Cardi has an art thread!? This must be a horrible mistake...

The place to share your artwork.
Cardi Doorl

Cardi has an art thread!? This must be a horrible mistake...

Hey everyone, I decided to make an art thread for my (probably very infrequent) works, inspired when I sat down and made a little something for the Zeta RPG earlier today.

Behold, Titan players, it's the Taskforce Echo unit patch! I wasn't about to let Fritz and those AEUG losers have all the cool unit patch fun, after all. AEUG might win the war, but we'll win the cool unit patch contest, which more than makes up for it.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
XMGF-2420

it cool because it's yellow and black color...

nice color combination...

BSA Mecha
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The vibe I get from it, is kinda like a Phantom Painish unit.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
mcred23

Cardi... has an art thread?! UNPOSSIBILE!!!one!1

Now that I got that out of my system, I think it's pretty good Cardi.

(Makes random comment about the next time Cardi will update this thread).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

Pretty cool. Definately fitting for a Titans taskforce. 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Mwulf

Hm... interesting logo/badge, but the res, seems a bit off. You might want to open it up in PS and apply some minor filter or smooth it some other way.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Cardi Doorl

mcred23 wrote:Cardi... has an art thread?! UNPOSSIBILE!!!one!1

Now that I got that out of my system, I think it's pretty good Cardi.

(Makes random comment about the next time Cardi will update this thread).
And while we're on that, I'm claiming my prize as co-winner of the 4koma contest! :P
Mwulf wrote:Hm... interesting logo/badge, but the res, seems a bit off. You might want to open it up in PS and apply some minor filter or smooth it some other way.
Only problem, though, is that I don't have PS. I did this on MSPaint, which is the only image-editing program I have. I could probably get Photoshop through means not discussable here, but, well... :\

Mwulf

With some of the older versions of Photoshop you could download the 30-day trial version (which was the full version) and simply delete the "register" folder in the root directory to use it indefinitely. I think they've gotten rid of that in later versions, though.

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of running the badge through a couple of filters to show you what I mean more... exactly.

Filter 1
Filter 2
Filter 3
Filter 4
Filter 5

(I'd say filters 1 and 4 are the best)

Basically the filters just help remove some of the jaggies and make the image look more... complete, or rounded. I'm not sure what the best wording would be, but I think you get the idea by looking at 'em.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Cardi Doorl

I actually like Filter 3 best :D Feels like a picture of a real (albeit aged) patch, almost. To me, Filter 1 looks like just a somewhat fuzzy version of the original pic, and Filter 4, while nice as a picture, doesn't work as a representation of how a unit patch should look. Methinks I'll use the original and Filter 3 as reference images for Echo's unit patch ;)

Cardi Doorl

Anyhow, dug through my old, barely-used Geocities account and came across these ancient recolors. Made them for an RPG many moons ago (one of the few I joined that wasn't on MAHQ):

CGUE Cardi Doorl Custom: My character flew a personalized CGUE (it was a cross-universe kinda thing :/) in these colors.

Neue Ziel, Cardi Doorl colors: And just for fun, I applied those same colors to a Neue Ziel.

Some sort of Dom or Rick Dom: Recolor of either a Dom or Rick Dom. Don't remember what the recolor was to be used for, and I hadn't initially intended the colors to be a Titan wannabe scheme, but since I was unfamiliar with Zeta at that time...

And finally, the custom-color Serpent I made for the Andorra Under OZ RPG we had here on MAHQ: Serpent, Akt von Kruener colors

Mwulf

Ooh, spiffy. I like the serpent. I think the first two would be a bit better with a slightly darker shade of green, and maybe go over the lines with something... they're kind of hard to see.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Wedge14

I'm just trying to practise and lack creative thoughts at the moment, so I kinda and went and designed a wedge version for the Task force Echo badge. Of course theres nothing wrong with yours!!

Task force Echo Wedge14 version[/url]
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Draco Starcloud

Cardi Doorl wrote:CGUE Cardi Doorl Custom: My character flew a personalized CGUE (it was a cross-universe kinda thing :/) in these colors.
Your colors look great, but I didn't realize until now just how goofy and misproportioned the CGuE looks.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Cardi Doorl

Mwulfy wrote:Ooh, spiffy. I like the serpent. I think the first two would be a bit better with a slightly darker shade of green, and maybe go over the lines with something... they're kind of hard to see.
Yeah, those first three are about two years old now, I think. I still haven't bothered to get anything more advanced than MSPaint, so until then these will languish under messy lines.

Even still, I find it unlikely I'll bother fixing them even if I do get myself Photoshop or anything of the like.
Draco Starcloud wrote:
Cardi Doorl wrote:CGUE Cardi Doorl Custom: My character flew a personalized CGUE (it was a cross-universe kinda thing :/) in these colors.
Your colors look great, but I didn't realize until now just how goofy and misproportioned the CGuE looks.
Yeah, I used to think it looked kinda sleek, like a light attack unit, but looking it over I wonder how I missed the bizarrely skinny limbs and big head (even excluding that huge fin thing).
Wedge14 wrote:I'm just trying to practise and lack creative thoughts at the moment, so I kinda and went and designed a wedge version for the Task force Echo badge. Of course theres nothing wrong with yours!!

Task force Echo Wedge14 version[/url]
Hm...

That could work as a collar tab kinda thing...