The little Evangelion 3.33 thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
teslashark

The little Evangelion 3.33 thread

Feel free to merge the thread, though I think the existing one is about trailers...
Spoiler
The thing that cannot be "Redone" in the title means 3rd impact. Shinji already destroyed civilization again by overriding his EVA. Another 14 years has passed, Earth has become living hell, as LCL entities created by the impact wanders the earth and humans (mostly army remnants) fight each other. Shinji is cyro frozen. Rei and Kaoru probably is frozen too, as there's a new Rei. Other people all age realistically.
Last edited by teslashark on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Overlord Zaru

Re: Evangelion 3.0, major spoiler

What of Asuka and Mari?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
teslashark

Overlord Zaru wrote:What of Asuka and Mari?
I think Asuka wants to be Shinji's mom. Don't know much about Mari.
DuelGundam2099

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... 3&start=40

I'm more interested about the 12th angel that got almost zero mention by Evageeks or the 4chan boards.
teslashark

DuelGundam2099 wrote:http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... 3&start=40

I'm more interested about the 12th angel that got almost zero mention by Evageeks or the 4chan boards.
I got this info from a guy relaying with his iPhone fraom a cinema in Japan, there should be more info in a few hours.
teslashark

Official names for the EVAs:
Red=02', pronounced "02 Dash"
Pink=08
Yellow=09
Purple=13, though possibly pronounced "1 and 3"
DuelGundam2099

Makes me wonder why they skipped 07.
ShadowCell

posts deleted.
Mecha Talk Rules wrote:2. No posting of links or discussion of illegal media is allowed on the forums. This includes fansubs, mp3s, ROMs, manga scanlations, bootlegs and related downloads. If this isn't clear enough to you, that means DO NOT post BitTorrent links, YouTube fansub links, etc of any of the media listed above. Posting of links to official media is permitted.
carry on.
schwarz ritter

teslashark wrote:
Spoiler
The thing that cannot be "Redone" in the title means 3rd impact. Shinji already destroyed civilization again by overriding his EVA. Another 14 years has passed, Earth has become living hell, as LCL entities created by the impact wanders the earth and humans (mostly army remnants) fight each other. Shinji is cyro frozen. Rei and Kaoru probably is frozen too, as there's a new Rei. Other people all age realistically.
Seems Anno's doing business as usual.

Still, the animation is top-notch, as expected from Gainax.

One thing I'm really hyped, though, is the Evas in space combat. Now that will be sexy to look at haha.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
DuelGundam2099

The battle with Kokabiel and 02 Gamma and 08 Beta (the names have gotten so stupid) is not that different from the fight between Kushiel and 05.
J-Lead

schwarz ritter wrote:Still, the animation is top-notch, as expected from Gainax.
I thought it was less Gainax and more Studio Khara. I dunno the details, but I know it's not just Gainax.
Spoiler
The whole thing about Asuka and Mari not aging a day because of Eva/LCL/whatever exposure is remarkably stupid. I can take some mild decelerated aging, but do they REALLY have to pander to ephebophiles with such a blatant lack of subtlety? Shinji and Rei have the excuse of having been tang for 14 years, but is an Asuka with the body of... I dunno, a 21 year old really that off-putting? If it's really that much of a problem, can't they just introduce new jailbait for otakus to get off to?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
schwarz ritter

J-Lead wrote:I thought it was less Gainax and more Studio Khara. I dunno the details, but I know it's not just Gainax.
Oops! You're right, just checked that and its all Studio Khara. According to wiki, Gainax is just collaborating. It doesn't elaborate more on how, but its Studio Khara 100%.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
SlowTurtle

Spoiler
Fourteen years have passed since Third Impact, yet the Angels continue their attacks against mankind. Shinji Ikari is salvaged from Evangelion Unit-01 and finds that things have changed, but not for the better: the world has been devastated, his former allies from NERV have become hostile toward him, and Rei Ayanami, the girl Shinji risked everything for, is nowhere to be found. As he attempts to adjust to this strange new world, Shinji befriends the enigmatic Kaworu Nagisa. Together in their search for Rei, the pair learns the terrible truths behind the Angels, NERV, and the Evangelions. But a faint glimmer of hope remains for the two boys: a single opportunity to undo the mistakes of the past. Now the remnants of mankind are after them, the Angels race to stop them, and their old friends have declared them public enemy number one. With only Kaworu to support him and all the world against him, Shinji must fight for his one chance for redemption. But that may well mean finishing what he started — the end of the world.
Don't know if this will help but here is some more info.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
schwarz ritter

SlowTurtle wrote:
Spoiler
Fourteen years have passed since Third Impact, yet the Angels continue their attacks against mankind. Shinji Ikari is salvaged from Evangelion Unit-01 and finds that things have changed, but not for the better: the world has been devastated, his former allies from NERV have become hostile toward him, and Rei Ayanami, the girl Shinji risked everything for, is nowhere to be found. As he attempts to adjust to this strange new world, Shinji befriends the enigmatic Kaworu Nagisa. Together in their search for Rei, the pair learns the terrible truths behind the Angels, NERV, and the Evangelions. But a faint glimmer of hope remains for the two boys: a single opportunity to undo the mistakes of the past. Now the remnants of mankind are after them, the Angels race to stop them, and their old friends have declared them public enemy number one. With only Kaworu to support him and all the world against him, Shinji must fight for his one chance for redemption. But that may well mean finishing what he started — the end of the world.
Don't know if this will help but here is some more info.

So Evangelion has become now TRULY post-Apocalyptic? Well, this is just getting better and better.
I really want to see what they do. I'm expecting the usual crazy shenanigans from Anno and his Gainax influences, even though he's working with Studio Khara. Heck, I'm expecting a cross between EoE and Diebuster ending. Or maybe he'll take the Gurren Lagann route and end it better.
Who knows.

One thing that bothers me a bit, though, is that, from what I just read, it seems that they somewhat scrapped anything they had foretold us during the trailer from the second movie. But again, this is Anno, so you never know :mrgreen:
Last edited by schwarz ritter on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulieYBM

GAINAX is not producing this film, Studio Khara is.
She/Her
schwarz ritter

^Noted and fixed by edition.

Bare with me: its basically a custom of mine to relate anything Evangelion with Gainax :sweatdrop:
teslashark

Is In God We Trust or Human Instrumentality Project licensed by Khara? I just heard this movie is something called a "legal spoof", like a doujin with approval.
Kenji

There's definitely a "doujin-ish" element to the new Eva movies, from the simplification of Asuka (to a mere tsundere, which I always considered her somewhat above) to catears suddenly being front-and-center, to Shinji x Rei, a grossly expanded Kaworu x Shinji subplot, less subtlety in general, etc.
Spoiler
A lot of it I can buy from time crunch, but then what's the deal with a timeskip and possible complication of the whole scenario? Do we really have adequate time for this? After all, You Can (Not) Advance ran by pretty fast and just barely missed feeling rushed (at the cost of rendering Touji and Kensuke so irrelevant they may as well be called "Shinji's Friend A" and "Shinji's Friend B").

So yeah, I can totally see the whole non-aging conceit being tailor-made for all the would-be Chars in the audience. And to think Evangelion was relatively mainstream, among all the anime that has slowly been getting creepier and creepier, over this decade, driving themselves into increasingly brutal, unforgiving market niches. Hell, it probably still counts as mainstream, even with all these... er... compromises.
Is there a real businessman in all of Japan? I'm really starting to wonder...

Also, there are problems with the conceit. If it's true, then why's Eva-02' still in such a sorry state? Its design just screams a quick-and-dirty repair job until more proper replacement parts can be procured. At the very least, you'd think they could get their hands on some red paint, after all this time...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
teslashark

Kenji wrote:There's definitely a "doujin-ish" element to the new Eva movies, from the simplification of Asuka (to a mere tsundere, which I always considered her somewhat above) to catears suddenly being front-and-center, to Shinji x Rei, a grossly expanded Kaworu x Shinji subplot, less subtlety in general, etc.
Spoiler
A lot of it I can buy from time crunch, but then what's the deal with a timeskip and possible complication of the whole scenario? Do we really have adequate time for this? After all, You Can (Not) Advance ran by pretty fast and just barely missed feeling rushed (at the cost of rendering Touji and Kensuke so irrelevant they may as well be called "Shinji's Friend A" and "Shinji's Friend B").

So yeah, I can totally see the whole non-aging conceit being tailor-made for all the would-be Chars in the audience. And to think Evangelion was relatively mainstream, among all the anime that has slowly been getting creepier and creepier, over this decade, driving themselves into increasingly brutal, unforgiving market niches. Hell, it probably still counts as mainstream, even with all these... er... compromises.
Is there a real businessman in all of Japan? I'm really starting to wonder...

Also, there are problems with the conceit. If it's true, then why's Eva-02' still in such a sorry state? Its design just screams a quick-and-dirty repair job until more proper replacement parts can be procured. At the very least, you'd think they could get their hands on some red paint, after all this time...
I'm wondering the same thing with your small print.
Maybe 02's new cyborg-like design is just meant to show how advanced is Wille's technology?
Gone Astray

Re: The little Evangelion 3.0 thread

I figured it was an attempt to show how Wille has a different design ethos from Nerv, what with the Beta and Gamma armors. It could also be an attempt to differentiate the movies from the series, since we don't really see the Evas regenerating from catastrophic injuries this time around--the Mark.09 can function just fine without its head, for instance.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"