Name that vehicle!

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Melchior

Name that vehicle!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/ ... wtank1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/ ... wtank2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/ ... wtank3.jpg

Above is three images of a tank from Destiny Astray (the Mina special). Is anyone able to identify it for me? The first is probably the best view of it you'll get, the second is a back view of it firing while the third just shows it getting destroyed by those BABIs. At first i thought it was the Linear Tank or Linear Artillery, but that radome is on the left hand side, which doesn't match either of those vehicles. ZAFT does have similar vehicles (they're not listed on MAHQ, but you see them being used to protect Berlin from Destroy) and since they're being operated by a bunch of ZAFT deserters it would make sense for it to be a ZAFT vehicle, but without any hard data to go on I was hoping someone could identify it for me?

Mod Edit: Links replaced with more rule-friendly links. ~DS
CHASER

Lets see, it has 8 wheels with tires, and a missile turret on top. My guess would be that it's a completely different vehicle alltogether, seeing as it's shape and design isn't very similar to the Linear Tank.

Like you said, it makes sense to be a ZAFT vehicle, but there's not enough information about it.
bluemax151

Isn't that in Zaft II? or is that just something similar?
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Melchior

Um, what do you mean by "ZAFT II"?
bluemax151

Melchior wrote:Um, what do you mean by "ZAFT II"?
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Federation vs. ZAFT II Plus for PS2
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Melchior

O I see. Well I haven't played that game so I couldn't tell you whether or not it appears, but hopefully someone can shed light on this.
Brave Fencer Kirby

And here I thought this thread was going to be a Gundamized version of "Who's That Pokemon?" :wink:

As CHASER points out, it looks more like an anti-air vehicle than an MBT. It reminds me of the TOW missile launcher jeeps we see in Side 7 and Heliopolis (though I can't tell if those missiles are wired because of the smoke trail they leave in the second photo, and they look like they're mounted on an APC rather than a jeep), but I couldn't tell you anything more specific than that. Sorry.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Jericho

It's an AA vehicle alright. The radome in the centre gives it away, that's the targeting system. It looks a Crotale but with square missile boxes like the Patriot. And like the patriot it can use its missiles against more than just aircrafts. Well it's not really difficult to hit a giant of a MS but still.
Zeonic Glory

I also think that "tank" is actually an AA vehicle. On a side note, that is one crazy loadout that the Ginn in the first picture has. I have never seen that machine gun before but it is now my favorite! It also goes well with the shield for some reason...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Destroy Gundam

The "machinegun" is the GINN OCHER's MMI-XM17 experimental 37.5mm hyper-velocity rifle, apparently modified, as the lineart and animation doesn't show the ammo belt.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Melchior

Zeonic Glory wrote:I also think that "tank" is actually an AA vehicle. On a side note, that is one crazy loadout that the Ginn in the first picture has. I have never seen that machine gun before but it is now my favorite! It also goes well with the shield for some reason...
Lol, I think that shield is a Strike Dagger's shield. Thats why I wasn't gunna write off the chance that the vehicle was Alliance in origin, since they have other Alliance equipment. I'm not 100% sure of whats going on, but it seems the ZAFT deserters are protecting the city, so maybe the city is a deserter as well (a terrestorial ally of ZAFT that no longer wants anything to do with them?).

Destiny Astray paints ZAFT in a far darker shade than the series does, Apparently this is just one of many cities on Earth that ZAFT has trashed.
The "machinegun" is the GINN OCHER's MMI-XM17 experimental 37.5mm hyper-velocity rifle, apparently modified, as the lineart and animation doesn't show the ammo belt.
I believe in one of the other pics you can see quite a large drum on the back of the GINN, so it must have a lot of ammo! Too bad it didn't make any difference against those BABIs.
Nightwing03

IMO, i think it resembles a Humvee Avenger..because it has the rectangle-ish missle thingies..
♣♦♠♥
The Big Zabowski

It's probably based off of this, the US Army's new Striker APC Vehicle, which is slated to replace the Bradley and some of the Humvee's sortie capabilities and I think can mount some TOW launchers like the depicted vehicle (they are TOWs, the wire is barely visible from what I see). The similarities are uncanny, which makes me wonder if this is actually an Alliance design that fell into Zaft hands when they went turncoat.

But, I'm gonna call it a Eurasian Federation Vehicle because of the background landscapes screaming downtown Eastern Europe..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Melchior

The Big Zabowski wrote: But, I'm gonna call it a Eurasian Federation Vehicle because of the background landscapes screaming downtown Eastern Europe..
The backdrop does indeed indicate Eurasia, but as I said, these are ZAFT deserters. They have no relationship to the Alliance (past or present). Its hard to understand why a Eurasian city would be protected by former ZAFT soldiers, from current ZAFT soldiers. Eurasia was split between those loyal to the Alliance and those seeking refuge with ZAFT. It seems rediculous that in such a short time period this city would desert the Alliance, join ZAFT, and the deseet ZAFT as well (from what i can tell, this battle is around Phase 13/14 of Destiny).
Ravager

BABIs only made their debuts at around Phase 26/27/28 when Lacus Clyne hijacks Meer's shuttle to get to Terminal.
Destroy Gundam

Those were the first animated appearences. For all we know, ZAFT had them at Phase 1.
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
Ravager

If ZAFT had them at Phase 1 they wouldn't be using DINNs at Armory One,one of their cutting edge military production facilities,now would they?

They also don't appear in Operation Spear of Twilight to cover the orbital drops.
Destroy Gundam

We seem to be getting off track. Can anyone identify the weapon the GINN is using on page 12?
lalahsghost

*Admin Note* I also don't feel comfortable with those links of yours, Melchior. They contain full page manga scans. Definitely not kosher :( If you would isolate the images (crop) and put them in their own section I.E. not along with the whole manga, It'll be fine... but we can't have links to tons of copyrighted material. See where I'm coming from?
Draco Starcloud

Don't worry, LG, I'm on the case.

The links in the opening post have been replaced with new links depicting only the parts of the pages featuring the vehicle in question.

Also, the GiNN in the second picture looks like it's using some kind of handheld artillery gun.

Thanks! :) ~LG
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10