Just a couple of ones...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Phantomexe87

wing zero alpha wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:For a religion, I believe most of UC is probably atheist while people in F91 worship Iron Mask or the Ronah family's dream of Cosmo Bablyonia while Victory Gundam has them worshipping Queen Maria and the goals and motives of Zanscare and League Militare (means Holy Allaince) is probably Catholic/Christian. CE people are probably mostly athiest while some people worship Patrick Zala's ideals or worship Lacus Clyne, TSA, Uzumi's ideals,etc.
No offense, but by that logic then Joseph Stalin and many like him had whole religions to themselves. I think you're confusing the average cult of personality that you see with most Gundam dictatorships with mainstream religions.
You sure I posted that?
ShadowCell

Phantomexe87 wrote:You sure I posted that?
Uh...
You wrote:For a religion, I believe most of UC is probably atheist while people in F91 worship Iron Mask or the Ronah family's dream of Cosmo Bablyonia while Victory Gundam has them worshipping Queen Maria and the goals and motives of Zanscare and League Militare (means Holy Allaince) is probably Catholic/Christian. CE people are probably mostly athiest while some people worship Patrick Zala's ideals or worship Lacus Clyne, TSA, Uzumi's ideals,etc.
Yeah, pretty sure.
mcred23

Actually, it was Zeonic Glory who said that, not Phantomexe87.

Anyway... that minor problem has now been fixed...
Last edited by mcred23 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
wing zero alpha

Apologies for the confusion, I was originally responding to Phantom's comment on Lacus being worshipped like Maria when I decided to add Zeonic Glory's comment. Moving along.
Phantomexe87

ShadowCell wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:You sure I posted that?
Uh...
You wrote:For a religion, I believe most of UC is probably atheist while people in F91 worship Iron Mask or the Ronah family's dream of Cosmo Bablyonia while Victory Gundam has them worshipping Queen Maria and the goals and motives of Zanscare and League Militare (means Holy Allaince) is probably Catholic/Christian. CE people are probably mostly athiest while some people worship Patrick Zala's ideals or worship Lacus Clyne, TSA, Uzumi's ideals,etc.
Yeah, pretty sure.
Where? I never posted that.

Thought so, I can't spell athiesm.
Last edited by Phantomexe87 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

Huh. So it was.

Never mind, then.
Zeonic Glory

I turn around and all of a sudden I seemed to have caused confusion.

As for what you said WZA, no offense taken. I was just more or less speculating.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Oruma

DeltasTaii wrote:I really don't see how giving Kira a flash is supposed to sell more models. Or anything. People aren't going to walk out and go "OMG, now that Kira is teh leet newtype, I must buy more stuff!"
----on the other hand, his MS get remote weapons because he's a "Flasher" now :lol:
So yeah, it affects his MS & thus, the models too :lol:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Vanishing Meteor

Re: Just a couple of ones...

Lert wrote:1. The Ez8 got electrocuted. It's circuit breakers fried. Shiro didn't get the voltage. If he had, he'd be dead - I can't imagine any pilot surviving enough voltage to fry his suit's circuit breakers.

Besides, I'm sure the designers of Mobile Suits - especially Gundams - would be smart enough to insulate the cockpit.
actually shiro got electrocuted..why would he say this line if he wasnt?

Shiro: I couldn't even move my arms...I couldn't even protect my friends..

his arms were actually numb/slightly paralyzed from the shock..and he was just forcing himself to move to get loose from norris..remember norris was holding the ez-08 by the head and is using it as a shield against karen joshua and terry sanders...
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
Duo

Vanishing Meteor wrote: Shiro: I couldn't even move my arms...I couldn't even protect my friends..
I'm actaully pretty sure he was talking about the arms of the Ez8, IIRC, he was trying to move the control levers as he said that... And then finally he got some response a li'l bit later
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Duo wrote:
Vanishing Meteor wrote: Shiro: I couldn't even move my arms...I couldn't even protect my friends..
I'm actaully pretty sure he was talking about the arms of the Ez8, IIRC, he was trying to move the control levers as he said that... And then finally he got some response a li'l bit later
Yep, he was talking about the Ez-*'s arm, not his own.
Athrun Zala

Vanishing Meteor wrote:4. How come Kira Yamato had a "flash" similar to the newtypes when he launched the Dragoons against the Nazca-class ships?Can a coordinator have a high-spacial awareness? (note:Mwu La Flaga is a Natural,while Rau Le Creuset was a clone).
I hear that the Ultimate Coordinator used genes from Al Da Flaga. So my guess is that is why he has a Flash.
Athrun Zala The Next Red Comet
DeltasTaii

Oruma wrote:
DeltasTaii wrote:I really don't see how giving Kira a flash is supposed to sell more models. Or anything. People aren't going to walk out and go "OMG, now that Kira is teh leet newtype, I must buy more stuff!"
----on the other hand, his MS get remote weapons because he's a "Flasher" now :lol:
So yeah, it affects his MS & thus, the models too :lol:
Except, Super DRAGOONs require no such thing, just as with Legend. Why the pilots always end up being ones who have one anyways, bad writing only knows... (oh how much making sense was lost for giving Athrun a bait)
Mwulf

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I like the whole "Kira as a newtype" thing... if only because the MSG tribute episode (where he got the SF) was so darn cool.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
razgriz

i agree wholeheartedly with u mwulf. the strike freedom's intro was arguably seed destiny's best moment. just a darn shame about how quickly they trashed the strike, almost a throwaway at that point.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Vanishing Meteor

Duo wrote:
actually he was reaching for the "fried" circuit breakers or whatever that was that "popped" when he said that line...remember? he couldn't even push it back in..
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
wing zero alpha

Mwulf wrote:I know a lot of people don't like it, but I like the whole "Kira as a newtype" thing... if only because the MSG tribute episode (where he got the SF) was so darn cool.
I actually liked it too, and I didn't mind Kira being a "Newtype" since Al Da Flaga was an associate of Kira's father, so naturally he'd use some of Flaga's genetics on the Ultimate Coordinator project. As long as Kira doesn't start summoning the ghosts of Fllay, Natarle, Nichol, etc., I don't see any big deal on it.

As for the "flash", I suspect it's the same reason for everythin from ZAFT's Zeon MS line to Heine yelling the infamous "This is no Zaku boy! No ZAKU!": simply a reference to the original Gundam and the inevitable nostalgia that goes with it.
Dunpeal

Is there anything that Kira Yamato isn't? He's a Coordinator (and Ultimate one at that), he's a SEEDling, supposed Newtype. I mean really, in the next series he would probably be a final evolution of Devil Gundam or God knows who.
Sabersonic

wing zero alpha wrote:Speaking in Lacus' defense, at least she wasn't advocating mass genocides with motorcycle battleships that roll over establishments and giant psi-emitters that turn people into vegetables.
I may be wrong, but I think all of that was that Prime Minister's doing.

As for the questions at hand:

1. If the amount of electricity was enough to fry a couple of motherboards (or whatever those things that popped out), then how would Shiro (assuming that he had contact with anything that can conduct electricity well) get away with only wetting his pants and not getting at least a "Duh duh duh!" pattern of speech?

2. I'm guessing that Carozzo had a very well made mask/helmet and uniform that allowed him to survive in space for that long enough. (And no, I was not imformed that he was a cyborg before this thread. Apparently I got a bad sub...)

3. Not really sure myself, since I don't remember too many deserts in Southeast Asia.

4. Look at Fukuda for that one. Seriously, there is no logical explanation for it other then to sell merchandising.

5. Well I'm not exactly sure about the UC since apparently they're diverse enough from what I remember to not have a common faith, I have a feeling that the common faith in CE would be Christian.
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
Dunpeal

The religion in UC is probably pretty much like that of today. You see muslims in ZZ, people shouting "Kami-sama" in various moments, crosses (i.e. on graves).