EP.3 No Ordinary Rebellion

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Tangerine

Re: EP.3 No Ordinary Rebellion

- Calet -

“You were quite perceptive. Not entirely unexpected (from combat pilot) but rare nonetheless,” she replied to Erin's question. “I’m examining your potential. A procedure I always do consciously or not. Does my explanation suffice?" Unfortunately they reached the end of the corridor so their discussion ended shortly as they arrived. Calet gave her ID to the guardsmen. In turn they produced a sealed document to her with the explanation, "The commander is out, he was summoned elsewhere."

The tone and the attitude of the guard hinted enough for Calet to produce her own analysis. The commander, must be a young member of the aristocracy was probably already on his way to be somewhere else safer. His family member probably deemed the situation to be too risky and made some call in order to get him to safety thus ensuring the future of his family.

Sigh, so it is true that most high ranking officers were no different than bureaucrat. The salary, high prestige and the honor to don a military tunic on party were too lucrative chance for them to ignore. Calet kept her neutral expression and opened the sealed document. It took her few seconds to read the short document and put it back into the envelope.

"The commander frees me from the chain of command. I’m free to follow anyone or conduct my own mission.” She faced Erin and asked, “Any ideas what I should be doing now?”
Rob DS Zeta

"Firebrand, eh?" Cel said, turning around to think about this. She knew the name Firebrand, if only from the legends. An NA operative that caused the Empire a whole lot of grief back in the day, Samuel Firebrand was one of two things that Cel did not want to waste time with. It was only his spawn that was the culprit. She and her ragtag group of lowlifes could not evade the law for long.

Back to the two things, though. The other was letting a petty squabble of beliefs between these two chowderheads get out of hand.

"If you both have plans, then I'll hear them. Jorhan, you first." she looked back, though not turning to face either of them. She did not want the distraction of their faces while she heard them out. "Just make sure that you keep your thoughts about Mr. Aquean to yourself."
*insert witty eyecatch here*
blind_dead_mcjones

"Very well" jorhan responded, inwardly wincing as he could feel the painkillers from the emergency medical pack begin to wear off.

"seeing as their raid was a success they will be emboldened by this and will try again, therefore all we need is bait to lure them out, once that has been achieved we cut off all paths of escape bar one and from there we divide and conquer. however, as their units are very unconventional, analysis of the combat data recorded by our surviving mobile suits will be required so we can understand how each individual suit behaves in battle and how to best prevent them from supporting each other while neutralizing them."
Flag Fighter for life!
SNT1

--Sharaf--

"A bait." Sharaf echoes Jorhan's idea, though his head seems to wander off. In reality, he doesn't think it's necessary.

"Cortez, I don't think you're giving this little ragtag group the credit they deserve. Their plan, however wild it looked like, was apparently carefully executed and followed to a tee, from their timing, escape route and appropriate firepower with no loss of their own. And if the daughter of Firebrand is the one who's spearheading the operation, then it could be expected that they won't be a group that makes rash decisions."

Sharaf was twirling around a pen then once again points it at Barstow. "I say we bomb Barstow. A quick counteroffensive in their homefront if the only way to deflate their morale. I agree that we need to study their units, and must be prepared for a tough fight. This time it won't be us caught with our pants down."

Aquean apparently doesn't care about his peers' opinion of himself. He wants results, and he shows his rough, means-to-an-end style tactics to the two.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

"please do not think for a second that i am underestimating our enemy" Jorhan replied calmly "I am quite aware that they are exceptionally skilled and savvy and there is no garuantee that it will work in luring them to a battlefield of our choosing. but this a very delicate situation, if any civillians are killed in our retaliatory strike, then the rebels will not only regain any lost morale but they will also redouble their efforts, and the population will be galvanized against us." he stopped to mentally compose his next sentence, disappointed in sharaf's plan to just bomb the town of barstow like it never mattered, clearly he's never had to do a cleanup of a city that has just been obliterated. briefly jorhan thought back to the last time he had to do such an operation and how dangerous it was, considering the survivors liked to take their frustration at losing everything out on the soldiers that are sent in.

before he could continue the veteran let out strangled yell of pain andfell on one knee while clutching his side, he could feel blood seeping through the bandage as the bullet had shifted enough to aggrivate the injury
Flag Fighter for life!
SNT1

--Sharaf--

"You would be right, Cortez, if there were even anyone alive after bombing Barstow. Our job right now, is to hunt down, and wipe these rebels off the face of the planet." Sharaf was equally as calm as Jorhan, until the man cried in pain. Sharaf had to wince a little, but he continued, "I don't plan cleaning up the remnants. It quickly becomes a mercenary loot bag, anyway. Population's opinions be damned, we don't need to waste our time trying to save them."

Sharf's tone did not seem evil, or hateful, or bloodthirsty; his sentence were said as matter-of-facts. But he does seem nonchalant with the prospect of killing many civilians---after all, he's done it a few times. "Looks like you need that bullet taken out, Cortez..." he said, changing the subject after watching him flinch around.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Rob DS Zeta

Cel kept herself turned, even while Jorhan struggled with his wound. He had been right, though. They did not need to turn the populous against them any more than it already was. If they turned Barstow into a crater, then it would only give a new rallying cry to whatever underground groups were still out there.

"Go get yourself fixed up, Jorhan," she finally spoke, looking up at her Tallgeese with suppressed frustration. "Sharaf, I want you to look into possible mercenary connections in the area around Barstow. I want to save bombing the city as a last resort. If we can just lure them into a well-made ambush, then we can avoid civilian bloodshed and take out the rebels."
SNT1

-Sharaf-

"Very well, ma'am." He still saluted, though Cel was unlikely to look at his own visage. He just shrugged.

And his intention is to bomb the damn place anyway. The way he works, no one can ever accuse him of such plans as mercenaries are well-known wildcards. He has a few in his contacts... and another 'wildcard' that will truly show the might of the King.

He reaches his smartphone and talks to the Mercenary...

(Rob DS Zeta, have you merc talk in this thread)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Rob DS Zeta

"Good day to you, Mr. Man," Klug's voice fed through the phone. "This is K. Bailey, Raz Kennedy's partner. We've got a proposition for you.

"The boss has a plan to get us into these Firebrand kooks that dominated your base down here. Then, with some 'oh-so-credible' information, we'll be able to put them wherever you want. Over a bomb. In the sights of a satellite laser. Wherever you want.

"Think about it. You get all the credit, we do all the hard and dangerous work. What say you?"
Zangetsu

-Erin ‘Siege’ Halphas-

“Yes that answer does… suffice.”

Erin wasn’t really fine with the answer, but he wasn’t about to press a better one out. After all making enemies this early would only provide trouble, whether it was now or later. Instead Erin chose to simply watch Calet as she met with a guard.

The exchange between the two was watched with great interest. Erin watched the two and was able to come to some conclusions about this new girl. She was important in some way, of that he was sure. What she did eluded him, but the way things were handled seemed to point in that direction.

“No idea. I must say though, rather rude for the commander not to meet us. Don’t you think?”
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
SNT1

-Sharaf-

"Sounds excellent, sir," Sharaf replies like a true shady bastard. "Just lead us where they're specifically hiding. Our firepower will take care of the rest."

"As an aside, I will double your pay if you can somehow bring their leader to me... alive. Yes, I'm putting a bounty on the leader of this rebellion. I have my suspicions of who it could be, but I'm sure you going inside will find that out really quick..."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

slowly jorhan pulled himself to his feet, "yes major" he replied to cel's request, standing tall despite the pain and delievering a salute, though in the process he overheard parts of sharaf's phone conversation and saw 'that' look on the mans face, from that he had no doubt in his mind that the man was going to have barstow wiped off of the map anyway.

shaking his head jorhan turned and walked away towards the infirmary, his mind deep in thought as to his course of action in order to avoid a complete bloodbath, as he walked he inadvertantly crossed paths with Benjamin Regard.

"Regard" he began as he stopped "i need to ask you some questions regarding the battle at lancaster, and i also have a request."
Flag Fighter for life!
The Green Flame

Turning his vision away from that........monstrosity, Benjamin strolled a little more through the hangar taking note of even more new arrivals. There was another fine lady this time, if rather stoic looking, accompanied by the familiar Halphas. Now there was a noble who didn't annoy him or as his mother would say, 'An elevator that actually reached the top floor'.

He was a bit enthusiastic about flaunting his nobility but he'd seen worse.

Turning around to go check on how his machine was coming Benjamin stumbled backwards a bit when met with the still bleeding Jorhan. Sizing him up he gathered himself when his bleeding comrade voiced a need for some aid and questions about the previous, and for all intents and purposes, failure of a rescue mission.

"Sure ask away. Though shouldn't you get patched up first?"
Tangerine

Unwilling to comment Calet instead asked while they walked back toward the hangar, “Tell me Halphas, do you think this Rebel posses real threat to the Empire hegemony?”

Her face didn’t make the slightest move when she put some thought about it. The end of the Empire supremacy…

She thought about it with a sense of guilt but also hope.
blind_dead_mcjones

"i'm already heading to the infirmary, however i felt it prudent that that that this discussion takes place along the way" Jorhan replied as he stood facing benjamin, before continuing towards his destination, making sure the other pilot followed him as he spoke

"firstly, of the enemy units present during the assault, what suits were they using and what did you notice about their movements, tactics and equipment?" he waited for a reply and for when he was well out of earshot and vision from aquean when he added his request

"and second, i need you to scout out the barstow area, and report your observations to me when you return, be sure to stay well out of Visual and I.F.F range from all mobile suits, be it mercenary, rebel or imperial." his voice lowered to a whisper "it is doubly important that you take note of any attempts to assault or destroy the city, and do not speak of this to anyone, especially sharaf aquean. can i rely on you to carry this out?"
Flag Fighter for life!
Zangetsu

-Erin ‘Siege Halphas-

Trying to read Calet’s feelings on the subject was impossible, Erin noted. Her face was a mask that showed no outward signs on her feelings be they one way or another. This caused Erin to break out in a large toothy grin.

“I cannot honestly say either way. This Empire has lasted for the better part of many years. Can one small rebellion really take it down? Still… None have previously worked this well. Maybe, just maybe they can pull it off.”
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
The Green Flame

"Whatever you say, just try not to leave a trail of red behind ya" he shrugged as he started following after Jorhan. Listening to his inquiry, Alex thought back to the previous battle to remember anything of note. And there was quite a bit to remember.

"Well that's fairly easy, you don't forget some of the stuff you see there" he answered with a grin "They had quite a variety of machines. I recall there being a Gundam, Kampfer, Guaiz, and at least more than one type of Flag. The one I dealt with was a tough one though it had a rather lovely pilot" he paused "Tactically.....I guess you can say they were fairly organized but it still seemed like a rag-tag bunch"

Alex then arched his eyebrow at Jorhan's request. Was there a bit of a division going on? Lowering his own voice he asked away "Ah yeah no problem, it'll be a change of pace from all the testing. What's the problem, something going down nearby?"
Tangerine

Calet smiled for the first time in few days, she felt it was appropriate. “A good conclusion. There are too many unknown factors attributed to the Rebel group. My rough estimation told me that it is impossible given the huge difference in power. However, my sense told me otherwise. Something is missing from the calculation…” As they talk they reached the hangar and Calet stopped while she saw an odd colored machine in the hangar. Unbothered by it she continued her talk with Halphas, “Let’s not be bothered by what I said earlier.”

Returning to her non-expression face she said, “Whichever side wins, the result should be interesting.”
blind_dead_mcjones

as he approached the infirmary jorhan listened intently as bejamin informed him about the enemy forces that attacked lancaster, noting in particular the way he described one of the units but seemed to know more than he was letting on

"we suspect the group that attacked lancaster may have their base of operations in barstow" jorhan told him in response "unfortunately someone has decided that wiping the town off the map is the way to handle it, consequences be damned. no doubt you can see why such a move will only invite disaster upon us"

after letting that sink in, jorhan turned his attention back to the enemy units benjamin described
"hard hitting units with a high degree of mobility... at least two of the suits are capable of independent flight, and the high level of organisation suggests a few of them may be mercenaries, interesting. So tell me, with the unit you fought, what else did you notice about the suit despite the pilot being 'lovely' as you put it? and did any of these suits have any distinctive weaponry or paint schemes?"
Flag Fighter for life!
SNT1

-Fira-

A knock comes down on Celeste's new office, as a stranger lets herself in.

"Major!"

An audible salute can be heard. This newcomer is apparently only known by a codename, "Fira." Celeste would see that this is no ordinary soldier. In addition to standard military decorations, the uniform isn't quite 'military.' It had a far eastern look as well as modern touches, almost like a modern-day ninja/spy outfit. Her uniform had long tabard-like accessories with golden borders.

She was beautiful indeed, and looks young... too young perhaps? Regardless despite the serious sounds she had this " :3 " smile on her face as she adresses Cel. "Codename: Fira, of the Imperial Elite Forces, reporting for duty. Captain Aquean has sent me here, I hear we have some issues that need dealing with... I'm all yours!" She perks up with a smile.

With that, it's clear that Sharaf has managed to snag one of their very King's personal "she-thugs" to help her with this Firebrand issue.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/