Ep. 068: Star Wars & Game Club Pt 6

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 068: Star Wars & Game Club Pt 6

Chaos Theater Ep. 068 - "Star Wars & Game Club Pt 6"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 167 mins, 30 sec. (2:47:30) 76.68 MB

Special Guest Host: Dale Rausch (Opening)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:20:35

02. Discussion: "Star Wars"
Runtime: 0:21:12 - 2:15:35

03. Discussion: "Game Club: The Walking Dead 400 Days"
Runtime: 2:16:07 - 2:39:05

04. Outro: "Audible recommendations" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 2:39:42 - 2:47:13

Chaos Theater goes to that galaxy far, far away in this newest episode. First, we catch up with what we've been doing, with a special MegaCon report from Dale. Then, our main segment is an in-depth discussion of all six Star Wars movies, plus a bit about Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars and speculation about Episode VII. Then, the Game Club finally reaches its conclusion as we discuss The Walking Dead DLC chapter "400 Days." We wrap up with Audible recommendations, but no Mailbag. Next time, it's one last double feature as we're joined by Magen Cubed to discuss her debut novel Fleshtrap, plus Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Blumenkranz" from Kill la Kill by Cyua
"Clementine" from The Walking Dead by Jared Emerson-Johnson
"Before my body is dry" from Kill la Kill by Mika Kobayashi

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Re: Ep. 068: Star Wars & Game Club Pt 6

I'm glad you guys didn't mention the Christmas special or those AWFUL Ewok movies.

The only animated show I liked of Star Wars so far is Clone Wars mini-series. The Arc Troopers were and ARE still awesome. I'll take a Clone Trooper over Storm Trooper ANY day!
Chris
Administrator

I really liked the Droids cartoon as a kid, but I haven't seen it since then, so I don't know if it holds up well.
phillosmaster

You can find episodes of Droids on youtube. The episode I watched featured a Max Rebo band cameo, which was appreciated. I loved the show as a kid. I can't say I'd want to sit through an entire episode now. Lots of gags and pretty simple plots. I'd say it holds up about as good as episodes of Bravestar, which I also look back on fondly. Not as good as Mighty Max or any thing on the Disney afternoon block, which I could actually sit down and watch now.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
fearjunkee

Awesome look at the Star Wars franchise. Really loved the Welcome To Night Vale reference; I had listened to the Woman From Italy episode the same day I listened to this episode so that made it a real treat.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

my dad got me on Star Wars, remember watching Star Wars(before it was a new hope) with my him in the mid 90s

one of the reasons I slowed down with Star Wars was because of George Lucas, the second I found out it was the editors that made star wars(worked in the first two movies and left on Return of the Jedi) great and not him and his "yes" men/women I realized this dude is probably the luckiest man in the world since he gets the billions

never understood the han shot first, if the creator(Lucas) craps all over what he helped make then move on and don't be invested in it

loved the episode, been a while since I had free time
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Destiny_Gundam

It's been awhile since I watched any of the movies, but wasn't the whole "Naboo is dying" thing because the Trade Federation had set up blockades to prevent shipments of food and other supplies to the planet?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Chris
Administrator

An Earth-type planet like Naboo should have the agriculture to support itself. If it needs food imports, the mere start of a blockade shouldn't mean that people are dying immediately. If it is, they should've SHOWN people starving in the streets or whatever. So either way, it's still bad writing.
The Fowl Sorcerous

perhaps the supplies they were sending were related to keeping the whole planet from collapsing because its core is hollow and full of fish.

oh wait, the planet is perfectly fine when we see it at the climax.

Yeah, nothing about the blockade makes any sense.
[[lorem ipsum]]