Back after two weeks

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Kishiria

Back after two weeks

FYI, I was away for two weeks in Camp Williams, UT for WLC (what used to be called PLDC, it's the school for NCOs). It was fun, but I missed youse guys.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Wingnut

In order to save this and make it a topic worth keeping active*, I will ask just what this was like and what was it you were in class for.

*Normally this kind of thing, while seemingly important, is not really worth making a thread over. The situation with HDS is a special case as he is actually serving in Iraq.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
QuessParaya

Welcome back :)
Eamus Catuli

HEJA BVB
Kishiria

I don't expect this to be a relevant topic for more than a day or two. Just wanted to know where I was.

If you are going to WLC and are given a choice of where to go, do pick Camp Williams. Just the scenery is worth it, with the lights of Salt Lake City below and the Rockies above. They have elk deer though, a lot of them, and diving for cover or doing three to five second rushes into piles of deer poo is euughhhhgh.

What did I learn? A lot of administrative stuff; how to do a counseling, how to approach soldiers with problems, how to pick an appropriate penalty to suit a misbehaviour. We learned how to lead a PT class and spent four days running missions with a different student as squad leader. We weren't graded on tactics but on decisiveness and if we remembered to call in the appropriate reports, for indirect fire, etc.

Unlike at Ft. Lewis's WLC, we did have free time for doing our own laundry and were allowed to order pizza or Chinese food and on some nights go to the NCO club.

I learned a lot, but much of that is how much I still have to learn.
Rei Murasame

@Kishiria: Sounds totally awesome, in some strange way I feel envious... tell me you took photographs, right? (and that we'll be seeing them? ~.^ )

@Wingnut: No way, this kind of topic has too much cool-potential to be moderated so brusquely, right?
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
ShadowCell

You also learned that the heart of the Mormon Empire is a beautiful place.

=D
Wingnut

Rei Murasame wrote:@Wingnut: No way, this kind of topic has too much cool-potential to be moderated so brusquely, right?
That's why I broadened the discussion.
Basically we don't want every other member following what Kishiria did every time they go away for a while and come back. So that's why I did what I did. To prevent people from turning the General section into a huge MySpace page.

Photographs? Hopefully for her sake none were taken shortly after the mentioned dive(s) into the pile(s) of deer poo.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
wing zero alpha

Welcome back. As you can see, the place is still standing =D.
Vash

Re: Back after two weeks

Kishiria wrote:FYI, I was away for two weeks in Camp Williams, UT for WLC (what used to be called PLDC, it's the school for NCOs). It was fun, but I missed youse guys.
Other than NCO and FYI, I have no idea what any of that stands for.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Android raptor

Welcome back, Kish! 8)
Kishiria

Re: Back after two weeks

Vash wrote:
Kishiria wrote:FYI, I was away for two weeks in Camp Williams, UT for WLC (what used to be called PLDC, it's the school for NCOs). It was fun, but I missed youse guys.
Other than NCO and FYI, I have no idea what any of that stands for.
UT - Utah

WLC = Warrior Leadership Course, the lame-o term for what used to be called Platoon Leader Development Course before some civilian decided we were all Conan and Red Sonja.

At least the +5 Sword of Smiting I got at graduation is cool. Makes slaying those rock trolls much easier.