The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Chris
Administrator

The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

You know what to do.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

They do indeed. I eagerly await the pictures and technical details.

But those Zeon and Recongista suits. O__O Mad love for those, especially the leader's Griamore.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Dark Duel

I'm actually not a huge fan of most of the mech designs I've seen on the site or in the prologue so far. That GM III variant isn't too bad, but I really don't like...well, any of the three 00-based designs.
And that Kapool is just weird. I mean, I get that they're going for something cutesy like they did with the Beargguy in GPB and GBF, but I think it doesn't work nearly as well with the Kapool compared to the Acguy, IMO.
As for the AGE-2 variant...well, I'm biased, because AGE-2 is one of my favorites of the later-AU Gundam designs. But, apart from the Sword Bits(I'm not a fan of remote weapons in general), I do quite like that one. I especially like the slight redesign of the upper armor panels of the rifle.
The Grimoire...Well, TBQH I'm not wild about G-Reco's designs in general, though the Grimoire is one of the more interesting ones IMO. But I do quite like the mod to the legs with the sub-arm/blade weapons built into the knee. That's pretty cool.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
BrentD15

It's great to see a Capule join the main cast, and to see G-Reco get some recognition. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Zeonista

HGBD Gundam Age II Magnum: Definitely an ace commander's Gundam. Cool dark-and-white color scheme too.
HGBD Gundam 00 Diver: Yeah yeah, the Gundam hero's MS is a melee monster, we get it. However, having decided that, it plays to its strengths as fast & hard hitting. The model kit is minimal, so this one will get upgraded a lot.
HGBD Grimoire Red Beret: Build Divers dares to present a G-Reco MS and make it awesome! Calling it "Red Beret" just so we can't miss the anime reference, the MS is a performer at all ranges. A tilt rotor backpack allows for some extra weapons and flight options for an atmospheric stage.
HGBD Momo Kapool: It's a kawai Kapool, cheerfully working the Bearguy angle into a penguin-theme for all it's worth. You cannot resist the kawai mode! :D
HGBD GM III Beam Master: Well, someone has to fly cover for the Heroic Haxxor and the Zeon Penguin! Missiles, a plug 'n play rifle, and Seventies Corvette paint scheme, it's the MS for Feddy Punks to follow.
HGBD Ogre GN-X: Boy, this thing is a real frankenmech with a bit of many AU MS in its build. But hey, it is proof that Build Divers are what you want them to be.
HGBD Seravee Gundam Scheherezade: It has "hidden effects" which means transforming capabilities and beam weapons! The bazooka looks pretty nifty too. (The HG kit is gonna be runners galore. :P)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kuruni

Zeonista wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm Calling it "Red Beret" just so we can't miss the anime reference
There's G-Arms anime? I known that Command Gundam appear in SD Gundam Scramble short and later GBF, but I don't think the series itself or the Red Beret Gundam ever get animated.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Kuruni wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:30 pm
Zeonista wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm Calling it "Red Beret" just so we can't miss the anime reference
There's G-Arms anime? I known that Command Gundam appear in SD Gundam Scramble short and later GBF, but I don't think the series itself or the Red Beret Gundam ever get animated.
No, the whole paint job, including the infamous Red Shoulder, is a VOTOMS reference.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Wingnut wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 am
No, the whole paint job, including the infamous Red Shoulder, is a VOTOMS reference.
And the name, red head, remote robot, and oversize rifle is Red Beret reference. I atually think it's mixed of two, Red Beret Gundam just happen to be more obscure.
Zeonista

Kuruni wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:41 am
Wingnut wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 am

And the name, red head, remote robot, and oversize rifle is Red Beret reference. I atually think it's mixed of two, Red Beret Gundam just happen to be more obscure.
Knowing the GBF series writers, both references are possible and probably deliberate. The whole Gundam/Sunrise mecha trivial pursuit angle is part of the fun, of course! :D (I went for the VOTOMS reference too.)

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Arsarcana

Zeonista wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm HGBD Grimoire Red Beret: Build Divers dares to present a G-Reco MS and make it awesome! Calling it "Red Beret" just so we can't miss the anime reference, the MS is a performer at all ranges. A tilt rotor backpack allows for some extra weapons and flight options for an atmospheric stage.
I love the combination Green Beret/VOTOMS reference and the leg weapons but those 'Minimoire' heads...
HGBD GM III Beam Master: Well, someone has to fly cover for the Heroic Haxxor and the Zeon Penguin! Missiles, a plug 'n play rifle, and Seventies Corvette paint scheme, it's the MS for Feddy Punks to follow.
My first thought is that it's what happens when the GM III and the Gunleon have a baby. And given how much I like the GM III, I'm all for that.
HGBD Ogre GN-X: Boy, this thing is a real frankenmech with a bit of many AU MS in its build. But hey, it is proof that Build Divers are what you want them to be.
I am the Arcanna Siren and I approve of these beam spikes.
HGBD Seravee Gundam Scheherezade: It has "hidden effects" which means transforming capabilities and beam weapons! The bazooka looks pretty nifty too. (The HG kit is gonna be runners galore. :P)
Yeah, it's got the bits hanging off the rear skirt armor that resemble Raphael Dominions' setup and which are transparently part of a second machine. They also appear to be able to attach to the Scheherezade's legs. Dunno what that's supposed to do aside from make the machine taller but it's a Build series so the only limit is the writers' imagination.

EDIT: It also belaitedly occurs to me that between its 'Container Beam' pods and the bit sticking out the back, it's obviously drawing elements from the Ptolemaios as well. Dunno how I didn't see that before...
Last edited by Arsarcana on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuruni

Zeonista wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm HGBD Momo Kapool: It's a kawai Kapool, cheerfully working the Bearguy angle into a penguin-theme for all it's worth. You cannot resist the kawai mode! :D
Fun note, people in certain SRW community think that its colors and eyes is possibly reference to Final Fantasy mage.
Kuruni

Oh yes, right. Forgot that FF has White Mage instead of cleric.
SonicSP

Not a big fan of Seravee Scheherazade's color but I guess if it transforms into an MA similar to the Assault Container in 00 Season 1, it would be justified.

In fact, it looks like what happens if you take an Assault Container and make a MS out of it a little.

Ah reminds of the good old days when we were discussing Seravee's secret mode when it was revealed. Cos we know it had one and that huge backpack with a face really adds fuels to the flame.
Zeonista

Kuruni wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 pm
Zeonista wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm HGBD Momo Kapool: It's a kawai Kapool, cheerfully working the Bearguy angle into a penguin-theme for all it's worth. You cannot resist the kawai mode! :D
Fun note, people in certain SRW community think that its colors and eyes is possibly reference to Final Fantasy mage.
I do see the resemblance, and the deployable (?) pilot tyypes are also reminiscent. It wouldn't be surprising if Momo was influenced by standard JRPG games and thus latched onto the Kapool. Also continues the GBF tradition of reaching out to general non-otaku fans/viewers.

SonicSP: You may be on to something with the Seravee Sczheherezade's hidden abilities. If the original Gundam had a hidden capability, this one will have something too, albeit something a little different just to keep us all from being complacent stat-nerds! :D

Kuruni

Found this blog post from 2011, showing Red Beret Gundam with red shoulder armors. Again, I think Red Beret Grimoire is mixed reference of Red Beret Gundam and Scopedog Red Shoulder custom, it's just kind of suck that Red Beret Gundam's reference is mostly ignored.

Also, here's manual scan for AGE II Magnum. I just noticed that it's Age II and not Age-2, even model number say AGE-IIMG.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the after-episode commercial spoils all of the upgrades that the 00Diver is going to get. Thanks for keeping the surprise, Bandai.....
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

They gotta sell their plastic crack, man.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zeonista

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:38 pm Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the after-episode commercial spoils all of the upgrades that the 00Diver is going to get. Thanks for keeping the surprise, Bandai.....
Not too much of a surprise, though. OO Diver was so basic we knew they would have many upgrade parts, and probably at least 2 before episode 10.

Fans of SD Gundam will have a good time, what with the Kaguya-Hime version and Shinobi version bouncing around.

yazi88

Kind of surprised this thread isn't as active lately...

Episode 3 did something cool with the Age 2 Magnum having the Dark Hound parts over it. I thought the "Dark Hound" seemed off when I first saw it cause it had extra binders on it which matched the number on the Magnum, IIRC I think the eyes and the handle of the rifle/lancer was a different too.