Just a couple of ones...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vanishing Meteor

Just a couple of ones...

1. How come Shiro Amada didn't wet his pants when he was "electrocuted" by the Gouf Custom? He couldn't even move his arms properly right? and its a fact that when you're electrocuted with a high voltage you seem to lose control of your bladder...(this happened to me a while back..)

2. How can Iron Mask Carozzo on Gundam F91 survive going out to space without a normal/pilot's suit? (ref. to when he was reaching for Cecily Fairchild during the battle with the Rafflesia).

3. Where exactly in the Southeast Asia did the Gundam:08th MS team OVA happen?

4. How come Kira Yamato had a "flash" similar to the newtypes when he launched the Dragoons against the Nazca-class ships?Can a coordinator have a high-spacial awareness? (note:Mwu La Flaga is a Natural,while Rau Le Creuset was a clone).

5. What's the common (spiritual) religion throughout the UC timeline of Gundam? the same goes with Cosmic Era?

thanks again...^_^ for those who will answer these...

EDIT: added another question...forgot to post that one..sorry bout that by the way...
Last edited by Vanishing Meteor on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
Phantomexe87

1. How do we know he didn't?

2. He's a cyborg, or so I've been told.

3. I imagine Cambodia or Thailand.

4. He wasn't powerful enough just being the ultimate coordinator.
Vanishing Meteor

Phantomexe87 wrote:1. How do we know he didn't?

1. If you try to slow down the animation, you could see his pants but its not wet...

2. Cyborg means cybernetic organism which means some parts of you are still human, which would probably mean that you need some things that humans also require to live. (ie. oxygen)
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
Phantomexe87

Vanishing Meteor wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:1. How do we know he didn't?

1. If you try to slow down the animation, you could see his pants but its not wet...

2. Cyborg means cybernetic organism which means some parts of you are still human, which would probably mean that you need some things that humans also require to live. (ie. oxygen)
Yes, but you will notice he has a rather large mask (which could provide oxygen). It is also possible he no longer relies on oxygen, and is powered by something else. We have no idea how much of him is cybernetic and how much is organic after all.
Vanishing Meteor

Phantomexe87 wrote: Yes, but you will notice he has a rather large mask (which could provide oxygen). It is also possible he no longer relies on oxygen, and is powered by something else. We have no idea how much of him is cybernetic and how much is organic after all.
yeah you have a point there...but yet it made me wonder..how come the vacuum of space didnt suck his eyeballs out of him...mask or no mask its still just a mask...and the same goes for the rest of his body...he was only wearing a uniform!...how can a human suvive the coldness of space? even if he had some metal parts on him..it would still affect the his "human" side..
Phantomexe87

It's debatable, as we never see any flesh, we really don't know the extend of how much he is a cyborg. Even if just his vital organs exist, he is still a cyborg. He doesn't have eyeballs in any case, I am pretty certain he no longer has a face, hence why he has the robotic voice, and helmet on at all times. I doubt he really has much o a human side anymore, as we never see any flesh.
wing zero alpha

Re: Just a couple of ones...

Vanishing Meteor wrote:1. How come Shiro Amada didn't wet his pants when he was "electrocuted" by the Gouf Custom? He couldn't even move his arms properly right? and its a fact that when you're electrocuted with a high voltage you seem to lose control of your bladder...(this happened to me a while back..)
Gundam doesn't have to be that realistic, although I could see it happening.

"Aina....!"
"Shiro... What's that smell...?"
"....."
2. How can Iron Mask Carozzo on Gundam F91 survive going out to space without a normal/pilot's suit? (ref. to when he was reaching for Cecily Fairchild during the battle with the Rafflesia).
Me thinks he has a life support system underneath his uniform and helmet, a la Darth Vader.
3. Where exactly in the Southeast Asia did the Gundam:08th MS team OVA happen?
Dunno.
4. How come Kira Yamato had a "flash" similar to the newtypes when he launched the Dragoons against the Nazca-class ships?Can a coordinator have a high-spacial awareness? (note:Mwu La Flaga is a Natural,while Rau Le Creuset was a clone).
I always figured as the Ultimate Coordinator Kira would have spacial awareness, especially when Al Da Flaga and his father were compatriots of sorts. Other than that, I'd say just to add to the "coolness" factor.
"Kamille! Kamille!

Vanishing Meteor wrote:1. How come Shiro Amada didn't wet his pants when he was "electrocuted" by the Gouf Custom? He couldn't even move his arms properly right? and its a fact that when you're electrocuted with a high voltage you seem to lose control of your bladder...(this happened to me a while back..)
HAHA OH WOW.

Seriously, do you even want to see that?

OK then, why are there sound effects in space in Gundam? Why are the characters never shown eating or using the bathroom or sleeping?

Because it makes it more entertaining to watch.

I don't even know why I bothered responding to that...
Vanishing Meteor

Phantomexe87 wrote:It's debatable, as we never see any flesh, we really don't know the extend of how much he is a cyborg. Even if just his vital organs exist, he is still a cyborg. He doesn't have eyeballs in any case, I am pretty certain he no longer has a face, hence why he has the robotic voice, and helmet on at all times. I doubt he really has much o a human side anymore, as we never see any flesh.
hmm...so whats the point of this line anyways?...

Carozzo: I will only remove this mask after Cosmo Babylonia is completed.

it is also stated that he wore this mask only to hide his weakness and compassion when he was married to Cecily's mother..
wing zero alpha wrote:
"Aina....!"
"Shiro... What's that smell...?"
"....."
hehehe..you seem to get my point on that dialogue... :lol:

@ !kamille kamille!

have you forgotten the dozens of times shinn and his buddies spent on the minerva's "cafeteria"?

and have you also forgotten the part when lunamaria was taking a bath while meyrin was checking out her skirt? :lol:

and im pretty sure you're laughing right now because i got electrocuted and wet myself a while back.... :lol:

just my 3 credits though....
Last edited by Vanishing Meteor on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Vanishing Meteor wrote:\yeah you have a point there...but yet it made me wonder..how come the vacuum of space didnt suck his eyeballs out of him...mask or no mask its still just a mask...and the same goes for the rest of his body...he was only wearing a uniform!...how can a human suvive the coldness of space? even if he had some metal parts on him..it would still affect the his "human" side..
You can survive buck naked in space for a good 90 seconds or so. You'd even be conscious for around 10 of that. If you close your eyes, cover your ears, and exhale completely before you go out, you'll even be fine afterwards. His mask supposedly takes care of his eyes and ears, and if it's really well sealed, might even make exhaling unneccesary -- which gives him a lot more time of staying awake, because it's lack of air that makes you pass out rather than the direct effects of exposure to vacuum.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Draco Starcloud

Why doesn't Iron Mask suffer ill effects of space?

My guess is that his helmet can be made as secure as a space helmet when he needs it to be. It probobly also has an opening either on the face or in the bottom so he can eat and drink when need be. His uniform is also likely hiding a bodysuit or spacesuit of some kind that protects him from the ill effects of space.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Knight Of Zinc

I can think of two possible reasons for #1.

A) Shiro already went to the washroom before heading out & so his bladder was already empty.

B) It has been suggested by some (http://mahq.net/rants/musing/musing11.htm) that MS pilots use medicines to suppress the need to relieve oneself before going on long missions. It could be a result of this.
BATTLE FEVER G!

GUNDAM ROSE! Oui!
GUNDAM BOLT! Da!
GUNDAM DRAGON! Ni Hao!
GUNDAM MAXTER! Yay!

SHINING GUNDAM! OOOOHHHH!!!
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

What I have to say about the Shiro wetting himself thing:

"Does it really matter????" Or "do you really want to see that????" :roll:
Zeonic Glory

I think 8th MS Team takes place in Thailand or Vietnam. People had said it gives them a Vietnam feeling but I'll say Thailand because it has most of the climates shown. (eg. mountains, jungles, lakes)

Shiro wetting his pants, he probably did take medicine for it. But, I don't think people would want to see Shiro hobbling away with a yellow cast on his leg at the end :roll: .

Kira's flash, could be just Fukada's way of showing you: "Kira is teh best!!11!!1!1!!!11!". Seriously, I think they want to make him look more godlike and untouchable (Kenshin is only one who deserves to be godlike :wink: ). IF they decide to retcon Kira into a person with high spatial awareness, it would probably be to sell Strike Freedom model kits...

For a religion, I believe most of UC is probably atheist while people in F91 worship Iron Mask or the Ronah family's dream of Cosmo Bablyonia while Victory Gundam has them worshipping Queen Maria and the goals and motives of Zanscare and League Militare (means Holy Allaince) is probably Catholic/Christian. CE people are probably mostly athiest while some people worship Patrick Zala's ideals or worship Lacus Clyne, TSA, Uzumi's ideals,etc.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Lert

1. The Ez8 got electrocuted. It's circuit breakers fried. Shiro didn't get the voltage. If he had, he'd be dead - I can't imagine any pilot surviving enough voltage to fry his suit's circuit breakers.

Besides, I'm sure the designers of Mobile Suits - especially Gundams - would be smart enough to insulate the cockpit.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Ryujin

NASA astronauts wear "maximum absorbency garments," aka adult diapers, on take-off, landing & EVAs. The material can absorb up to 400x its weight nowadays.
The Big Zabowski

Vanishing Meteor wrote:1. How come Shiro Amada didn't wet his pants when he was "electrocuted" by the Gouf Custom? He couldn't even move his arms properly right? and its a fact that when you're electrocuted with a high voltage you seem to lose control of your bladder...(this happened to me a while back..).
I believe the seat padding (Possibly rubberized) could have protected shiro's arse from the fried circuits. He is seen throwing up his arms as the breakers blow, but had he been holding the control levers, he would have been fine due to more rubberized padding/grippers on the control sticks (IIRC that's what the crosshatching is on the closeups of the sticks).

Either way, I don't think he really had any contact with metal on that MS as it was fried...
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
DeltasTaii

I really don't see how giving Kira a flash is supposed to sell more models. Or anything. People aren't going to walk out and go "OMG, now that Kira is teh leet newtype, I must buy more stuff!"

It's there for the same reason it's always been-newtypes are generally interesting stuff, and handy plot devices if need be too. It's not as if it jumped out of nowhere, just watch the last battle of SEED. He's doing at least as much newtype stuff as Jerid in Zeta.

One could look at it as just another one of those deep running connections of Gundam-dom to have people evolve (along with the war=teh suck themes, dependance on young'uns, etc.), but in CE development of newtypes has been sporked by most spacenoids being already rather advanced Coordinators.

For what it's worth, there do appear to be a large chunk of Coordinator who worship George Glenn. Kind of cultish though, which makes it probably less relevant than Zanscare...
Phantomexe87

DeltasTaii wrote: For what it's worth, there do appear to be a large chunk of Coordinator who worship George Glenn. Kind of cultish though, which makes it probably less relevant than Zanscare...
I would say their disturbing adoration and worship of Lacus Clyne is more like Zanscare's Maria, then anything else.
wing zero alpha

Zeonic Glory wrote:For a religion, I believe most of UC is probably atheist while people in F91 worship Iron Mask or the Ronah family's dream of Cosmo Bablyonia while Victory Gundam has them worshipping Queen Maria and the goals and motives of Zanscare and League Militare (means Holy Allaince) is probably Catholic/Christian. CE people are probably mostly athiest while some people worship Patrick Zala's ideals or worship Lacus Clyne, TSA, Uzumi's ideals,etc.
No offense, but by that logic then Joseph Stalin and many like him had whole religions to themselves. I think you're confusing the average cult of personality that you see with most Gundam dictatorships with mainstream stuff like Christianity, Judaism, etc. Really, the only thing that comes close to that is the whole belief system surrounding newtypes as the next chosen race.
Phantomexe87 wrote:I would say their disturbing adoration and worship of Lacus Clyne is more like Zanscare's Maria, then anything else.
Speaking in Lacus' defense, at least she wasn't advocating mass genocides with motorcycle battleships that roll over establishments and giant psi-emitters that turn people into vegetables.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.