The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.

Moderators: ShadowCell, SNT1, mcred23, EZero8

Arsarcana
OMG Doomsday Laser

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Post by Arsarcana » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:49 pm

balofo wrote:-1/100 Gusion description says it comes with parts for 2 not yet revealed weapons and more hidden gimmicks. Maybe the shoulder armor double as knuckle guards but I have no idea for the other hidden gimmicks. Its firearm is called submachinegun here.
So between everything we've seen including Option Set 3 it's got a handheld SMG, head vulcans, some sort of torso-mounted weapons (more machine guns?), the 'Gusion Chopper', 'Gusion Hammer' and 'Gusion Axe' and that's still not everything?! Wow.

balofo
Universe Destroying Robot

Post by balofo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 pm

yeah the description mentions it's fully loaded of play value. Its price is double of the 1/100 Barbatos&Graze ones.

I'm starting to believe it either can cast off its armor or at least the legs unfold to the normal Gundam Frame size.

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:36 am

I really would love a cast armor ability. I go crazy for that kind of stuff.

Calubin_175
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Calubin_175 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:49 am

That broad sword for the Graze just made my day.

MayflyOfSpace
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by MayflyOfSpace » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:50 am

Some new model kit teasers today:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/11/g ... -high.html

So, we've got the silhouettes for the upgraded Graze Kai, and that new unknown MS that we have already scene a rough mock up of. We also still have that completely unknown and unseen MS (that is possibly an upgraded Barbatos or a new gundam-type) and then we have something rather curious: the 'MS C', which appears to just be the Gundam frame used for the Barbatos. It sits at a higher price point than even the base Barbatos kit, so we can reasonably assume that it isn't just the frame, but we must also wonder if maybe they are just using that silhouette as a stand in. But then why use a stand in for a teaser silhouette? Seems kind of strange.

Eclipse36
Mecha Flunky

Post by Eclipse36 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:52 pm

MayflyOfSpace wrote:Some new model kit teasers today:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/11/g ... -high.html

So, we've got the silhouettes for the upgraded Graze Kai, and that new unknown MS that we have already scene a rough mock up of. We also still have that completely unknown and unseen MS (that is possibly an upgraded Barbatos or a new gundam-type) and then we have something rather curious: the 'MS C', which appears to just be the Gundam frame used for the Barbatos. It sits at a higher price point than even the base Barbatos kit, so we can reasonably assume that it isn't just the frame, but we must also wonder if maybe they are just using that silhouette as a stand in. But then why use a stand in for a teaser silhouette? Seems kind of strange.

Maybe the MS C is a new frame for the silhouette of the possibly new Gundam type ms we haven't seen yet

balofo

Post by balofo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:39 pm

1/100 Barbatos manual info(new text only):

-Gundam Barbatos: Currently, 26 machines including the Barbatos have also been confirmed to remain in existence; its rarity can be said to be extremely high. Because it's a MS from the previous era, when Mikazuki Augus first boarded it the armor and such were also in a peeling off state, however by Teiwaz technicians it recovered the form from 300 years ago.
-Ahab Reactor: it received an overhaul maintenance by Teiwaz technicians, reactor output improved. The 2 Ahab Reactors' rate of operation increased, Barbatos' original performance was approached. To Mikazaki Augus who pilots through the medium of the Alaya Vijnana System, reaching the point that a behavior closer to one's senses is reproducible.
-Backpack arm: extremely flexible structure that has been adopted for armament attachment. It's possible to equip armaments regardless of them being exclusive use, the smoothbore gun for example is used while mounted.
-Long Sword: grip for the long sword that has been adopted to match the Barbatos' manipulators. It was improved in order to keep kinetic energy loss to a minimum.
-Smoothbore Gun: Smoothbore Gun's caliber: 300mm. Machinegun attached to the Smoothbore Gun's caliber: 60mm.

*MS C: I doubt it's just a solo release of a high detailed Gundam Frame. It must be either a new Gundam or a new form/upgrade to an existing one, thus being spoilerific

MayflyOfSpace
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by MayflyOfSpace » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:17 pm

balofo wrote:*MS C: I doubt it's just a solo release of a high detailed Gundam Frame. It must be either a new Gundam or a new form/upgrade to an existing one, thus being spoilerific
That's what I'm guessing. Or maybe perhaps it's another Barbatos kit, but this time with all its weapons/ parts taken from other mobile suits. The latter might be unreasonable, but I wouldn't put it past Bandai.

balofo

Post by balofo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 am

Preliminary info on Amida's Hyakuren: it's a part of the first 9 machines produced called Single Numbers and it has better performance than the general Hyakuren.

I wonder if will have a different model number

kabukigang777
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by kabukigang777 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:01 am

balofo wrote:1/100 Barbatos manual info(new text only):

-Gundam Barbatos: Currently, 26 machines including the Barbatos have also been confirmed to remain in existence; its rarity can be said to be extremely high. Because it's a MS from the previous era, when Mikazuki Augus first boarded it the armor and such were also in a peeling off state, however by Teiwaz technicians it recovered the form from 300 years ago.
-Ahab Reactor: it received an overhaul maintenance by Teiwaz technicians, reactor output improved. The 2 Ahab Reactors' rate of operation increased, Barbatos' original performance was approached. To Mikazaki Augus who pilots through the medium of the Alaya Vijnana System, reaching the point that a behavior closer to one's senses is reproducible.
-Backpack arm: extremely flexible structure that has been adopted for armament attachment. It's possible to equip armaments regardless of them being exclusive use, the smoothbore gun for example is used while mounted.
-Long Sword: grip for the long sword that has been adopted to match the Barbatos' manipulators. It was improved in order to keep kinetic energy loss to a minimum.
-Smoothbore Gun: Smoothbore Gun's caliber: 300mm. Machinegun attached to the Smoothbore Gun's caliber: 60mm.

*MS C: I doubt it's just a solo release of a high detailed Gundam Frame. It must be either a new Gundam or a new form/upgrade to an existing one, thus being spoilerific
to me the MS-C is a fix gundam frame like the shoulder suspension im exited.

balofo

Post by balofo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:01 am

Preliminary info on Amida's Hyakuren: it's a part of the first 9 machines produced called Single Numbers and it has better performance than the general Hyakuren.
If MS C was just the Gundam Frame there would be no reason to hide it. The silhouette pic is exactly like the Gundam Frame lineart available.

Anyway Gusion is confirmed to have an overall height of around 18m, same as Barbatos.

It seems to me MS D arm shields can rotate like the Flag's Defense Rods.

**I didn't mention it before but the Graze's shield can be mounted on the special shoulder rack for the bazooka

kabukigang777
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by kabukigang777 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:03 am

balofo wrote:
If MS C was just the Gundam Frame there would be no reason to hide it. The silhouette pic is exactly like the Gundam Frame lineart available.

Anyway Gusion is confirmed to have an overall height of around 18m, same as Barbatos.

It seems to me MS D arm shields can rotate like the Flag's Defense Rods.

**I didn't mention it before but the Graze's shield can be mounted on the special shoulder rack for the bazooka
we guys already see the MS-d right?thats the new enemy suit,Ms-b is the 4th gundam or guison 2nd form,the gundam frame maybe the upgrade ver of the original have plan to buy kimaris and use that MS-C frame,source for MS-D http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qZlErh5fLEw/V ... 0341_n.jpg

Arsarcana
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Arsarcana » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:37 pm

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say...

kabukigang777
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by kabukigang777 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Arsarcana wrote:I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say...
what im trying to say is my prediction of the unknown MS and the face of MS-d,the gundam frame RG style its for six form barbatos.

Eclipse36
Mecha Flunky

Post by Eclipse36 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:49 pm

I highly doubt the ms-b is a second form of gusion. My bet is going for a Barbatos upgrade but it could also be a new Gundam. Does anyone know how many forms Barbatos has throughout the whole season?

MayflyOfSpace
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by MayflyOfSpace » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:44 am

Eclipse36 wrote: Does anyone know how many forms Barbatos has throughout the whole season?
There have been four so far. Form 1 is equipped with the mace in the bracer. Form 2 is equipped with the Graze shoulder armor, and the smoothbore cannon. Form 3 is equipped with the Graze shoulders, the Schwalbe Graze grappling claw, and the mace, I believe. Form 4 is the Teiwaz upgrade with the Barbatos's original shoulders and the sword.

It bother's me that they are referred to as different 'forms', when they are really just different equipment loadouts, but oh well.

Eclipse36
Mecha Flunky

Post by Eclipse36 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:22 am

Yeah I've been aware of those four and with that ms-c silhouette being called form six that's confirmation of there being six forms so far. I agree though I dont know why theyre called forms when one or two small things have changed.Like changing shoulder armor isn't much. Or leaving everything alone and just adding something to the forearm is hardly anything.

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:29 am

MayflyOfSpace wrote:
Eclipse36 wrote: Does anyone know how many forms Barbatos has throughout the whole season?
There have been four so far. Form 1 is equipped with the mace in the bracer. Form 2 is equipped with the Graze shoulder armor, and the smoothbore cannon. Form 3 is equipped with the Graze shoulders, the Schwalbe Graze grappling claw, and the mace, I believe. Form 4 is the Teiwaz upgrade with the Barbatos's original shoulders and the sword.

It bother's me that they are referred to as different 'forms', when they are really just different equipment loadouts, but oh well.

We don't know for sure whether that is Barbatos yet though, even if it looks like it.

I think the only change from Form 2 to 3 is that Barbatos' Gauntlet is substituted for the Schwalbe grappling hook.

Also, form as a word may refer to a specific configuration.
Last edited by SonicSP on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eclipse36
Mecha Flunky

Post by Eclipse36 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:31 am

SonicSP wrote:We don't know for sure whether that is Barbatos yet though, even if it looks like it.

Also, form as a word may refer to configurations so it fits.

Nah it's Barbatos gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/12/hg-1144-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans.html?m=1

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:38 am

Was the Barbatos name actually mentioned there though in the source material or did they just say MS-C and MS-D (because HG 1/144 MS-C/D is all I can gather from a quick look)? I mean it probabaly is Barbatos given the extreme similarity to the Gundam Frame lineart, which we know but the kit hasn't been officially confirmed as Barbatos yet.