The Official Identify this Show Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
hitokirigarou

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

^
Reminds me of Metal Skin Panic Madox-01.
Darkerangel

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but...

I don't remember, but I want to say it was an cartoon/animated back in the early 90's. Only thing that I remember is that it had two main characters. The first guy had blond hair and the second guy had black hair. They might have been pulled into medieval times and accidentally released these demons that were imprisoned inside some orbs. Don't remember the number of them. And thus their quest was in search of these demons and individually place them back inside their orb. Only other thing I remember was the strongest of the demons managed to collect the orbs with the now trapped demons and began channeling their powers into him.

No it wasn't D&D and no it wasn't DBGT.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Unit ZER0

Obscure Mecha Anime...

I've been searching on and off for a VERY hard-to-find title that I had once, but lost when my storage drive crashed.

The things I remember are listed below:

The intro was a live-action sequence using what I think is stop-motion. It depicts a very detailed model of the main mech being tested, fueled, and armed, and then sent out into battle

The story takes place in a large desert

The main character is a girl who rides a hoverbike, and stumbles across the mech by accident

The mech engages in battle with several opponents towards the end, and is apparently destroyed, yet speaks to the girl in the ending scene, implying that it survived, and can be repaired

Another thing is that there is a scene where the girl has the mech blast a hole in the ground, which she fills with water, and uses to bathe, and the mech turns his back.

I've been all over the web, and can't unearth a single clue, can you guys help me out?
ZER0
Destiny_Gundam

@Unit ZERO: Threads merged.

It's Dragon's Heaven, BTW.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Unit ZER0

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
It's Dragon's Heaven, BTW.
You have my eternal thanks.
ZER0
Shirke

I can't remember when this show aired and I only watched a few episodes, but this series was one of the first completely cgi animated shows I watched which had a big impact on me. The show also had real robots and teenagers in a military academy (I think) in it.

Specific plot points I remembered were: the main protagonist was captured by the enemy and switched sides after meeting an female enemy soldier, and one of the moves he commonly used was to jump over the enemy mech and shoot open the elongated cockpit to disable the mech without hurting the pilot. There was also something related to a really big rocket or weapon system launched into space piloted by one of the main characters, the main protagonist was apparently supposed to pilot this thing but couldn't because he switched sides so another person was given the role. The show was English dubbed.

I've tried looking for this show for a while but still can't find anything about it, anyone can help?
Henyo

i was watching a unit size comparison video on youtube, near the end it showed the Xi Gundam in animated form.(judging from the color, its from the 90s.) is this like a split second cameo in a series or was the Hathaway's flash novel animated in some small form back then?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Raikoh

I'm 99% certain that Hathaway's Flash has never been animated in any form, not even a short OVA like what was done with Astray.

However, some recent releases in Gundam (namely Unicorn ep. 7 and the Beltorchika's Children manga) have started to lead to rumors about Hathaway getting animated some time in the near future.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Strike Zero

Henyo wrote:i was watching a unit size comparison video on youtube, near the end it showed the Xi Gundam in animated form.(judging from the color, its from the 90s.) is this like a split second cameo in a series or was the Hathaway's flash novel animated in some small form back then?
If you could provide a link to the video I could confirm it, but what you saw was probably a clip from a fan-made, but very professional looking trailer for Hathaway's Flash from a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SftVvcOSGqI
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Henyo

Strike Zero wrote:
Henyo wrote:i was watching a unit size comparison video on youtube, near the end it showed the Xi Gundam in animated form.(judging from the color, its from the 90s.) is this like a split second cameo in a series or was the Hathaway's flash novel animated in some small form back then?
If you could provide a link to the video I could confirm it, but what you saw was probably a clip from a fan-made, but very professional looking trailer for Hathaway's Flash from a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-NH-TC0fU

here is the link. good thing i didn't rename the video when i downloaded it. :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
TakaTahuNuva

Henyo wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-NH-TC0fU

here is the link. good thing i didn't rename the video when i downloaded it. :D
That's very clearly fanmade, surprised you didn't pick that up while watching.

If you really want to see an official "adaptation", some attacks were animated in CGI for the G Generation games
ohhhh snap
Pheznik

I've been sitting with google for a good hour now trying to find this anime's name.

It was school girls, comedy, the mechs were a blue, a green, and a red I think.
At one point the green mech rides into combat on a flag.

I think the mechs were stored underground and the mechs looked like ninja.
Raikoh

I haven't watched it yet (it's in my backlog) so it's just a stab in the dark, but could you be thinking Rayearth?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Pheznik

Raikoh wrote:I haven't watched it yet (it's in my backlog) so it's just a stab in the dark, but could you be thinking Rayearth?

No that's not it.
Strike Zero

I haven't actually seen it yet, but it sounds like you're describing the Sailor Victory gag OVA.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1643/Sailor_Victory
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Pheznik

Strike Zero wrote:I haven't actually seen it yet, but it sounds like you're describing the Sailor Victory gag OVA.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1643/Sailor_Victory

You are my god damn hero! Pretty sure that's it.
nintendAz

Please help! Anime series with mecha called saviour in red

Please help me, this has been bugging me for years, I remember a anime series where there was a mecha called "Saviour in red" by a child who was saved by it off a colony in space or something like that, I was sure it was Gundam wing but I have been watching through them and its does not seem to be. I saw it in late 90s/early 00s in the UK on either CNX or Toonami but looking at the shows that they had and reading their episode descriptions its does not appear to be any of those either. I also seem to remember possibly the same show where on a space ship a woman asked a man "penny for your thought?" and the man does not know what she means and she explains it is an old earth saying. If anyone knows what show(s) these are from I would really appreciate it as its driving me crazy!
Raikoh

Lessee... Red mecha, child in space... Culture clash... Nadesico? I never saw the dub so I'm not sure about the exact lines.

My 90s/2000s knowledge of anime is probably my weakest area at that.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
nintendAz

Raikoh wrote:Lessee... Red mecha, child in space... Culture clash... Nadesico? I never saw the dub so I'm not sure about the exact lines.

My 90s/2000s knowledge of anime is probably my weakest area at that.

No, its not that, thanks anyway!
nintendAz

Finally found it, the show was Teknoman