MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 - Questions and Concerns

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Nagi

MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 - Questions and Concerns

So, over the weekend I went to this really crappy college-run convention in Atlanta called Momocon and had a horrible, boring, horribly boring time (no thanks to all the antisocial morons swamping the place that don't know what conversation is). While there, I managed to haggle one of the venders down to a reasonable price on the MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 and picked it up, along with a poster and a handful of Type-Moon gashapon. That night, I assembled the Crossbone, and began to notice a few problems. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

Firstly, the weapons. Specifically, the pirate beam pistol and awesome-looking pirate beam cutlass. Does anyone else have any problems getting the X-1 to freaking hold them? At all? With mine, the cutlass absolutely refuses to stay in the hand, and falls out no matter what I do. The peg in the hand that the hilt connects to is far too small, and the niche in the hilt is far too shallow, so there's no connection at all, and with its weight, it simply falls out if I try to use the fingers to support it. And the beam pistol will only fit at extremely awkward angles that, frankly, would be impossible to fire a gun with.

Secondly, is Bandai sticking with this ridiculous no-polycap construction? Because it seems extremely rickety. With all the past Gunpla I bought, they were almost always very sturdy and flexible, with the polycaps basically working miracles in producing highly poseable suits that stayed together in one piece. This Crossbone, on the other hand, isn't quite so flexible in places like the base of the legs and the elbows without pieces popping out, and whole limbs (and skirt pieces) pop off without much provocation purely because of how weakly this no-polycap system holds them in there. Please tell me Bandai's realized this was a bad idea, or else I think I might be done with Gunpla, and will have to move on to something else. Like HCM Pros.

Anybody else experiencing these kinds of problems?
SNT1

I know its rather mundane, but first off check if your stuff is actually Bandai, not some bootleg. NOw, assuming that its the legit stuff....
Firstly, the weapons. Specifically, the pirate beam pistol and awesome-looking pirate beam cutlass. Does anyone else have any problems getting the X-1 to freaking hold them? At all? With mine, the cutlass absolutely refuses to stay in the hand, and falls out no matter what I do. The peg in the hand that the hilt connects to is far too small, and the niche in the hilt is far too shallow, so there's no connection at all, and with its weight, it simply falls out if I try to use the fingers to support it. And the beam pistol will only fit at extremely awkward angles that, frankly, would be impossible to fire a gun with.
It is a problem with alot of MGs (or more accurately, those with moveable digits.) Had the similar problem with the MG F91 (which would be using alot of Xbone's ABS) and WZC, which did not even have the peg, and usually primer'n'paint solves the problem. if not, a little bit of Elmer's glue or a small piece of tissue paper always works wonders.
Secondly, is Bandai sticking with this ridiculous no-polycap construction? Because it seems extremely rickety. With all the past Gunpla I bought, they were almost always very sturdy and flexible, with the polycaps basically working miracles in producing highly poseable suits that stayed together in one piece. This Crossbone, on the other hand, isn't quite so flexible in places like the base of the legs and the elbows without pieces popping out, and whole limbs (and skirt pieces) pop off without much provocation purely because of how weakly this no-polycap system holds them in there. Please tell me Bandai's realized this was a bad idea, or else I think I might be done with Gunpla, and will have to move on to something else. Like HCM Pros.
Since once again Xbone's frame is identical to the F91's I'll use my F91 experience and say no, I had no such problems. In fact, it's quite the opposite, I find this no-polycap gimmick a much sturdier option. And if you go through dalong.net's MG pictorials you'll see that the trend is lowering polycap amount on MGs (this started on the MG WZC and Freedom) to nothing/almost nothing. The other new releases like Strike Freedom and Hi-Nu probably has less polycaps than a 1/100 Wing kit.

Your experience piqued mine though, as I have 3 (count 3) unbuilt, boxed Crossbone MGs.
Wedge14

There is a problem with part of my cross bone on the sword, there one female part is too shallow for the male piece so it just won't fit it all.

I know this problem must be on either most or all of them because it's on my friend's Cbone and Dalong has a picture of it and a sad face on his review..
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Duo

Wheee!

like this and this or SGT if you want to play around with it will make most of your problems go away... Just lengthen the hand peg.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami