Senki Zesshou Symphogear

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear

Ryujin wrote:I also have to wonder if SugitaDoc is working independently of everyone else. He may just have the same data as Maria's group due to involvement with the American project in the past.
Personally I think he might be another carrier of Fine's genes.
Ryujin wrote:From the flashback, I get the impression that
Spoiler
her dad was either a criminal, or criminally negligent.
I've seen at least 2 other anime (Kara no Kyoukai and Hell Girl) where the father caused a fatal accident that resulted in their family getting harrassed in a similar way.
Strike Zero wrote:Man, I'm a little divided right now. On one hand, the fight was great, especially that Swan Song screw punch (with special guest cameo by beast mode Hibiki)! On the other, the pacing this episode was all sorts of wonky. And, its supposed to be a secret that Tsubasa is a Symphogear user? How is that even possible? o_O It's not like they've been taking special care to keep a low profile, or anything! Her transformation doesn't even function as a disguise!
Well there was never a battle that took place in a hugely populated area like that. Besides, they have everyone who does witness it sign a non disclosure agreement.

Though I think knowing their pop idol was a super hero would only boost her career, not end it.

And I don't know what you mean by wonky pacing. I didn't notice any problems with it.
Strike Zero wrote:BTW, Miku better watch out, Chris is getting dangerously close to straight-up stealing her wife right from under her nose!
You say that like Miku doesn't have her claws in Chris too already.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Though I think knowing their pop idol was a super hero would only boost her career, not end it.
Now that you mention it, yeah, why the hell don't they just roll with that? "Here's Kazanari Tsubasa, she's super hot, super talented and she's protecting innocent people from the wrath of the noise." Booyah!

But anyway, the main issue I had with the pacing was that it took half the episode for the fighting to get started. I was hoping after last week's cliffhanger that they would get right into it -- instead we were treated to about eight minutes of people standing around talking while we waited for the stadium to empty and for everybody to show up, not to mention that weird aside with Kirika and Shirabe that to me felt out of place, given the situation.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:You say that like Miku doesn't have her claws in Chris too already.
Blasphemy! Miku is a monogamous devoted waifu! I'll not have anybody saying otherwise on my watch!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
schwarz ritter

Best show in the last two seasons.

Hibiki is one of the best MCs I've seen in a long time.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Ryujin

Intriguing developments all around.

Chris has really been stealing the show, though. Hopefully, her newfound circle of friends aren't just there to be sacrificed for some Sunrise-style 'character development.'
Destiny_Gundam

Episode 5... Well... dayum.
schwarz ritter

Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Ryujin

That was quite painful to watch, due to how suddenly it happened & her reactions & facial expressions afterwards.

The Nephilim even
Spoiler
took the time to CHEW.
schwarz ritter

Shows how good a character Hibiki is and how you can empathize with her. It's pretty bad to see her suffering.
Spoiler
But she'll go full Subaru and it will be awesome.
Strike Zero

Oww.

I suppose, as one might say, that Hibki is in need of a hand, now that she's been handily disarmed.

And, this coming right after that one tube-shaped noise used its jizz spray to immobilize Tsubasa and Chris. This show sure knows how to swing the mood.

I'm hoping that this results in Hibiki going full EVA-berserk mode and regrowing her lost arm with a deranged expression of glee on her face, as that would be freaking sweet.

Or, maybe they'll throw us a curve ball and actually have her go the rest of the show without her arm. That'd sure be something different. Who knows what will happen next?!
Destiny_Gundam

As expected
Spoiler
Hibiki goes berserk and regens her arm. Makes quick work of Nephilim and Ver runs away like a little bitch.

But not only is the moon gonna fall, Hibiki is either dying/turning into a non-human due to the Gugnir in her chest. We also learn her traumatic past has to do with the harrassment she recieved after surviving the Zwei Wing concert.
Ryujin

Asides from everything else, all those Doc Ver reactionface moments were priceless.
Strike Zero

BOUSOU DATTO?! :D

DAT BERSERBIKI!

DAT RIP AND TEAR!

DAT HENSHIN-PUNCH AT THE END!

AAAAAHHHHHH SUBS CANʻT COME SOON ENOUGH!
Destiny_Gundam

Uh, what a twist, I guess?
Spoiler
Maria isn't Fine's reincarnation, Kirika is. Kinda have to scratch my head as to why they'd hide that, but I guess we'll find out.
Strike Zero

On the plus side, this means that DMJii have finally become relevant to the plot! Omedetou!
Ryujin

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Uh, what a twist, I guess?
Spoiler
Maria isn't Fine's reincarnation, Kirika is. Kinda have to scratch my head as to why they'd hide that, but I guess we'll find out.
Suddenly, her
Spoiler
having no pantsu
in ep.04 makes sense! :lol:
Strike Zero

Spoiler
OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

SHIT. JUST. GOT. REAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL
Destiny_Gundam

I'm still waiting for my Kirika transformation scene.
Ryujin

That Genjuurou doing Drunken Master & Rocky training techniques while singing a Jacky Chan song with Hibiki.

TRAINING MONTAGE OF THE DECADE.
Ryujin

So, after watching the most recent episode, all I can say that's spoiler-free is....

WAIT, WAT, WHY, HUH?!?, WHUT THE....
Spoiler
There were some hints as to why she did it, though.
Strike Zero

BEST. EPISODE.
Spoiler
Who'lda thought that Miku would end up getting the most powerful Gear? With that thing, she could probably solo all of the Gear users at once if she wanted to. Of course, it was all thanks to chemically-induced mind control in the first place. I WILL BE SO HAPPY WHEN HIBIKI CAVES VER'S FACE IN.

And speaking of Hibiki, BY GOD was she awesome this episode! She's always awesome to some degree, but this time even more so than usual!

And speaking of being awesome, you know who managed to not be completely boring during the fight this time around? Kirika! Finally, she pulled off something impressive with that chain-anchor-rocket-guillotine-kick-thing! PLEASE keep it up, it's crazy stuff like that this show thrives on for goodness sake!

And speaking of crazy stuff, WHAT THE HELL, CHRIS? WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? NO, SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ENOUGH PEOPLE HAVE BEEN THROWING UP DEATH FLAGS LEFT AND RIGHT THESE PAST FEW EPISODES, THERE WAS NO NEED FOR YOU TO UP AND JOIN IN TOO! :shock: