Mailbag Drop Box Mk II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
sakurangel

Re: Mailbag Drop Box Mk II

hi guys, new year but same shitty uestion from me to you...
1- i know by the time i post this cuestion will be fevruary already but heck, What is the worst and trolling gift to guys gave to a friwnd or relatives this past holydays? from my i gsve a ffiend M.D.GEIST dvd colletoredition telling him that is it one of the best anime ever made and as a friend a recommend you to wathed right away...

2- i pick up 4 random protagonist and put them in each oter universe here is the list... Kio asuno, m.d geist, suzaku, and sciricco from votooms. Now fhis is how i random select what universe each one go... kio to m.d. geist world, sciricco to code geass, geist to age universe and suzaku to votooms.... now tell me who will survice, die and how?

3- i know this is not the place to ask sou bro sbout figthig gaaes, but i dont see any fighters ready episde come out in a while so if i have chris persmittion to ask it here pleaseeeeeee? - sou bro... have u play AQUAPAZZA, the aquaplus dream match fighting gsme that came out last year? is a team up fighting game with chsracter from shiws and gsmes like comic party, to heart/2, tears or tiara and dven white album.... neo and chris ypu can also comment on it if you guys played
thanks guys and hope to post more random cuestion this new year

ATTE- ur idea for ciber genetic soldier vs mecha warrior movie license is already mwade in one of the more awsome anime OVA series ever...MD GEIST
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
pqcomics

Sup gang I've got a questions for you guys.
I've seen Soulbro and I've seen what Chris looks like( unfortunately*bang bang shots fired*) But I've never seen Neo? So describe what looks like Neo, Of course let Neo describe himself and the you guys can rip it apart.
And also Could one you of please replace SBR on GundamnVs, he's making you and the Red Frame Astray look bad. *bang bang*
BLoop
Darkhound Noir

Greetings Gundamn Operators, two questions for you:

1. Banpresto has given you the right to place one American mecha series or movie in their next Super Robot Wars title. Which do you choose?

2. You are a grunt pilot in a Gundam series. You don't pilot a Gundam or prototype suit, just a standard issue grunt suit. What suit do you pilot, what commander/squadron leader would lead you into combat, and which ship would you serve on?
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO
1. Do you think Luang will rise again like the phoenix and return with a Bilbine-themed gunpla under the assumption he comes back for an OVA, movie, side story comic etc? With his Dunbine-themed Abigorbine busted like the remnants of a gatder carcass, it seems to be the only viable option.

2. Captain Neo, would you spare Asurada from Cyberformula and somehow find it a place in the Captain Neo Howling Commando Corps as a Teletraan 1 of sorts or just gut it out from whichever car it is currently installed in and feed it to the metal-eating mutant termites?

3. Father Soul Bro, have you considered Gundam Breaker for game streaming?
I think it is a fun game and would be worth it to help cleanse your name regarding the rumored heresy that is Soulconn.

4. Powermaster Chris, please share with us what your alt mode is.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
fearjunkee

1. Neo, if you could select up to 3 pro-human robots to spy on the robot oppressors, who would they be? My choices would be Megaman, Aigis from Persona 3, and Astro Boy.
2. Have any of you watched the Rooster Teeth/Monty Oum webseries RWBY? If so, what do you think of it?
Last edited by fearjunkee on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Redstang65

Hey guys been listening for a long time. I guess I'm your resident mechanic. I'm a heavy duty diesel technician and my job lets me listen to your podcast while I work. At times Neo will reference a certain bus belonging to a certain former president candidate. Well one day at work none other than the straight talk express came in! Some guy in my home town bought it. It's about a 25 year old Prevost (not even an america bus) completely black with blacked out windows to contain all your rage and a 2 stroke diesel engine of hate. Along with the McCane propaganda inside it, it also has giant wooden plaks indicating it was once owned by the governor of arizona. Fill free to make any jokes about his campaign now.

Now my questions.
1. Neo we know that Chris and SoulBro will betray you to the robots and that you have been on record for saying you wil shoot them straight in the face when that happens. However being robot/cyorgs that were close to you the machins bring both of them back to life. So which one, Chris or SoulBro, will be your pilot rival. Which one will wear the mask and have your fanil battle on the moon? How will the other fair?

2. You obtain a device that lets you ring one fictional character from the gundam universe to help you fight in the robot apocalypse. Who would it be? I would think Treize would be best because he already doesn't like the mobile dolls.

3. What Gundam stock footage would work best for you in the war?

4. And finally, which modern pop star would sing about understanding and raise moral during the war? Chose wisely because she'll probably go on to be a politician after the war and be your love interest.
yazi88

1. If you guys could make your own version of the Expendables but with anime characters, who would you assemble for a bad-ass team of bad-ass mercenaries? (without mecha though)
I would have a team that would at least include: Kallen Kouzuki, Chirico Cuvie and the best sniper ever, GOLGO 13!

2. After I saw the somewhat old MSIA commercial with the dancing Zaku II, what mecha could make for great dancers or pull of some great moves? I can see Harry's Gold Sumo do break dancing, (he kind of did that in the show) and the Acguy spinning on the floor on its head!
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO
1. Please give us the Rick James and Charlie Murphy equivalent in the Mecha Genre(I just had to ask this as I have recently been rewatching Chapelle's Show).

2. If Kawaguchi Katsumi was doing a charity auction, how much would you gents pay? The gunpla that is up for bid by the way is a diorama of a Master Grade Blitz Gundam playing Chopsticks on a scale model grand piano made of melted down RG skygraspers.

3. What do you guys think is the reason a good number of mecha pilots suffer from Chuunibyou or 8th grade syndrome and what could they do to gain salvation?

To quote pixiv Encyclopedia, Chuunibyou is "a colloquial and rather derisive term in Japan which describes a person at the age of fourteen would either act like a know-it-all adult, or thinks they have special powers no one else has. Some would even go as far as being obnoxious, arrogant, and often look down on adults or older people."
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
thehod

Salutations Chris: the the savior of sex bots, Neo: the General of the human resistance and Soul bro: The people's champion if people were like saji.

Question for the Gundamn! Crew: You have been accused of a crime but you can have a trial by combat. You can choose from a roster of fictional combatants that will take your place in the trial by combat. Consider all combatants at the peak of their power ups, no injuries, and have had 1 week's worth of combat preparation. Chris: I know you answered this on Chaos Theater but I updated the roster and the rules. Neo: Moonlight Butterfly is not an available weapon.

In the room are the following characters: Harry Dresden, Mikasa Ackerman, Captain America, Luffy, Batman, Female Shepard, Robocop, The Major, Jonathan Joestar, and Indiana Jones . The opponent will be chosen at random from the ones you did not pick.
m121akuma

Okay, this one's for Soul Bro:

The public must know: Why DO you hate Century Color so much?

As for Neo and Chris, are there any Gundam OPs that you can't stand?
Saber

This is probably going to be a difficult question, but I'll ask it anyway:

Can you recommend any good mecha manga? Now, before anyone jumps up and shouts "Gundam: The Origin", I'm asking specifically about mecha manga that is NOT Gundam. In the best case scenario, can you recommend any mecha manga that is not based on some pre-existing material or is merely an adaptation of something that previously existed as an anime, novel or game? Does stuff like that even exist?

Also, Break Blade/Broken Blade is banned.
GloryToTheSeanchan

1) Neo - Baby dragons inspired question: What are the sigils and sayings for the houses of Lord King and Ser Bay?
Am I right to assume yours are the robot tomes, Chris is the bloodied troll on the train tracks, and Soul Bro is the piece of toast on milky white background? Look on the bright-side Soul Bro, Neo and Chris are mere bannermen (one for Lord King the other for The Pedobear In The South) as opposed to your status as a greatlord with your banner"men" the sworn households of Crossroad, Cardemonde, Angelloni, Burning, Gunhale, Albatou, Argyle, and whatever Arthur's last name was.

2) Neo again - to be honest I was one of the ones who thought Chris just hired a crazy and a court jester to make himself look good. I assume the pay is good, which is why he was forced to outsource for Chaos Theater (co-host American). Anyway, upon seeing the 2013 horror film "Her" OMFG where do I sign up?

3) Soul Bro & Chris: The apocalypse is obviously coming. But there could be many different robot factions arising. Skynet is always out there, likely Cylons too, Hatsune Miku has been gaining support for years now, and these mind reading I-Devices will probably emerge as power players as well. Have either of you given any thought as to which robotic faction(s) you will be siding with?
And the Ever Victorious Army!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Greetings and Salutations to the High Lords of Gundamn!

Messrs. Chris, Neo & Soul Bro

I have a few queries for you!

1. If you could attend only four classes from this anime university, what would they be?

2. How likely would you be to get "corrected" by Asst. Dean Bright Noa?

3. What do you think are the potential ramifications if LaPlace's Box really does turn out to undermine all Federation authority? (assuming F91 and Victory would be different?)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
daigundam lagaan

o hai gais

1. Would you guys watch the entirety of "The Room" with Kio(And the movie has to pause everytime you take a restroom break) as he makes commentary and conversation if it meant drinking all night with Dennis, Felini, Roy Focker, and Bright(meaning you can't drink during the actual movie)?

2. Would you drink all night with Kaifun and adult Desil if it meant hanging out all day with Christina McKenzie and Emma Sheen the very next day?

3. Would you rather watch "The Room" with Kio or drink with Kaifun and Desil?

4. If AGE 3rd Generation and the Room switched Cast members, which one would you rather watch?
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Naz

If you can pick an everyday item from Gundam series or other mecha anime to be produced in real life, what would it be? For example, I would love to have Harry Ord's sunglasses. Those are awesome.

Oh, by the way, UNIVERSE.
Cultclassic

Hey Gundamn Crew,
I want official gundamn drinking game rules. You are fast approaching 150 episodes so it is about time.
Also, when is the next call in show?
Aldaeus

Sup Chris, Neo, and Sol Bro.

I had a recent sit down with Gundam Seed again for something to watch out of my anime collection, and had a fun "why the heck not" thought when I got to the Orb episodes. What really is in that spot in the Pacific Ocean? So, I pulled up Google Maps, and zoomed in on roughly that area. I found two islands... Howland and Baker Island. Both from a topographical view look a hell of a lot like Orb mostly underwater.

Upon further research I found that they're part of the Phoenix Islands, and as of September 1979 with the exceptions of those two islands which are un-categorized territories of the US, there is a tiny republic in the area, the Republic of Kiribati which is a full member of the UN since 1999, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiribati, with a population just over 100k. The flag of said nation depicts a golden sun rising out of the ocean with a frigate bird over it, their nation's motto is "Health, Peace and Prosperity".

Creepy coincidence, or Fukuda shenanigans?
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO

1. Powermaster Chris,
Would you join Captain Neo's Howling Commando Corps in a New York minute if the robot army backstabbed you by kicking you out the robot army for real life 1:1 scale sentient zoids that destroyed all your favorite things? And made you build a zoid while eating natto.

2. Which is worse, Newman piloting the Devil Gundam or Kramer piloting the 00 Quanta complete with a confused Tieria?

3. Going back to my hope and dream of a Gundamarathon, who do you think Tomino will troll the most in his go-kart? SEED Destiny staff, Victory staff, or AGE staff? G Savior staff do not count cause they are on water duty.

4. What would be Harry Ord's dance crew name and who would they be battling to rep the streets and their Moonrace homies? Also, what would be their titular "jam"?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
fearjunkee

thehod wrote:Salutations Chris: the the savior of sex bots, Neo: the General of the human resistance and Soul bro: The people's champion if people were like saji.

Question for the Gundamn! Crew: You have been accused of a crime but you can have a trial by combat. You can choose from a roster of fictional combatants that will take your place in the trial by combat. Consider all combatants at the peak of their power ups, no injuries, and have had 1 week's worth of combat preparation. Chris: I know you answered this on Chaos Theater but I updated the roster and the rules. Neo: Moonlight Butterfly is not an available weapon.

In the room are the following characters: Harry Dresden, Mikasa Ackerman, Captain America, Luffy, Batman, Female Shepard, Robocop, The Major, Jonathan Joestar, and Indiana Jones . The opponent will be chosen at random from the ones you did not pick.
Just want to point out that The Major wouldn't have a prayer against Dresden due to the tendency for wizards to hex technology.
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Gundamn Crew!

Whenever watching older sci fi productions like Star Trek TOS era, Star Wars OT, Alien, and UC Gundam, you really start to notice that the technology design in these works was limited by the technology available at the time. To use one troll's example: UC Gundam has no cellphones. Nor does it have powerful laptop computers, touch screens, or GUIs like modern windows. Back in the day, almost all computers used DOS prompts. There's also the obvious absence of something like the internet.

So, my questions are:
1) Can you think from any works from this era - about before the 90s - that were able to transcend this limitation and predict something in our current era? For me, it would be the Enterprise more or less Hacking the Reliant with the prefix codes. How about you?

2) Which particular bit of "futuristic" technology from old sci fi works do you like the most? Mine would have to be the Nostromo's controls from Alien. Those old school dials, buttons and especially the punch cards and MOTHER's DOS prompts really hold up well. Nothing comes close to the intricate Self Destruct activation that Ripley does. All of that technology was a lot sexier than any fanservice that I've ever seen.

3) When comparing the level of tech design from a franchise's modern incarnation to the level of design from its incarnation back in the pre 90s era, are there instances where you like one over the other? For me, as much as I like the really smooth look of the interfaces from Prometheus, I still prefer the design from Alien for the reasons explained above. Similarly, I'm a huge fan of the good old 360 cockpit design from Zeta Gundam and think no other design comes close. Conversely, as much as I appreciate the old, rough look of the inside of the Enterprise from TOS, I like the modern design more , even with the lens flare. What about you?

Take care!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.