The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk I

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... n-planning

Not so much "possible" as much as it is "planning". No details announced at this point. Will the Einst invade the planet? Will the Cerberus and Garmraid be launched to retrieve the Medius Locus? Will Gunleon and the Balgora trio fight the Chimera Corps? Will Cybuster and Shurouga go head to head? Will stuff from W, K, Game Cube, or Neo make any appearances? Or will Neo Garnzon simply pull an Ideon and kill everyone?

Begin discussing. I'll allow theories as to "who'll be in it?" so long as it's within reason. :P The mods in admins may change this at any time.
Dark Duel

Re: Possible new SRW series?

I want to see Cobray in it. He got a few cameos in Divine Wars, I want to see him get a little more spotlight.
I also would like to see Shuu play a larger role than he did in DW, where his only accomplishment of note is the partial destruction of the Shirogane.

But more than either, I want to see Mai Kobayashi.

That said, I loved the old OVAs and I liked DW a lot too(I'll probably get stoned to death for this, but other than how badly nerfed Granzon was, I really liked that Cybuster series too) so I'm happy with more SRW regardless.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

I highly doubt it would be any of the stuff DuelGundam2099 suggested. It'd be either an adaptation of OG2, or my bet is on an Endless Frontier anime. If Obari's on board, then he'll do bouncing boobies right!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

I highly doubt it would be any of the stuff DuelGundam2099 suggested.
I know, I just couldn't resist acting like one of those narrators at the end of cliffhangers you see on TV and old serials. :lol:
TakaTahuNuva

I really hope it's an adaptation of OG2, I liked the story in that one.

Never liked Divine Wars though. I dunno, it just felt to me like it had low production values. Hopefully this one will have better animation.
ohhhh snap
Mu La Flaga

I'm hoping it's an OG2 adaptation as well, it would be good to see how they handle the elements of that whole story and also make it more better all in for plot details ect.
Wingnut

Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector

That sure sounds like OG2 all right. If the title is any indication the large chunk of the focus in the series will be on the Inspectors like Divine Wars was mostly about the DC war. So things like the Einst and Shadow Mirror/Neo DC might end up taking a back seat to The Violent Four. That said, they'd better do justice to certain events inside the Gate of Magus. :wink:

Edit on the edit: Looks like the characters and mecha are getting a slight visual overhaul. Bullet's hair cut and the torpedo boobs ( :shock: ) on the Angelg are the most notable, and save for the Angelg, I like it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mu La Flaga

Awesome.
I like the look of this already, be curious to know how many episodes it shall be.
Destiny_Gundam

Wingnut wrote:Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector

That sure sounds like OG2 all right. If the title is any indication the large chunk of the focus in the series will be on the Inspectors like Divine Wars was mostly about the DC war. So things like the Einst and Shadow Mirror/Neo DC might end up taking a back seat to The Violent Four.

Edit on the edit: Looks like the characters and mecha are getting a slight visual overhaul. Bullet's hair cut and the torpedo boobs ( :shock: ) on the Angelg are the most notable, and save for the Angelg, I like it.
The Inspector was the title given to the OG2 section of OGS (like Divine Wars was OG1), so I doubt it will mainly focus on the Inspectors. Plus, I think that title refers more to the main Einst (the final boss) anyways. We've also got images of Shadow Mirror characters, so their roles probably won't be diminished.

The new designs are very Obari-ish. Personally I love Obari's work, so I'm glad to see him on the project. Not liking Angelg's boobs very much, though XD I prefer them round rather than pointy.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

All I'm gonna say is that there better be more fighting than in Divine Wars.
Plus, I think that title refers more to the main Einst (the final boss) anyways.
So the first of my cliffhanger serial spoofs might be spot on. :P
Dark Duel

Yeah, the Angelg's LOLHUGE pointy breasts are a bit of a turnoff for me as well, but the animation quality from the preview pics looks way better than Divine Wars was, though not quite on par with the OG OVAs.

Either way I can't wait
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

Actually, Obari didn't do the redesign on the Angelg. That job went to Tsukasa Kotobuki, who designed the mecha for Godannar and did the character designs for the anime versions of Battle Arena Toshinden and Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury. If you've seen any of those, you'll know that this is pretty much par for the course (Godannar had fembots with jiggling breasts, for crying out loud...).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

GLORIOUS again. :) Now I have 4 great series to look forward to this fall. A great thing after the slow letdown of this season.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9966 ... 296257.jpg
Wow, they really revamped the character designs after OG1, eh?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/994/1279805405936.jpg
I think what needs to be said about this pic has been said......I hope they're not going to be so "emphasized" in the actually anime, 'cause.....that would be just dumb. :(

So from those scans, are they not going for CG for the mechs and battles, then? Personally I would prefer that; old-school 2D animation just appeals to me beter and looks cooler. With some exceptions such as Macross Zero and Frontier, a lot of CG-oriented TV-series tend to have clunky-ish flow and movements. Divine Wars startred off that way too, although they got better later on.
Kuruni

I have feeling that we will finally see legendary "Beowulf vs Axel" for real, possibly in first episode :D .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Kuruni wrote:I have feeling that we will finally see legendary "Beowulf vs Axel" for real, possibly in first episode :D .
If that does happen I suspect it will be the very first scene of the anime much like the Astranagant vs. Dis Astranagant fight at the begining of Divine Wars.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Imperial

Re: New SRW OG anime

At least Divine Wars was so bad that this season will come out looking like a masterpiece by comparison.

Then again, there were plenty of people who thought it would be hard to mess up a SRW series in the first place, and we all nearly choked to death on that heaping helping of mediocrity.
This space for rent
Strike Zero

Imperial wrote:At least Divine Wars was so bad that this season will come out looking like a masterpiece by comparison.
Hey, come on now. Divine Wars wasn't all bad. I remember plenty of moments that got me plenty excited while I was watching it!

Like the SRX's transformation sequence.

Or the part where Sanger cleaved a bunch of enemies in space.

Or the part where Sanger cleaved a Valsion custom in twain.

Or the part where Sanger cleaved through the Judecca's shield.

...Hmm... I seemed to have stumbled across a pattern here...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Imperial

Strike Zero wrote:Hey, come on now. Divine Wars wasn't all bad.
You're right. It wasn't that bad.

It was worse.
This space for rent
DuelGundam2099

I've only seen the first ten episodes of that series and I'm seriously considering of quitting, only two other anime have EVER made me want to do that.