Animals in Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
razgriz

maybe that MA can be the leader of the squad of Mermaid Gundams, piloted by newtype dolphins no less. there ya go, you want animals in Gundam look no further than G Gundam, they have a fish, a spider, a mastadon, a mammoth, and a mobile horse :) at least Funisaki had a horse for a pilot.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Kuruni

Berah has her parrot pet called "Haro" in Crossbone Gundam. It keep quote original Haro, usually random.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Rei Murasame

To bring up the subject of Newtypes again, I found a quote from Tomino just a few mins ago, and it seems that Tomino is thinking kindof the same thing I was saying on the previous page:

Tomino: "Part of it is that, like you said, I don't really see a brighter future. But I also think that, in fiction, there wouldn't be supermen like Newtypes. So I began not using that word anymore. As I became older, I began feeling that humanity all used to be Newtypes. Everyone was a Newtype. Until the third day after birth, we were all Newtypes. Because of society and education, we then start to stop being a Newtype. But since we all had that experience, perhaps we can become Newtypes again in the future. So work hard, everyone!"
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
ORegan

so you're pretty much saying animals can also be newtypes? imagine playing fetch with a newtype dog
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Genese Gundam

There was that Horse that Char was riding in CCA. And those Elephants on earth (Once again in CCA).
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
Zeonic Glory

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is the Swan that Lalah looks at in MSG when Amuro's car breaks down.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Kuruni

Just remember it, Tobia also has encounter with a wild deer in Crossbone Gundam. And monkey start to pilot a MS in same volume :wink: (though it just use worker junior MS to rescue Tobia and friends and not put any fight).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Genese Gundam wrote:There was that Horse that Char was riding in CCA. And those Elephants on earth (Once again in CCA).
Plus the herd of cows in that same scene and the deer in F91.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zeonic Glory

Weren't there a bunch of farm animals in the beginning of F91?
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
ShadowCell

If we're just listing all the animals we've seen in Gundam, let's not forget the little girl's dog that Heero accidentally blew up in Endless Waltz.
Zeonic Glory

^Oh yeah, I remember that. That seemed sort of sad. The funny part was that one exploding Leo pretty much wiped out every building there :lol: .
Destroy Gundam

Didn't Bask or one of the other EFSF commanders have a cat in 0083?

And can I quote you on the "I still await Zeon's introduction of sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!" part, Shadowcell?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Rei Murasame

Jamitov had a white cat. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it later, but he didn't take it to space with him.
To ease the pain.
And turn away..."
mcred23

Rei wrote:Jamitov had a white cat. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it later, but he didn't take it to space with him.
Are you sure it was Jamitov? It's been a while since I watched that part of 0083, but I thought the man with the cat was General Corini...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Phantomexe87

mcred23 wrote:
Rei wrote:Jamitov had a white cat. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it later, but he didn't take it to space with him.
Are you sure it was Jamitov? It's been a while since I watched that part of 0083, but I thought the man with the cat was General Corini...
It was Corini, Jamitov was standing, just before he pulled a gun on Kowen.
ShadowCell

Destroy Gundam wrote:And can I quote you on the "I still await Zeon's introduction of sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!" part, Shadowcell?
Yeah, go ahead.
Rei Murasame

mcred23 wrote:
Ah, that's true... for some reason I had thought that Jamitov owned the cat.
To ease the pain.
And turn away..."
Random Zaku Pilot

i saw a picture of a zeon pilot trying to get his cat off its shoulder spike and some feddie higher up with a weird dog but most animals would run because of mobile suits walking around would scare them into hiding you or something
Kishiria

There's a dog eating out of a garbage can in episode 1 of the original Gundam series. I also recall a rat floating upside down and possibly dead during the Side 6 arc. Christina MacKenzie has a Persian cat and yes, Corini has a cat too.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Wingnut

Also a rather gruesome example of someone having a pet is the dog in F91 that gets sucked out a hole in Frontier IV and flys right by the front windows of the Space Boat the kids are traveling in.

It's like "Woah! There's a hole in the colony. Woah! There goes a dog!" (Along with several people and other debris as well.)
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.