4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

No, of course not! This Gundam Fight is totally legitimate and there will be no disruptions. I can tell you with certainty that nobody involved is in any way evil. Not one bit.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Arbiter GUNDAM

:? Why do I have the feeling I need to reach across the ether and borrow Wing ZERO's rifle? :wink:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Inferno

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:
Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Number one, this is G Gundam - no Char, Char clones, Char children, or anything Char-related
I may just make this my new sig. :mrgreen:
Schwarz Bruder and Ulube had masks. WHAT NOW?

But srsly, G Gundam is a break from all the chars.
liubei013

Hi guys. Just letting you know I put the claim down for Neo China. If there are any issues with the profile, let me know. :)

Oh, right, question: What is the scale for the stat system? (e.g. 1 to 20?) :?
Strike Zero

Is there a date for when the sign-ups will be closed? I'm considering joining, but still need to think it over.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wedge14

I won't be closing the thread till the start of round 2.

Fritz red and I decided i think people can have max stats of 92 total i think. I do not know the number off hand at the moment. But Fritz and Red save everything so they can chime in with the right answer.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

In the last one it was 78 so you said 86 this time.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

Wedge14 wrote:But Fritz and Red save everything so they can chime in with the right answer.
Hey, I only auto-save the conversations I'm in. Whatever you and Fritz do on your own you two have to remember (There is a joke in there somewhere...). :mrgreen:

Anyway, a question for the last two guys who posted their profiles, what's up with the "in combat" clothing? You do relize everyone has to wear the awesome Mobile Trace System spandex, right?
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

I never knew the PRC and Ireland were so similar!

"Neo China sought to create a new Gundam which could not only hold its own, but to increase the chances of gaining victory in the Gundam fight. Guan Yu Gundam, named after the Chinese 'God' of War, is specialized in close combat and is equipped with a variety of melee weapons."

"Neo Ireland sought to create a new Gundam which could not only hold its own, but to increase the chances of gaining victory in the Gundam fight. Ridire Gundam, named after the Irish word for ‘Knight’, is specialized in close combat and is equipped with a variety of melee weapons."
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

EZero8

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:I never knew the PRC and Ireland were so similar!

"Neo China sought to create a new Gundam which could not only hold its own, but to increase the chances of gaining victory in the Gundam fight. Guan Yu Gundam, named after the Chinese 'God' of War, is specialized in close combat and is equipped with a variety of melee weapons."

"Neo Ireland sought to create a new Gundam which could not only hold its own, but to increase the chances of gaining victory in the Gundam fight. Ridire Gundam, named after the Irish word for ‘Knight’, is specialized in close combat and is equipped with a variety of melee weapons."
Oh, but there's more! :wink:
"Green Dragon Crescent Lightning Slash" - This move involves gathering most of the Gundam's energy into the Guan Dao's blade. It is then unleashed as a powerful electric/energy slash that haphazardly zigzags towards its target.

"Dragon's Fury" - This temporarily removes all built-in restraints and overloads the reactor in order for the Guan Yu Gundam to get a burst of speed and strength. However, this is generally done as a last resort, due to the aftermath of a long cooldown time, reduced reactor output, and potential injury to the pilot.
"Aengus Blade Wave" - This move involves gathering most of the Gundam's energy into the Caladbolg's blade. It is then unleashed as a powerful wave, which can leave the unit drained for several moments. It causes massive amounts of destruction.

"Dagda Blast" - This temporarily removes all built-in restraints and overloads the reactor in order for the Ridire Gundam to get a burst of speed and strength. However, this is generally done as a last resort, due to the aftermath of a long cooldown time, reduced reactor output, and potential injury to the pilot.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Arbiter GUNDAM

Definitely something weird going on here. I thought you said only one fight er per player?

--Freyja Wion
mcred23

Yeah, me and Fritz noticed how very similar both profiles are. What we'd like to hear is why that is... :|

Wedge14

Yeah, if Darth Brain were to make his profile a bit more original i would most likely allow it. But the way it is it looks like he just copy and pasted the post above him. :?

I'm starting to work on submissions so expect to start pming people in the next few days.

liubei013

mcred23 wrote: Anyway, a question for the last two guys who posted their profiles, what's up with the "in combat" clothing? You do relize everyone has to wear the awesome Mobile Trace System spandex, right?
Lol, yes, I meant combat as in hand-to-hand, not while inside the respective Gundam. Which reminds me, I may edit my post with the appearance of his "awesome" MTS suit. :D

@profilecopy: How peculiar... >.>
mcred23

liubei013 wrote:Lol, yes, I meant combat as in hand-to-hand, not while inside the respective Gundam. Which reminds me, I may edit my post with the appearance of his "awesome" MTS suit. :D
Sure. Really, you can edit anything until we officially approve the profile, and minor stuff like that isn't a big deal.

Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm interested in what role these Neo Luxembourg Black Tri-Stars are going to play. Exactly why WOULD such a small colony have a specops team of MS pilots?

--Freyja Wion
Wedge14

Hey I have to keep a few secrets now and then. We've managed to go through half the profiles. Theres about 2 changes i need some people to make i'll pm them when i get some free time. But i'm making progress! Just giving everyone a heads up!

teleute

I didn't mean to do this but the Neo-Pakistan character I just posted in the other thread is from the same caste as someone else's earlier posted Neo-Indian character. Both have Khandas and both have heat based abilities. Yay for inadvertent character synergy!

Also, I'm new to on-line RPGs and I was wondering how this particular one works. I have played tabletop RPGs like D&D, Exalted, and Shadowrun but, looking at the archive, this seems much more freeform.
Arbiter GUNDAM

We are completely at the mercy of the GM's. Nothing we do counts for anything! :mrgreen: :roll:

Joke.

--Freyja Wion
Wedge14

Yeah I don't mind the Rajput similarities at all, perhaps your two characters can be rivals! I want some non official tag team matches to happen too, they could be an interesting team.

Message board role playing is so hard to explain, I really hate explaining it. But yeah, it focuses more on the role playing aspect. You can't openly hit another person or control them without their permission. You're pretty much in control of your character and what he tries to do. If the other player has the choice to allow the hit or whatever to happen.

I'd like to see people focus on writing well thought out and clever matches. Noone should be playing this game to win. That is not the point of this we're all here to tell a story. I like to think of this game as something close to professional wrestling. People should PM others and plan their matches ahead of time. Atleast agree with the other player on who is going to win the match.

I've kinda started rambling here....i need to get some pms out!