Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 10/24/2014 - My Best Post E

The current title of my topic says it all.

From the photoshop world of Frankening, to the modeling world of Google Sketchup...

I've finally jumped my products from on the screen into reality.

Turinu finally got one of his 3D models printed and it's the most awesome thing ever.... to him.

Best. Post. Ever.
Ryujin

Well, damn.

This certainly puts an added dimension to everything.
Spoiler
Pun intended. :lol:
Turinu

It does open up a wide range of possibilities...

Not only can I get my own models printed, but I can potentially design models for others given plenty of time (I'm lazy) and details and get them printed. It's awesome having a nearby 3D printing shop, :o

This one cost $168.10 (6% sales tax, $25 in prepping fees). So the actual model itself was around $135.
Turinu

Hey everyone! Long time no post. So I'm contemplating what model I want to get printed out in 3D next. So I went ahead and setup a poll on my DeviantArt page to see which one you think should get printed. I chose eight models, so select the one you like the most and make your choice on the poll! Images for each model can be found in the comments of the poll, or in a journal entry below the poll.

Click here to view the poll!
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium

So in this particular case I had to use Pixiv (God I love that Ugoira function) but I finally finished my first actual Gundam model!

As in an actual Gundam, not a mobile suit, but one inspired by traditional Gundam design. You can view the turntable here!

7. Exceed Gundam
- Exceed Gundam Turntable - Pixiv

I'll be getting up other pictures later, such as its inner frame, weapons, front/back, etc.
Strike Zero

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 3/10/2015 - My First Gundam

That is a really beautiful design. Major props.

A thought occurs: is it possible to use the 3D printer to make your own runners? You could realize your designs as physical models, and give them full articulation while you're at it! :D
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 3/10/2015 - My First Gundam

It is, and I tested it on a 1/60 scale version of Hildebrandt's hand. However the material is too sandy/brittle to be effective. I'd have to get molds made instead and that'd be fairly expensive. :<
Turinu

Turinu's Design Compendium

Haven't posted new stuff for you guys in so long I actually forgot my posting format. :( Running out of time, so not really gonna number these. Will update the main topic's listings later. :o

Mobile Suit Gundam

A personal take on the Battle Field system from Gundam Build Fighters, as well as the GP Base.

GBF Battle Field
- Battle Field and GP Base Render

The Exceed Gundam and a look at one of its different armor sets and inner frame:

G10 Exceed Gundam
- Exceed Gundam Basic Type
- Exceed Gundam Heavy Artillery Type
- Exceed Gundam Frame

A 2015 remake of the Aethyr mobile suit, now "Aether".

MVP-M9 Aether
- Aether Standard Type
- Aether Standard Type w/ Equipment
- Aether Gundam Type (WIP)

Here's an updated version to the Daeg Hagal (There's more types, I'll put them all up later)

Daeg Hagal Powered Type
- Daeg Hagal Powered Type Original Colors

Desert Blossom

Decided to remake the mecha from Desert Blossom into something a bit more original in design. Here's the results!

Sin [Normal Type]
- Sin Normal Type Production Colors

Sin [Advanced Type]
- Sin Advanced Type 72nd Mobile Battalion Colors

Frame Crash

Slowly starting to get back to this original RP Forum I want to start, Frame Crash! I've redone the Speis in my new template. Here's that, along with two other units in poses and renderings.

Hildebrandt
- Hildebrandt Pose

Neamhain
- Neamhain Pose

Speis
- Speis Pose

Feedback and comments always welcome!
Scorpio[pt]

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/2015 - New Gundams and m

love the G10 Exceed Gundam
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/2015 - New Gundams and m

As do I! My first original Gundam.

Speaking of, here's a rendering I did with the G1 Exceed today, containing the Aether Gundam Type, Daeg Hagal, Madan Commander Type, Madan and Madan Flight Type.

G1 Exceed & Company in Station Hangar; to battle they go!
Scorpio[pt]

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 1/2016 - MS, to battle!

you really have improved a lot over the years
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Turinu

Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/10/2016

Man, it's been almost a year since I last posted art on here! My apologies. You can check out most of my more recent stuff via Deviant Art or Pixiv.

Anyways, here's some of my more recent stuff:

Back when Kuromukuro started airing, I got interested in designing a new inner frame for a mecha. The result was this frame right here. From there, I made some simple armor for it and called it the M307 Cuirass. I later went back to that design and decided to make another mecha from the same frame. The result was the transformable mecha F-33 Blue Jay, which uses the same frame but with some minor changes can totally transform into a jet.

----------

On the Frame Crash front, I went back and began moving some more designs over to the new frame template, and even turned the frame template into its own design. I've also considerably modified the lore for Frame Crash. Here are the results of that:

1. MD-LT01 Clad Calvus
2. MD-LT01-RC Calvus Knight
3. NB-XM100 Hildebrandt
4. OE-001 Grim Ronin
5. MD-ART01 Neamhain
6. MD-LTY2 Speis
7. MD-LT03 Striker
8. MD-JB02 Ardent Frost
----------

On the Gundam Front, I've been a little less active, but starting to pick up again. I recently went back to my old MVP-MP01 Madan design and much like with the Aether earlier in the year, reworked it to be up to date with the Aether's current frame. I've developed two variations of it; a simple Labor Use Madan, which has equipment for salvaging, mining, etc including a second pair of arms, and the Combat Use Madan, which features more traditional combat-oriented aesthetics; more thrusters, beam sabers and a rifle.

For my most recent project, I wanted to develop an Original Mobile Suit for the Iron-Blooded Orphans universe.

Thus, the TDD-AS-U001 Airgetlam was born.

I'd have to say this is my most enjoyed project to date. I used several concepts I refined through the development of units like the G1 Exceed, including an inner frame, and went into much finer detail than any other project. Its design is influenced from several prior projects as well. Rather than recycling hands and feet from previous models, everything was created from scratch. I added things like panel lining, more moveable parts, and more emphasis on detail. Even the renders have come out better than any other project.

The link above for the Airgetlam has multiple pictures in the same topic; I went kind of crazy. I pictured it in scenes wielding its many weapons, as well as renders of the weapons itself. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Questions, comments, critiques always welcome!
Turinu

Turinu's Design Compendium - 3/11/2017 - Airgetlam 3D View Sketchfab!

Hey guys! I finally got around to figuring out how to export from Sketchup to Sketchfab!

I wanted to put up one of my latest projects, the Airgetlam, so I went ahead and did that. Here's the result!

Not as shiny as I wanted it to be, but considering I exported it straight from Sketchup, the Sketchfab lighting and rendering settings let me make it look pretty good!

I've always wanted to show you guys the models in fully 3D detailed quality, so I'll probably slowly but surely get some of my other models up there for viewing.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/24/2017 - Frame Crash 3D Art Updates, etc.

It's been a long time, but I finally updated the main page of this topic. Also, here's some new stuff!

Frame Crash

2. Light Type Brave 002 - MD-LTY1 SHERIDAN
- Design Sheet 01
- Design Sheet 02

An experimental third generation Brave utilizing the rare Saradite crystal to generate a stealth field that disrupts sensors, and capable of limited flight.

4. Light Type Brave 004 - MD-LT02 RADIUS
- Design Sheet 01

The first mass production third generation Brave, setting the standard for all future Braves.

6. Medium Type Brave 001 - NB-XM100 HILDEBRANDT
- Hildebrandt w/ Sword, Interactive View

Prototype third generation Brave developed to test mass-canceling technology. Features higher than normal physical output compared to other Braves.

7. Medium Type Brave 002 - NB-M101 STARK
- Design Sheet 01

Sets the standard for the new medium-weight Braves introduced with the third generation Brave rollouts. An adaptable jack-of-all-trades.

9. Heavy Type Brave 003 - BTI/U001 GOLIATH
- Design Sheet 01

A heavy-weight combat platform, the Goliath sets the standard as a traditional, ranged unit with robust defenses, carried over from second gen combat ideology.

13. Custom Type Brave 005 - RC-DU01 HEAVY STARK
- Design Sheet 01

Built mobile and durable to withstand the harsh environment of the Desert Scar. A limited production defense unit against well-armed vagrants and bandits.

14. Custom Type Brave 006 - MD-LT01/SEC CALVUS PAWN
- Design Sheet 01

A modified Calvus frame that has been tuned to function in a security role. Operates in groups to subdue dangerous targets.

15. Custom Type Brave 007 - MD-LT01/DEF CALVUS ROOK
- Design Sheet 01
- Calvus Rook, Interactive View

A modified Calvus frame that has been tuned to function in a security role. This variant of the Calvus Pawn is used in critical response and riot situations.

Other Projects

1. G1 Exceed Gundam
- G1 Exceed on Pixiv 02; Includes Full View, Frame View, Full Armor View, Core Fighter Components, and Weapons

2. TDD-AS-U001 AIRGETLAM
- Airgetlam on Pixiv; includes Full View, Frame View, Transparent View, Weapons and Scenes
- Airgetlam 360 Degree View
- Airgetlam, Interactive View
- Airgetlam with Flexing Blades, Interactive View

These are just the newest updates, however the original post has been updated with some more stuff that may not have been posted here in the past, so might be new to you. Depends on whether or not you follow me on DeviantArt, Pixiv or Sketchfab. As always, feel free to comment
Turinu

Re: Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/24/2017 - Frame Crash 3D Art Updates, etc.

Damn, it's been over a year since I updated! :(

Here's some dumps of my more recent works:

Ships:

1. ISC-NCT/501 Aquamarine
- Aquamarine on Pixiv (8 photos, various angles)

A 2017 remake of my Aquamarine ship that I've made updates to every few years.

2. ISC-NB/8 Ouroboros

A ship I made for a friend that's primarily a carrier transport. Features four hangars and cargo bay sections and a landing pad down the center of the ship that can carry ships about as large as the Aquamarine.

Original Projects:

1. SHI-A5G100 Armastella: Lumiere
- Lumiere on Pixiv (2 photos, transparent exterior}

2. SCA-UNIT01 Armastella: Rapide
- Rapide on Pixiv (2 photos, transparent exterior)

Two original mecha I decided to make when I decided to make a brand new internal frame for a mecha. The Lumiere is a modular mass production model, and the Rapide is a customization on that model. While the Lumiere was made for war, the Rapide was made for combat racing, seeing more emphasis on speed and maneuvering.

Mobile Suit Gundam:

1. GMX-397-05 Gundam Durandal
- Durandal on Pixiv (9 photos, various scenic shots, transparent armor, weapons showcase, etc)
- Durandal's Cockpit

My most recent project, and one I'm hoping to make my most extensive in terms of Gundam development. Durandal is one of many Gundams I'll be designing based on a new mecha frame I made. I already have another in the works, a variant on the Durandal design, as well as the partials of another (Which you'll see in the Ogre form of the Durandal in the Pixiv link above). I particularly like how this one came out. Also has a fully detailed cockpit!

Other:

1. Scenery attempt

I've begun trying to dabble in scenery again. Currently in the process of making an abandoned, worn-down city.

----

That's about it for now!
TemjinQC

Re: Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

Some really cool looking renderings :)