SPARTAN-251's Fraken Garage. (1 Update)

The place to share your artwork.
SPARTAN-251

SPARTAN-251's Fraken Garage. (1 Update)

I'm pretty new at this so please tell me what i can do to improve my work.

(New)GAT-X025 Orion

This Suit is possibly my favorite to date. This fraken is my first attempt for an indepth shading and i'm quite proud at how it came out. Had a hard time trying to figure out wat to name it because of the cannon on it's right arm. But i think Orion fits it pretty well.

Incom MSA-X109 Guardian

This is probably the best one i have made so far. The Incom MSA-X109 Guardian is in my personal colors and is suppose to comeout in the sequel of a crossover fic i have on Fanfiction.net (Same user name).

Incom MSA-X278 Galaxy

This was my first atempt at making a fraken. The name was something i just came up with because alot of the other names were taken.

Incom MSA-X286 Eternal Galaxy

This one is one of my favorites, Had a hard time trying to figure out a name for it. It was almost named Omega Galaxy, but after asking acouple of friends i choose Eternal Galaxy instead.

Incom MSA-X109 Guardian (Cagalli's Colors)

This is the original colors of the X109 Guardian. Personally I like it with my colors.

Subro/Incom MSA-426 Harbringer (Standard Colors)

Subro/Incom MSA-426 Harbringer (Blue Squadron)

Surbo/Incom MSA-426 Harbringer (Crimson Phoenix Squadron)

These are all color coded by the Squadron names. Blue being a basic squadron, while the Crimson Phoenix squadron is a special Ops squadron.

Please tell me what you think and what i can do inorder to improve my work. :?
Last edited by SPARTAN-251 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nightwing03

Some of these designs are very interesting..especially guardian to my taste..and also since you new here you might like to read the rules of this forum..and please resize your avatar to 80x80 pixels 8)

BTW, the guardian cagalli colors look more like andrew waltfeld colors..
♣♦♠♥
Wingnut

Not bad at all, especially for someone new to it.
The Eternal Galaxy has a sort of Kowloon Gundam feel to it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SPARTAN-251

Hehehe... my bad :oops: I'll take care of my avatar.

I did try and give the Calalli version the color of the Akatsuki, but in the end it gave is a ugly peach color so i changed it to a custom gold color.

Plus Andrew's and Cagalli's colors look alot alike to me.
EZero8

These arent bad at all. Considering that you've successfully pieced together regular lineart for your first tries (something I havent even attempted yet), I applaud you. The coloring needs a bit of work, but it's something that could easily be improved on. Good job.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Draco Starcloud

Some of your mech heads are on the tiny side.

Though I'll admit to not having perfect heads for all my mechs; one stands out in my mind as having a big ol' melon on its shoulders.

I don't think I like some of your color schemes, but that's an issue of personal preference.

I like your style though. It looks a little rough, but it's consistent and the lines are good and solid.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Turinu

These designs are very familiar. Are you Lightning Blade from the Armored Core Online forums?
SPARTAN-251

My pin name in the Armored Core Online Fourms is Lightning Blade.
Turinu

SPARTAN-251 wrote:My pin name in the Armored Core Online Fourms is Lightning Blade.
Yeah, I remember you. I posted my Mecha Franken topic on ACO back in February and you posted your first and second frankens there. :o
SPARTAN-251

Yup, that was me. :D ^_^
solid snake

Incom? Is that a nod to Star Wars? Nice designs by the way.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
SPARTAN-251

Yes it is, these Mech designs are going to be in a Crossover fic i have on Fanfiction.net called Paralelled Rebellion.

These Mechs are what would happen if the Alliance got there hands on Mobile Suit Tech.
Camille Vidan

I like the style you are using, but some of your lines aren't perfectly straight.
Draco Starcloud

solid snake wrote:Incom? Is that a nod to Star Wars? Nice designs by the way.
In Gundam terms, Incoms are wire-guided weapons controlled by a Quasi-Psycommu.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Those designs are way better then what came out from SEED. very nice first attempts, my favrioute overal is the Eternal Galaxy
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
SPARTAN-251

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Those designs are way better then what came out from SEED. very nice first attempts, my favrioute overal is the Eternal Galaxy
Yeah i rather like the Eternal Galaxy myself and thank you for the complement.
Camille Vidan wrote: I like the style you are using, but some of your lines aren't perfectly straight.

Well straight lines are kinda hard for me, and sometimes they end up with 90 degree angel's and i hate those when they are not needed.

I just uploaded a new Fraken, please tell me what you think of it.
Turinu

That's a really nice design. Which unit(s) did you design the head from?
SPARTAN-251

I used this head http://f48.aaacafe.ne.jp/~wect/MSwect-b.htm Because it wasn't colored it was easier for me to paint it. The Scar over the Fraken's right eye is my own touch.

Edit: Fixed the link leading to the head.
Turinu

Very nice. It's a really simple yet very good head design. It doesn't scream "fancy," but it screams "awesome" in its appearance.
Camille Vidan

I don't have the proper knowledge in the english language to explain this, but probably this picture will talk for itself:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/Punok/lines.png

It's important in pixel art to use perfectly straight lines, so keep using lines like these ones. Of course you need to flip/mirror this image few times because I was lazy.

Keep up the good work!