Outlaw's Showcase: Frankens, alterations, originals

The place to share your artwork.
Outlaw

Outlaw's Showcase: Frankens, alterations, originals

I've never really put my work out there so I thought I'd give this a shot. Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome and I hope everyone enjoys. :)

Frankens
M-08 Typhon
M-09 Zephyr
M-10 Griffon
M-15 Cavalier - Weapon Sketch
M-50 Elegance
M-53 Lysander
M-711 Outlaw
XXXG-02W Waltz

Alterations
RB-79C Crashball
YMS-18K Kampfer K-Type
MS-06D Zaku II Jacket Type
MS-06-F78 Gunzak
NRX-044 Asshimar
XXXG-0WF Wing 0 Fallen
DT-6800V Daughtress Custom

Originals
Unamed Original
Lykos - Orignal Sketch
Footman
Serv
Epoch Gundam
Manriki* - Battle Stance*

(* = Latest Update)
Last edited by Outlaw on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
CHASER

It has bunny ears!! :shock:

What kind of machine is the original one? It looks kind off plain and bare, but it's good.
Outlaw

The original (I never came up with a name) is a small-scale mecha only about 25 ft. tall, give or take. Sort of like a Wanzer from Front Mission. The design is intended to be plain and smooth. That's my style, elegant simplicity. It is only a rough sketch but I'm rather prolific so I don't often get to the finishing stages.

Wow, around 80 views so far and only 1 comment, guess I'll have to sweeten the pot a little.

XXXG-0WF Wing 0 Fallen
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... lenjp1.jpg

M-15 Cavalier
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... iertq8.jpg

Lykos
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lykosai0.jpg
Sketch: http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lykos2gu4.jpg

and just for fun...
MS-06-F78 Gunzak
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... zakfy2.jpg
Last edited by Outlaw on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Medevil_blader

Nice pics Outlaw, I like the original. I saw that it has a missile launcher (or was it a gatling gun?), but what other weapons does it have?
"I will survive!!!!!" - Heero Yuy
"But if I run straight I'll run into trees!" -Random Federation GM Pilot
"Run around them you idiot!" -Kai Shiden, Guncannon Pilot
Outlaw

Cannon actually, and it has the 4 chest mounted vulcans. I never got around to it, but it can carry handheld armaments as well.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Tiga

wow outlaw you mix Ms are pretty cool =)
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Your Gunzack cracks me up :lol:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Medevil_blader

Outlaw wrote:Cannon actually, and it has the 4 chest mounted vulcans. I never got around to it, but it can carry handheld armaments as well.
A cannon? Hm, you coulda fooled me. I guess I gotta look at mecha designs a little harder before I comment on them, I coulda sworn though that it was either a gatling gun or missile launcher. I like the Wing Zero Fallen design as well, it gives me some new ideas on old designs that have been lying around for awhile.

The Lykos looks like some kinda mix between a Zeon mobile suit and a monster/demon of some sort. I like it, I haven't ever seen such a look in an ms before. What sort of ms is the M-15 Cavalier supposed to be? I noticed that it has parts from the Tallgeese III and Gundam Sandrock, this leads me to believe that it might be an ms that specializes in close combat with optional long-range weapons.

Overall, they're all REALLY GOOD. Oh, by the way, that Gunzak is the highlight of my day.
Outlaw

No biggy on the cannon, it is an older drawing and a rough one at that.

The Lykos is a personal design and actually grows like a plant, seed and all. I had a life-cycle planned out but never put it to paper, I could draw it up and post it here if there is enough interest.

The Cavalier would probably be used as an elite guard unit, and equips a lance with a built in gun (I've used the concept before and probably have a sketch somewhere).
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Your Gunzack cracks me up :lol:
And on that note:
Just when you thought it couldn't suck anymore!
RB-79C Crash Ball
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... alltt3.jpg

3/16/2007
I couldn't pick a sketch worth posting today, so:

M-08 Typhon
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... honab8.jpg
M-10 Griffon
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... fonkq3.jpg
MS-06D Zaku II Jacket Type
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ketqp1.jpg[/u]

3/18/2007
After a relaxing weekend I return with a couple more frankens. I did these at the request of my younger brother and sister. I've also assembled a few originals that should be up by tomorrow.

M-50 Elegance
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ncesq1.jpg
M-09 Zephyr
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... hyrde6.jpg

3/20/2007
As of today I'm switching to the style of updating the original post and leaving the rest of the topic for discussion. This should make things a bit simpler to view.
Medevil_blader

I like the Typhon and the Serv, they are both very good designs. What role is the Serv supposed to "Serv" in combat?
Outlaw

Well, as the name and the design might imply I intended it to just be a worker. But I ended up putting the cannon on the shoulder and really liked how it looked, so I guess you could say it's a combat refit! :lol:
Medevil_blader

Outlaw wrote:Well, as the name and the design might imply I intended it to just be a worker. But I ended up putting the cannon on the shoulder and really liked how it looked, so I guess you could say it's a combat refit! :lol:
Hm, combat refit huh? Well I guess it can be both a worker, and a lightly armed scout then. I just looked at the Elegance again, and I can't seem to disect what other ms parts you used, there are too many for me to even try to figure it out. Good job on it! The duaghtress custom looks very good too, its just the right size, its not bulky at all like some other ms. And the Epoch Gundam looks very good too, I've been working on a similair design myself, something nice and sleek looking meant for speed.
Outlaw

^ As always thanks for the comments Med'. Once I have the specs for the Epoch firmed up it should prove to be a bit more interesting.

I've been feeling a little rough around the edges lately, but once I'm back up to full steam I hope to have some more stuff to put up!
Ultimetemark4

Your frankens are great. They're uber smooth, and the parts blend well
Once we mass produce the Sazabi.....
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The Crashball's pretty hilarious too. Out of your new designs, I like the Grifon the most
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Outlaw

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Out of your new designs, I like the Grifon the most
Ya, that one is a personal fave of mine, came out real well.

On a side note I'm currently low on ideas for frankens I can do with the Ultimatemark lineart (you don't want to see what happens when I try the other stuff :oops: ). So I'm going to try my hand at taking a few requests and seeing how it goes. So if I can help out, feel free to ask!

Anyways today I'm adding the aforementioned profile for the Epoch Gundam:

Model number: ANT-001
Code name: Epoch Gundam
Unit type: Advanced Newtype use mobile suit prototype
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
Operator: Anaheim Electronics
First deployment: April 13, UC 0099
Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 20.0 meters
Weight: max gross 40.0 metric tons
Construction: gundarium alloy on movable frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 4500 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 1 x 18000 kg, 2 x 12300 kg; energy thrusters: 4 x 20000 (operable in NT mode only); vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 20
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.75 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 21000 meters; 12 x energy emitters (operable in NT mode only); Muse system
Fixed armaments: N/A
Optional fixed armaments: N/A
Optional hand armaments: N/A

Technical and Historical Notes
The vision of Anaheim research engineer Robert Lake, tracing its roots back to Lake's days as a pilot in the AEUG and later the Londo Bell task force. Inspired by the incredible feats of Newtype power he witnessed Lake was driven to create a mobile weapon capable of accessing these abilities, thus the Epoch was created.

The Epoch uses an advanced Newtype interface called the "Muse System", though similar to the psycommu system the Muse is more advanced. Designed to not only passively scan but to actually make it easier for the pilot to access their abilities, especially the ability to gather and control energy. By using energy emitters placed across it's body and linked into the pilot's control system the Epoch would be able to create, shape, and project energy for a multitude of functions ranging from desensive sheilding to powerful offensive attacks. In addition the unit mounts a set of energy thrusters designed to propel the unit at high speed using these same energies.

The unit was sent on a single test flight and though it was found to possess good agility and speed the pilot was unable to access the Epoch's powerful Newtype functions, this would prove to be a recurring problem. Although the Epoch's design was mechanically sound there was one problem; there were no Newtypes even remotely capable of using the system at it's optimum. Subsequently the unit was placed into storage and forgotten, its inventor giving up all he had just to keep the unit from being completely scrapped.