Rick Dias and Nemo

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: Rick Dias and Nemo

MythSearcher wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:05 am Considering most of the final mass-production units are still designed and developed by AE (all those RGM), I'd say they are still pretty competent, just that EF isn't competent enough to pay for better toys.
True, but from the POV of SNRI (which were researchers then), Heavygun is such a disappointment both for lacking of new technology and long development. And that's what make SNRI beleive they can do better. Of course, it's later turn out that SNRI is too much of optimist as their manufacture line isn't even ready when the Federation order those G-Cannon, require them to work with Anaheim.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 pm True, but from the POV of SNRI (which were researchers then), Heavygun is such a disappointment both for lacking of new technology and long development. And that's what make SNRI beleive they can do better. Of course, it's later turn out that SNRI is too much of optimist as their manufacture line isn't even ready when the Federation order those G-Cannon, require them to work with Anaheim.
Yeah, from the POV of SNRI that's true. Probably from the POV of those pesky EF politicians and EFF higher ups with no technological backgrounds as well.
They did mass-produced F91, but I doubt that is in any sense mass-production with the size and national strength of EF because they hold no significance in their overall military power.(even if we are really generous and estimate they manufactured 100 units)
Kuruni

And for once it's how good deed come back to bite their ass. IIRC, they have to cancel Flint's sale because the machine is associated with CV pirates. Then they made the Record Breaker and it end with complete disaster (can't blame them for this one though).
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:21 am And for once it's how good deed come back to bite their ass. IIRC, they have to cancel Flint's sale because the machine is associated with CV pirates. Then they made the Record Breaker and it end with complete disaster (can't blame them for this one though).
They basically tried to replicate what AE did to deal with both sides, just that they are not that big of a company and thus can't take that much hits.
Mafty

Ironically the most "Success" SNRI had was when one of their branches was taken over by Zanscare in the UC 150s; that led to better innovation, and more powerful mass produced units. Of course the Gundams still proved to be the most powerful, and it was made ( or funded, it's not exactly clear) by Anaheim. Really the best result is to skip scaling down units and simply mass produce the Gundams outright, which is something that SNRI and AE tried in limited numbers with the F91/Crossbone and Victory Gundam respectivly.
MythSearcher

Mafty wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:00 pm Ironically the most "Success" SNRI had was when one of their branches was taken over by Zanscare in the UC 150s; that led to better innovation, and more powerful mass produced units. Of course the Gundams still proved to be the most powerful, and it was made ( or funded, it's not exactly clear) by Anaheim. Really the best result is to skip scaling down units and simply mass produce the Gundams outright, which is something that SNRI and AE tried in limited numbers with the F91/Crossbone and Victory Gundam respectivly.
That got me into thinking. I know AE and SNRI are both involved in V2, but what about V?
It seems like LM was at least funded by AE and SNRI, yet it seems like they only made specific mention about V2 being developed by the two and I can't recall seeing anything about the development of V.
Mafty

It's not clear exactly who made the Victory series. Background detail show the League Militaire built the suits in factories on Earth (namely Central Europe), but who actually made them is unclear. However I do remember reading somewhere that Uso's family was from Side 2 originally and fled (Shakti has this as part of her backstory, though a lot of it is only really hinted at; i.e. how long she was with Maria, who raised her on earth, etc.). Add to that Uso's mother Myra is shown to have designed to V2, and the story becomes clearer. It seems as though Uso's parents worked for SNRI in Side 2; fled to Earth at some unspecified time in the past, and later joined the resistance. So it seems to be that Anaheim probably funded the League Militaire; while former engineers from SNRI designed and constructed the units, in secret factories on Earth and the Moon.
MythSearcher

Mafty wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:42 am It's not clear exactly who made the Victory series. Background detail show the League Militaire built the suits in factories on Earth (namely Central Europe), but who actually made them is unclear. However I do remember reading somewhere that Uso's family was from Side 2 originally and fled (Shakti has this as part of her backstory, though a lot of it is only really hinted at; i.e. how long she was with Maria, who raised her on earth, etc.). Add to that Uso's mother Myra is shown to have designed to V2, and the story becomes clearer. It seems as though Uso's parents worked for SNRI in Side 2; fled to Earth at some unspecified time in the past, and later joined the resistance. So it seems to be that Anaheim probably funded the League Militaire; while former engineers from SNRI designed and constructed the units, in secret factories on Earth and the Moon.
If it is on the moon, then AE is highly likely involved as AE's Anaheim isn't the California one, but a city on the Moon.(and obviously they are very influential on the Moon overall)
JEFFPIATT

Kuruni wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:32 am
MythSearcher wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:25 pm.
SNRI seems to be more of a "if we are funding someone, might as well be our own guys" type of mentality.
Huh? I think SNRI become manufacturer themselves when they realize how Anaheim become incompetent as a developer, after they took so long to made the Heavygun and it's essentially just a smaller Jegan.
the RGM-109 Heavygun is basically the same concept as the RGM-86R Nouvel GM III but actually sold as a new model. AE basically took the RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type refit kit and built a new smaller modern body around those parts.that was very much not what SNRI was going for but it probally was cheaper because they could keep parts of the current Jegan lines open and only change some toolings. oddly the profile for the Normal type brings up that it is so old it still has Arm Raker controls so none of the UC 100 refits we see were converted from the D type there all A types.
Mafty

That being said the Heavygun does seem to preform better than the older models, particularly in terms of mobility. For instance Birgit Pirjo's unit manages to survive multiple encounters with the Crossbone Vanguard , and even manages to destroy several new, powerful units. Compare this to the older Jeagan units which are largely destroyed upon their first contact with the Crossbone Vanguard.
MythSearcher

The Heavygun is newer by 2 decades after all.
If anything, AE is very good at upgrading their mass production line with newest technology.
RXF-91 was actually at least similar in performance than F91 and with some better technologies, even when they couldn't really replicate everything on the F91's blueprints. Shows how AE is still much more capable than SNRI at the time and basically created a cheaper alternative of the F91(without the biocomputer, hence exactly what the F91 did for mass production)
In terms of the VSBR, they also took into account the less stable nature of it and integrated a regular beam rifle to the RXF-91 version, and also later have updated version of it being better. They also make the GBRD for the RX-99 showing how they actually improved things on the go.
False Prophet

Speaking of the arm raker of the Jegan, didn't the Jegan Type D changed it back to the good old sticks, and the retrofitted Gustav Karl from Hathaway had a cockpit that looked a lot like the ones on Zeta-era suits?
yazi88

I think we are getting off topic with Jegans and Anaheim decline in latter UC...

Best to make other threads for these things.