Name that vehicle!

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Ravager

I think it's either holding the GINN OCHER's experimental rifle with an ammo drum mod(as a previous poster suggested) or its some version of the GINN's recoilless rifle linked with an ammo drum.But there are also double clips visible near the back of the rifle,so that GINN must have been equipped for extended missions.
Melchior

Thanks for editing the pics Draco.

As far as the BABI goes, I'm pretty sure it appears in Phase 15. Its not doing much, just standing around at Carpentaria. So its certainly not implausable to think BABIs were in action in Phase 13/14.
Ravager

I don't have a disc of that Phase close at hand,could you link to me to a screenshot?
Melchior

Sorry, but wouldn't even know how to make a screenshot. I checked my DVD though, and its definetely there. Shinn takes a look at it while going for a walk.
Ravager

That'll do nicely for a confirmation.BABIs...supposed to be next-generation transformable mobile suits,but they get owned by Murasames in the anime
CHASER

Ravager wrote:I think it's either holding the GINN OCHER's experimental rifle with an ammo drum mod(as a previous poster suggested) or its some version of the GINN's recoilless rifle linked with an ammo drum.But there are also double clips visible near the back of the rifle,so that GINN must have been equipped for extended missions.

That GINN has no wing/booster binder, and look at its hips. That is the GINN OCHER, though the gun it's using isn't like any others it's used before. The gun's caliber is too small to be the recoiless rifle, and it's too big and the barrel's too long to be the experimental rifle of the OCHER, it could just be a completely different weapon,

As for the tank, yes it does seem to resemble an APC.
Ravager

I don't notice hips well,especially in black-and-white.But i know that's not the standard GINN recoilless rifle,'coz i said its some version of the recoilless rifle,not the actual thing.
Melchior

GINN OCHER eh? Nice spotting. That would probably mean they have a connection to Gibraltar, or were at one stage stationed in the African Community. Is there anywhere in Africa which might have a backdrop similar to that of Europe? (I'm no good with architecture and histroy, but perhaps at some stage European architects did some work in African cities?). If not, then perhaps they headed north from Africa to reach this city. The rifle in question does bear quite a resemblance to the OCHER's hyper-velocity rifle, although it isn't an exact match.
Last edited by Melchior on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravager

Probably around the Black Sea.Those areas revolted against the EA and ZAFT had garrisons there.
Melchior

But how would that be applicable to this situation? These guys are revolting agaisnt ZAFT, not the Alliance.
Ravager

Melchior wrote:But how would that be applicable to this situation? These guys are revoltign agaisnt ZAFT, not the Alliance.
Perhaps they went native and decided to become another Desert Dawn.Then ZAFT sent in enforcement squads to pacify these elements.

The Black Sea area is the best link to the "Eastern European" theory.And ZAFT only had any presence there in GSD shortly after the Alliance's nuke attack.

EDIT:Are you absolutely sure that those forces fighting against the BABIs are ZAFT deserters?I have a wildcard theory that the GINN OCHER and the Alliance vehicles are local militia that incorporated leftover/abandoned equipment from the 1st War and that they are resisting ZAFT's attempts to "peacekeep" the town.