Chapter 20 & 21: Live or let die [Space]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Re: Chapter 20 & 21: Live or let die [Space]

(They'll join us In a turn or two)
-Hendor snow-

Snow opened fire on the Red machine that was leading the other two; rapid shots trained very accurately on the Ahead. The Ahead responded quickly using it's superb mobility to evade as it returned fire. The two GN-X III's split to either side and began firing their lance rifles.

Hendor was forced to make his own evasive maneuvers the Ashsaber showing off its own mobility and Hendor's Newtype senses. Hendor switched the target of his counter attack to one of the GN-X III's firing his Gun Rapier. The pilot tried to dodge moving upwards but Hendor's attack followed him tracing up the leg and through the cockpit.

-Sadalahn-

another Ahead and two GN-X III's launched from the ship; this group moving to intercept the second enemy they detected. Like the first group they split up and began a coordinated barrage.

-Kellen Cypher-

She had her own opinion of the DC which was much closer to Kyle's but she still understood Trace's feelings on the matter.

"look what's more important Captain; freeing the moon or us killing ourselves? I have Information on the Fandom fleet" Kellen Produced a disk that was loaded with her observations from her most recent mission. "That fleet is huge with out a large military force we won't even dent that."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

- Hellbore -

As the enemy split up to flank him, Hellbore grinned and whispered, "Perfect."

The wing mounting DRAGOONs snapped into place, forming an X-shape and the four DRAGOONS lanced out before crossing out in front of his Freedom. The remote weapons zoomed out at the three units and begun taking pot-shots to disrupt the enemies firing pattern. Hellbore himself, using the the exposed Voiture Lumiere thrusters, weaved through the beam fire from the Fandom mobile suits, lifted his Gundam 'above' them and fired down at the Ahead with the dual plasma beam cannons.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Sume Gai

-Hendor Snow-

Hendor noted with a slight disdain that the gundam Punk had resorted to his Dragoons already as he swapped weapons. He pulled out the Halberd launcher and began to charge it. The Ashsaber weaved left and right as the remaining GN-X III and the Ahead continued to pour on the pressure.

The Halberd Launcher released it's payload as the split beams traveled in parallel towards the Ahead. The crimson machine 'ascended' rapidly letting the beam pass below. Hendor cursed at his missed shot; whatever these new machines were they were Incredibly agile.

-Team 2-

The Two GN-X III's responded quickly by throwing their anti-beam grenades which surronded the Fandom machines making beam attacks useless. The 4 Dragoons were made useless for the moment. The Ahead ascended quickly evading the greatly weakened Plasma blasts and exiting the Bean chaff, then, the pilot fired his GN Beam Rifle at the freedom trying to drive it towards the 'cloud'.

Inside the cloud one of the GN-X III's raised it's lance and Charged the Freedom Intending to impale it while his commander distracted it.

Killian Icer

Icer's machine soon left the hanger and noting the completely new mech that had already finished one of the GN-X III's made his way towards that part of the battle field.

-Huckebein Mk II M's-

the 8 units were having a much tougher time getting into position than their more skilled peers but they were almost there.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

hellbore

- Hellbore -

'Tsk'ing at the anti-beam grenades, Hellbore caught the beam fire from the Ahead on his beam shield, and flash allowed him to twist narrowly past the GN-X as it charged from 'below'. Mindful of the smoke below and unwilling to lose his speed advantage, Hellbore unleashed the four remote weapons on the GN-X that had left the clouds protection to attack him and focussed on the more dangerous Ahead. Accelerating the Freedom, Hellbore blazed up and and over the Ahead and, now behind the red Mobile Suit, flipped upside down and fired the dual plasma cannons and two high-energy beam rifles at the enemy.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Sume Gai

Hendor Snow/Killian Icer

Hendor fired his Halberd Launcher a second time, this time t the GN-X III. The Blast caught the mech Dead center and Totaled it completely. Hendor's next target was the Ahead; He sighted the Halberd Launcher and was about to fire when his senses warned him of incoming fire. He pulled aside as two shots from the GN Beam Carbine flashed past.

Quickly approaching was the GN Ginn HM2. Hendor was forced on the defensive as both the Ahead and the GN Ginn attacked. Thankfully it was now that the Huckebeins reached him. 4 of them charged 2 taking the head while another pair pushed past and headed fir the fandom ship.

-team 2-
((go ahead and bring in your huckys if you want))

The ahead and it's pilot weren't as slow as Hellbore seemed to think. even so close the Ahead fliped to match the Freedom's orientation while letting the beams pass harmlessly 'above' him. With a quick movement the Ahead Slashed at the hand held rifles with a drawn saber, it's rifle discarded.

The GN-X III wasn't so lucky though he evaded the first shot and blocked the second but the third tor his shield arm off while the fourth removed his right leg. Though he couldn't last much longer he tried opening fire on the Dragoons with his lance riffe (finish him)

the other GN-X III exited the Chaff cloud and tried to provide cover fire for his comrade fighting the bits.

-team 3-

It wasn't long before the last group of an Ahead and two GN-X III's sortied. They headed straight for the battle Farea they were fighting the Freedom.

hellbore

- Hellbore -

While the Ahead pilot was quick, he had reacted to Hellbore's attack too quick and had misjudged his aim. Hellbore merely had to jerk the rifles away, spreading the Freedom's arms wide and the slash passed harmless before him. Noticing the reinforcements approaching from behind, Hellbore quickly aimed and fired the torso mounted beam cannon at the recovering Ahead.

The DRAGOONs were moving to quickly to be hit and continued to strike at the crippled GN-X until all four of them fired at the same time and struck the lance, torso, head, and cockpit simultaneously. The GN-X exploded in purple smoke and GN particles. As the remote weapons switched targets to the approaching GN-X, they fanned out and, darting around, began attacking in a similar pattern to their previous victim.

- Merciless -
- Bridge -

As soon as the broadcast from Hawaii had been received, Tyber Zann had ordered it be transmitted on all screens in all ships. It would be good have this boost to morale on the eve of an important battle. It was slightly disappointing to hear of the demise of the Red Eagle, a man of his ability was rare even i the Fandom's vast hordes. This Zero was something of an unknown to him, and though that irked him, who prided himself on his intelligence networks, he gave the man no more thought than that as dead, he was no concern to the warlord. He heard reports from the other ships that spirits were indeed high and that boded well for his conquest. Zann glanced at Urai Fenn, as always by is commanders side, at though he his it well, detected a gleam of pride in the older man's eyes.

- Grey Wolf -
- Bridge -

The Fandom ceremony was also being received on the bridge of the Grey Wolf. Rawn shook his head in disgust and ordered the feed terminated. That display of loyalty would sap the will of his crew, and he needed them fresh and and strong. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and leant back heavily in his chair. The Fandom was far from growing weak.

- Pericles -
- Bridge -

Krager was also watching the video, Celchu by his side. It brought up similar feeling in both men, but they watched it resolutely, understanding that this was to drain their enemies as well as build their own faith in the Fandom's power. Both men knew that thing would only get harder from here.
Sume Gai

Killian Icer/Hendor snow

"the commander..." Hendor spoke to himself as the new unit entered his area. He could tell this Pilot was more skilled than the average pilot and, at the same time, there was something familiar about him but Hendor couldn't place it. He'd prove himself to that cocky Gundam punk by defeating this foe. He swapped the more powerful Halberd Launcher for the faster Gun Rapier and opened fire. Many weak blue beams streaked forth.

The GN Ginn HM2 used technology from the Aheads in it's design and could match them in mobility. This of course was demonstrated very clearly as Icer began to weave with small quick bursts of orange particles. He managed to escape unharmed, quite a feat considering his adversary was a newtype and the weapon he was facing had a high rate of fire. Icer fired twice as he exited the stream of fire and then stowed his gun as his hand went for the blade on his hip.

Snow's lip curled in agitation as by some 'miracle' his Foe had weaved through his fire and retaliated. 'who the hell is this guy?' Snow was forced to stop firing to evade and during those moments the GN Ginn HM2 closed and with a quick draw sliced the Gun Rapier in two. Snow cursed as he discarded the useless remnants of his weapon and went for the Laser Sword which, contrary to it's name, was a rather ordinary green beam blade. He pulled back and took a defensive stance waiting for Icer to attack.

Now it was Icer's turn to note a sense of familiarity. That stance reminded him of something. Icer wasn't sure why but he was reminded of his early days with the Fandom. He didn't let that stop him. He slashed at his foe with speed and precision. His foe parried but there was definitely an 'imperfection' to the action, some lack of 'Grace'. Even so Icer recognized something of the maneuver.

-Ahead 1-

the first ahead was fighting off the Huckebeins that attacked it. One on one the Ahead would have flown circles around the Huckebeins but two on one the Ahead was struggling to match the DC machines. Neither side was making much progress.

-Sadalahn-

The Ship was doing it's best to hold off the Huckebein's with its array of laser guns but shots from Rectangular Launchers and Photon rifles wer slowly knocking these weapons out.

"Captain Icer, we can't hold out much longer!"

-Team 2-

The Ahead fighting Hellbore did something most unexpected, as the Cannon built up energy The Ahead surged forward it's shield raised and tried to cover the torso weapon. Worst case his arm would be lost, best case he'd ruin his foes weapon and be in range for a stab.

The Second GN-X III wasn't as slow as his now dead comrade He mngaed to weave through the first shots as his lance rifle blazed after one of the four Dragoons.

-team 3-

The third team moved to intercept the Huckebeins that had joined Hellbore.

hellbore

- Hellbore -

((I'm not sure if the shield could block the Callidus. It was badly damaged by Exia's beam gun in S2E1, which was a fairly weak weapon))

Mindful of the danger that the Ahead was posing at rushed him, but suddenly unable to think, Hellbore fires the fully charged multi-phase beam cannon point blank at the red mobile suit.

As the lone GN-X tried to track one fast moving DRAGOON, the other three re-grouped behind and fired twice, each from different angles.

- Huckebein Mk II Ms (how many?)-

The Huckebein squad sent to support Hellbore raised their Photon Rifles and fired at the advancing Fandom squad and fired twice each at the red machines.
Sume Gai

Killian Icer/Hendor Snow

Icer's Brow furrowed trying to figure out why this style was so... familiar. Again Icer slashed and again he was blocked; though this second blow had been more of a test than a real attack. Suddenly icer realized why this fencing style was familiar, it was the same one he'd started out using so long ago, the style Captain Rishu had taught him and the rest of the squad. Icer knew of only three people other than himself who fought like this and all of them were listed as KIA. Icer opened a public channel as he pulled away from the Ashsaber. "DC pilot. Identify yourself!"

the response took less than a moment and was accompanied by a charge which Icer parried with surprising ease, drawing his foe into a pushing match. "I won't give my name to one of Sterling's Dogs"

That confirmed it. Icer couldn't mistake the rough and aggressive voice of a man he'd thought long dead. the second in command he'd looked up to in his early days. "Lt. Commander Hendor Snow?"

At this, almost as if in conformation, the Ashsaber stopped trying to push it's way through the GN Ginn HM2's defenses. Hendor was caught in a moment of uncertainty;allegiances and objectives seemed to fight each other in his head. "It's me Commander, Killian Icer. I thought you were dead!"

Hendor's mind finally connected the dots. This pilot was 'the 'kid' from back then, from the time he'd been a Dog of Sterling himself. He'd known that the kid had made it but never expected him to have survived this long much less have improved to this degree. Hendor couldn't help but chuckle as he put some distance between the pair.

"so you're still alive kid? Good for you. Now get out of the way if you don't want to be cut down." The Ashsaber raised it's blade threateningly

"Lt. commander? Why are you with the DC?" the GN Ginn lowered its Sword clearly Icer wanted to talk. Yet even so he didn't move aside

"I don't think you'd understand, now move!" The Ashsaber tightened it's grip.

"but what about your brother?"

"What about him? people like him are why I'm doing this."

"but he's joined up, if he were here instead of me would you still-"

"I know he'd listen if i told him to move."

"But-"

"Listen I'm fighting against the Fandom now; your 'buts' won't change that." there was a finality to Hendor's words; an unshakable resolve .

-Ahead 1-

The Ahead had been doing well until a lucky shot had destroyed his rifle forcing him to switch to a beam saber. Now the two Huckebeins had begun attacking in turn neither letting the Ahead close with his partner. Much to the Fandom pilot's frustration. at this rate he'd soon be beaten by the slow accumulation of damages.

-Team 2-
((It didn't need to... Go ahead and finish them just be sure to give the Ahead a good show))

The Ahead didn't close quite fast enough and it's pilot grimaced as the majority of his left arm was removed by the two color beam. He didn't hesitate his boosters and left arm were still alright and as such he continued his short advance and thrust his saber towards the lower torso of the Freedom thinking the cockpit was there.

The GN-X III meanwhile continued it's futile resistance trying to shoot down at least one dragoon one of it's legs was removed as the Blue weapons flitted to and fro behind him. He was doing his best but it was clearly not good enough.

-Team 3-

the last group was engaged in a heated battle with the four Huckebeins and nether group was making much headway.

-Sadalahn-

The captain groaned as the ship shook and a tenth laser turret was removed from it's hulll. Franrtc reports flew around him.

"Sir damage index has surpassed 37%"
"the port side is barely covered anymore"
"some one get team three to section 6!"

The captain knew how this fight was going to end if it continued.

"fire retreat flares We've done all we can we're getting out of here!"

hellbore

- Hellbore -

The Ahead continued to close, despite losing it's left arm, and now had a beam saber pointed directly at him. Firing the Voiture Lumiere thrusters the Freedom shot down below the Ahead, and as the enemy suit corrected to follow, Hellbore led it to one of the larger fragments around the shoal zone that hid the DC space dock and disappeared from the Ahead's view around its curvature. Thinking the DC pilot was trying to go around the asteroid to attack him from behind, the Fandom pilot started around the other way, but before even going halfway, the Ahead detected an enemy coming from above.

By going over the asteroid, Hellbore had surprised the Fandom pilot with the Freedom's extreme speed. Drawing one of is own beam sabers, Hellbore drew back the arm to strike, and as the Ahead tried to parry with his own saber, he ignited the beam shield on the left arm, caught the blow and sank the beam saber deep into the red mobile suits chest and pulled up, incinerating the cockpit and cutting the suit's head in two. As the Ahead exploded in cloud of purple smoke and red GN particles, Hellbore sqeezeed his eyes tightly shut. He had faintly felt the Fandom pilot die and though it disturbed him, he shrugged it off thinking, This isn't the first man I've killed, I won't let it get to me now.

Meanwhile the DRAGOONs had whittled the GN-X down to a torso and head. Still trying to desperately defend himself with the suits GN vulcans, the Fandom pilot didn't even see the DRAGOON as it fired from below and through the cockpit unit, killing him instantly. Now without control the GN-XIII was quickly destroyed by the remote weapons, before they returned to their mounts on the Freedom.

- Huckebeins -

The team was being hard pressed by the GN mobile suits and most had some minor damage. Firing their Photon Rifles and Rectangle Launchers at the Fandom team, they sudddenly saw on their dispalys an allied unit coming in at high speed. Their radios suddeny cracked to life and all heard the same message, Huckebein team, this his Hellbore of the EX Freedom, take cover."

As he came in range, Hellbore brough the Freedom to a halt and brought up the multi-targetter computer. The quantum computer quickly locked onto the Fandom suits and the four DRAGOONs spit out to surround him, one above, one below and one on each side, the hip-mounted Xiphias 3 rail cannons folded out and the Balaena II plasma beam cannons flipped over the shoulders. After a pause to prime all his weapons, Hellbore called, "Full Burst Mode!" and all ten weapons arc out toward the Fandom team with the Callidus cannon firing quickly after, taking slightly longer to charge.
Sume Gai

(th-th-that's all folks!)
-team 3-

The group saw the Freedom coming moments after the retreat flares reacting quickly one of the GN-X III's threw it's Anti Beam grenade. Most of the barrage was neutralized and the bit that was left was either not a danger or greatly weakened. the unit that threw the grenade lost the use of it's right arm and leg to the weakened Plasma cannons but the rest of the group managed to dodge the weapons that broke through.

They began to make a beeline to the retreating ship as it provided cover fire.

Killian Icer/Hendor Snow

The tension between the two was almost palpable. Icer didn't want to fight his old commander, but... if he was going to disrespect Captain Rishu by joining the group that killed him, Snow deserved no quarter. Icer found a simmering anger was growing within him as he glared at the image of the traitor using the style that Master Rishu had dedicated to the Sterling. family to the Fandom. Just as Icer readied his weapon and was prepared to fight He saw the flares coming from the Sadalahn. The ship was pulling away from the shoal zone, all guns ablaze.

"looks like your friends are leaving, Go crawl back to Sterling and like Her boots clean."

Had Icer been a less level headed person he might have attacked at such an insult. As it was though the traitor's words only irritated him. He began to pull back drawing his Beam Carbine to cover himself should Snow chose to follow.

"Next we meet Commander Snow... I won't let you go; you'll face judgment for disrespecting Master Rishu."

-Ahead 1-

the Ahead fighting two Huckebeins finally made his move. Out of frustration he charged one at full speed closing the gap before it's pilot could react properly he slashed cutting through the rectangular launcher and attempting to stab into the chest. The huckebein Pilot managed to adjust just enough that the Ahead stabbed it's head instead. The Blinded Huckebein grabbed blindly and managed to restrain the Ahead before it could free it's saber. The other huckebein took this chance to charge in and draw it's saber. With a neat stab the GN Drive and the pilot were skewered

-Sadalahn-

another two laser turrets were destroyed before the ship finally caught a break a lucky shot from a surviving turret disarmed the Huckebein using a Photon Rifle. forceing him and his partner to fall back.

hellbore

- Hellbore -

Once again cursing the anti-beam grenades, Hellbore continued harrying the retreating Fandom mecha with shots from the rail cannons. The shots mostly went wide, but were mostly for show anyway. The Huckebein team moved up to take positions around and and keeping watch out for any tricks waited for the bloodied Fandom force to leave before returning to base.
Sume Gai

Killian Icer

There were no tricks other than covering fire and a few GN flares fired to keep the enemies from following. the Fandom force pulled away Bloodlied but alive.

Icer mean while prepared a transmission to a certain someone on earth. Though it'd be delayed and one way he wanted it sent as soon as possible.

-Hendor Snow-

Snow scoffed at the retreating Fandom. They hadn't even been good enough to warrant a test of the Sword breakers.

"Some new models. Sterling's dogs are so easy to beat down"

though he kept a tough face news of his brother on the battlefield troubled him. He knew that if he tried to contact Martin it would mean his family would be in danger but he wanted to warn his brother to tell him he was fighting for the wrong side.

Strike Zero

- Earth Orbit -
- Alexandria-class carrier -
- Bridge -

How miserable.

The bridge of the Alexandria class cruiser was dark, set to a low-power prowling state, the only light available being the light that glistened off the planet Earth's surface. It illuminated the bridge somewhat, and cast an aqua-blue sheen over the surface of the full-body suit of iron armor that belonged to the man who stood gazing out the ship's wide forward view screen.

Standing as still as a statue, arms folded over his broad chest, Hanzo stoically gazed upon the Earth's rolling mountains and flowing seas. The place that was soon to become his battleground once again.

A metallic sigh reverberated from behind his metal face-plate.

"How miserable," he repeated, this time aloud.

A low hiss indicated the parting of the bridge door behind him.

"And what do you find so miserable, dear Hanzo?" came the coo of a tender voice.

Hanzo didn't move. He did not need to look to recognize the one who had just entered.

"Our forces who have engaged the Gundam team thus far. For us to be called out to do battle... their strength and integrity both must be nothing short of miserable."

Gabriel laughed, stroking a lock of his shimmering, golden hair. "But surely, you're not unhappy?"

"Well... I did not say the situation was a miserable one, after all..."

With slender strides of smoothness and grace, Gabriel moved forward to join Hanzo at his side and rested a hand on his hip, gazing down towards the planet as well.

"Oh, I hope we get there soon..." the pale man pined. "I'm just dying to get a piece of those Gundam pilots for myself... the others have just been hogging those fine pieces to themselves all this time..."

"Spare me your petty depravity, Gabriel," Hanzo replied coldly. "I am not in the mood to bear to your ceaseless perverseness."

"Tee hee... why whatever do you mean, Hanzo?" Gabriel charmed. "What harm is there in allowing me to indulge in my little pleasures?"

"There is harm to be found when those pleasures turn beastly and barbaric."

"Oh...?" Gabriel leaned in closer to Hanzo, smiling deviously. "And you mean to say... that you are also not such a barbarian?"

Whether he had no reply, or simply refused to give one, Hanzo remained silent.

Gabriel gave a light huff, then turned to look at the far left corner behind him.

"What do you think, Diablous? Isn't Hanzo a barbarian just like us?"

The question was met with only a vibrating growl and a rustle of chains as the armored figure that resided crouched in the corner gave his usual unintelligible reply and shook in the iron bindings that held his arms together. Diablous lifted his gaze up at the pair near the window. A single, throbbing yellow eye stared out at them from behind Diablous' hideous mask. Three more deep grunts escaped the beast's throat.

Gabriel chuckled. "See? He agrees with me."

The slender man turned back to the window and rested a hand on Hanzo's shoulder, then lightly leaned against the taller man.

"Isn't it wonderful, Hanzo? Diablous? We finally get chance to fight again."

Though annoyed at his fellow Reaper's proximity, Hanzo did not wish to spare the energy that would be needed to send him away. Instead, he merely kept his tone level and replied, "Indeed."

Gabriel sighed and gazed deeply into tapestry of colors beneath him. "I'm so looking forward to it... looking forward..."

His lips parted in a small, elated grin.

"...to the Bloody Rain..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.