Jigsaw puzzle?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
PlasticFrog

Jigsaw puzzle?

While browsing through Amazon.co.jp, I found this beautiful 500-piece Jet Stream Attack jigsaw puzzle.

Naturally, I'm uncontrollably drooling after it.

But Amazon.co.jp won't ship that item outside of Japan. (not to mention that Amazon.co.jp has recently gotten rid of its International Economy Shipping, so even if I were able to buy it from there, I would be forced to use the way-too-expensive Express Shipping. :evil:)

So my question is..... Does anybody know any site that sells that jigsaw puzzle, and will ship to USA (for a reasonable shipping fee)?

Thanks in advance.

(Times like this, I wish I had a friend or a relative living in Japan....)

(They also have this 1000-piece beauty. A bit over-the-top, but still very cool.)
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea
ulnhyrr

Email this guy: http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/
For a small commission price, he'll order the item and then ship it out to you. So long as it's not an auction item.
PlasticFrog

Oooooh, interesting. Thanks for the link! :) I hope the guy doesn't charge too much for commission. :wink:
lalahsghost

I've seen these on ebay many a times, but thought they were bootlegs or junk. Apparently these have registered ASIN numbers, so they must be legit, and licensed. It might be worth googling the ASIN number, just for jollies. Now that I know that it is a legit item, I might check ebay once again~
ulnhyrr

Tokyohunter doesn't charge too much. He's helping me out with a couple of things right now. Just email him and ask, provide as much info as you can. My friend had him pick up a couple of those usb humping dog things. I think of the charge like ticketmaster's convenience charge....
PlasticFrog

OK, here's a rather long update on my quest to obtain that jigsaw puzzle. :D

I wrote an email to Joseph Tsai aka Tokyo Hunter about getting that jigsaw puzzle.

I also wrote an email to HLJ, asking if they can carry that jigsaw puzzle in their stock. (Hey, why not, right?)

And I got a reply... from both... in a way.
[email protected] wrote:Unfortunately, we are unable to obtain stocks of those items directly through the manufacturer and through our distributors.

Thanks for writing.

Joseph Tsai
HobbyLink Japan
(www.hlj.com)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

So Tokyo Hunter is an HLJ employee???

I could find no indication of such on either HLJ site or Tokyo Hunter blog. But they do both list their whereabouts as Tatebayashi, Gunma, Japan. Well, Tokyo Hunter blog does mention that he knows the HLJ staffs, but not that he actually works for them. Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting. :D

Anyway, now that I got a reply from Joseph Tsai the HLJ employee, I'm waiting to hear from Joseph Tsai the Tokyo Hunter. :wink:

By the way, after reading lalahsghost's post, I also decided to check eBay. And lo and behold, I found this.

At $33 for a 2940-yen item, it's certainly priced like a legit item, but the page makes no mention of it, so I wanted to make sure.
So I wrote:Hi. Can you tell me who the manufacturer is for the Jet Stream Attack puzzle?

Thanks.
And in reply, they wrote:Hello,I am sorry the manufacture of this item does not understand.
Thank you.
S.I
:oops: :oops: :oops:

So I check the seller's feedbacks, and the seller has a few negative/neutral feedbacks, mostly complaining about very slow delivery and/or item not arriving at all and/or very poor communication. That last part I can vouch for. :roll:

With 97.6% feedback rating (I prefer my eBay sellers to have 99+% rating) and $33+$12 SAL shipping price tag (not outrageous, but also not cheap for a 2940-yen item), I think this eBay seller is going to be my last resort option. (if I can get them to confirm that it's a legit item, that is) :wink:
ulnhyrr

His blog used to state that he's an HLJ employee. It was probably an issue with "conflict of interests" that prompted the removal of that bit of information on his blog. But yeah, as far as I know, from my communications with him, he works for HLJ. HLJ isn't a big operation either. Just a handful of people and a small warehouse.
PlasticFrog

Yeah, I've received an email from Joseph the Tokyo Hunter now, where he says "well, I guess you know now I work for HLJ too!" :D

Unfortunately, he says he can't accept any new Tokyo Hunter orders right now due to some issues he has with PayPal. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be patient. :wink: