the fact that we've had 40+ eps of BF and Try to world build and establish mechanics and they only bring it up now. Especially egregious because Sakai already had the running down the clock excuse.

I've been thinking, if they do decide to do another BF series I think they should go with an anthology like approach for the first few episodes, then bring together the characters and go ensemble from there. Keeps the plot brisk, allows for plenty of Gunpla to bilk, and importantly adds a lot more tension to the battles since you can no longer say X is the main character so we know they'll win.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
DoubleZero

Lord Dearche wrote:
But I do have to question how it could spend 70% of the fight utterly obliterating everything and then get nearly destroyed from a single attack.
Because plot. That's the only reason. Their attacks were useless 90% of the time but now Yuuma's lone attacks can easily take it out with no resistance? Relistically Tryon 3 should have won.
Well, it's not like Tryon 3 tried to swordblock a beam blast that nuked the entire city.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Mythgarr

LET'S! TRY! ON!

SORA TRYON! *squaws*
UMI TRYON! *flaps*
RIKU TRYON! *roars*

*combine*

TRYYYYYOOOON THREEEEEEEEEEE!

*STANDS HANDSOMELY AND UBER-MANLY*

Now that's a proper Super Robot Introduction for you!

It's interesting that people has been saying that ZZ is a super robot, not real robot, and here's the creators of the series take that idea and empower it tenfolds!

And that huge Hyper Plavsky CHOHOKEN sword! From this on forward, all of Gunpla Ningyo's masters must build a gunpla with a ridiculously huge sword at least once in their careers!
Visit The Dreams
YokozunaBulldozer

Mythgarr wrote:LET'S! TRY! ON!

SORA TRYON! *squaws*
UMI TRYON! *flaps*
RIKU TRYON! *roars*

*combine*

TRYYYYYOOOON THREEEEEEEEEEE!

*STANDS HANDSOMELY AND UBER-MANLY*

Now that's a proper Super Robot Introduction for you!

It's interesting that people has been saying that ZZ is a super robot, not real robot, and here's the creators of the series take that idea and empower it tenfolds!

And that huge Hyper Plavsky CHOHOKEN sword! From this on forward, all of Gunpla Ningyo's masters must build a gunpla with a ridiculously huge sword at least once in their careers!
Or maybe somewhere along the way, a toy hammer of epic proportions. :mrgreen:
YokozunaBulldozer

So this is a thing not too long after a Tryon3 ep: http://www.gundam-try.com/mission/mission-0083.html

Like all super robots do, Tryon3 got a Paint-it-black custom job variant called Koukoku Kidou TryonIII(Read as drei, the German word for 3.) Koukoku Kidou translates literally to Shining Black Mobile.
I hope this makes it somehow on TV in the final ep as a cameo at least or in the supposed 3rd season.
What cracks me up is that in the bio for this is says 'Evil Titans scientists' created it. :mrgreen:
Ziryab

gunform1010 wrote:
Blazer-X wrote:
Well they do make a joke out of it when Fumina says "kabe-don" when Minato corners Yuuma against a wall. So there's your yaoi subtext! :lol:
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
gunform1010

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:So this is a thing not too long after a Tryon3 ep: http://www.gundam-try.com/mission/mission-0083.html

Like all super robots do, Tryon3 got a Paint-it-black custom job variant called Koukoku Kidou TryonIII(Read as drei, the German word for 3.) Koukoku Kidou translates literally to Shining Black Mobile.
I hope this makes it somehow on TV in the final ep as a cameo at least or in the supposed 3rd season.
What cracks me up is that in the bio for this is says 'Evil Titans scientists' created it. :mrgreen:
So the Titans have an OP imagination too.

Strike Zero

Ziryab wrote:Well they do make a joke out of it when Fumina says "kabe-don" when Minato corners Yuuma against a wall. So there's your yaoi subtext! :lol:
Partially related, but for me, the best part of that scene was how as he exits, you hear Minato make a noise and see him flexing his hand. I guess he hit the wall a little too hard. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:
Ziryab wrote:Well they do make a joke out of it when Fumina says "kabe-don" when Minato corners Yuuma against a wall. So there's your yaoi subtext! :lol:
Partially related, but for me, the best part of that scene was how as he exits, you hear Minato make a noise and see him flexing his hand. I guess he hit the wall a little too hard. :lol:
That part was gold. Subtle, but gold.

AmuroNT1

If you look close you can see his palm has a red "pain" glow to it, as well.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
battletech

This
Blazer-X wrote:I find it interesting that Yuuma seems to get the only rivals that have any semblance of build up. Both Adou and Minato has their presence felt early on in the series. People were complaining earlier than Yuuma's character was bland, but it looks like he has the most interesting of rivals.

and this
Outlaw wrote:I've been thinking, if they do decide to do another BF series I think they should go with an anthology like approach for the first few episodes, then bring together the characters and go ensemble from there. Keeps the plot brisk, allows for plenty of Gunpla to bilk, and importantly adds a lot more tension to the battles since you can no longer say X is the main character so we know they'll win.
gave me an idea.
New Gundam Build Fighters called Build Fighters Rivals. Now on this it's back to one on one battles no teams. It stars Yuuma and Minato. They have to build and fight to win to be the fighter for a backer in the world tournament. Say Iori's Gunpla shop. After each battle they have to come up with a new Gunpla to fight with. The one to win the most matches gets to represent this backer in the world tournament. Just a crazy thought I came up with. I hardly ever have complicated ideas for a story. Please go easy on me if this is a stupid idea.

P.S. Oh just thought of it. This would only work if one of them moved out of Japan to win the nationals somewhere else.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Mythgarr

Ah, I would be glad if we can have Gundam Build Fighters The International, with returns of the Italian Dandy (complete with revamped Fenice) and the Renato Brothers (now actually generals of Brazil armed force :P)
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

Call back to previous episode, I finally realized what was missing...
Spoiler
Lucas definitely should stuff a meat bun or two in his mouth while has reminiscence on Aila :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
gunform1010

Kuruni wrote:Call back to previous episode, I finally realized what was missing...
Spoiler
Lucas definitely should stuff a meat bun or two in his mouth while has reminiscence on Aila :mrgreen:
NO.

MR AND MISS MEATBUN'S PROPERTY ONLY