Beam Weapons : voltage consumation problem

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Akuma_Blade

Beam Weapons : voltage consumation problem

How I can calculate a unit's without-a-stand-by full attack time to one target by beam weapons or beam rifles? Please help
ShadowCell

What the hell are you talking about?
Zerosystem

I think he's trying to figure out how long it takes for a MS to target and kill another MS with a beam rifle...

It really depends on skill, and how well you can manipulate MS.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Akuma_Blade

ShadowCell wrote:What the hell are you talking about?
Example :

Model number: MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 2020 kW
Optional hand armaments: (BOWA) XBR-M87A2 beam rifle, power rated at 5.7 MW,
hyper mega launcher, power rated at 8.3 MW, powered by replaceable e-pac, doubles as large beam saber

We are operating Zeta Gundam and shoot mobile or stabiled ONE target.My problem is here , i want found attack time and in power run out situation power overload time.Thanks...

I can ask this question because , I just want know voltage output and beam weapon's power expend rate rule.

...And any website is not includue my problem's direct contacked solution or positive information.

( Dear friend , ShadowCell please read our PM )
Mark064

The info comes from Japanese books there are no calculations involved.
ShadowCell

And shouldn't this be moved to Mecha and Technology?
Akuma_Blade

ShadowCell wrote:And shouldn't this be moved to Mecha and Technology?
Dear friend , i was energy weapon question to post under "Technology" thread and you was post me "What are you talking about???"
Rei Murasame

Are you asking specifically about the e-paks of these weapons, or is this about the entire MS??
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Shadowslayer

fastest Beamrifle in the colonies

Those outputs are peak power loads. A watt is a measure of power per second. So said mecha reactor is able to produce 2020KW every sec. Now the beam rifle isn't using just raw electricity to fire the beam. The beam is a mega particle beam that does enough damage to equal 5.7 megawatts of power. A Watt is a generic unit of energy you can describe alot of stuff with it. Like a 100watt light bulb is actually outputting 80 watts as heat and 20 as light (inefficient buggers). If I were to punch my roommate the force of the blow is equal to about 200watts of energy 400 if I was in shape. Now beam weapons in gundam just so happen to be particle weapons (minovski particles) theses nifty particles are generated by the fusion reactors they use But the reactors in Mobile suits are too small to create enough of them to power a single shot of a beam rifle which would require extra equipment that the MS doesn't have to do it anyway. So the rifles have a clip which is charged by the reactor of the capitalship, base, large truck, or whatever. So you have you clip with enough minovski particles compressed to just the point of fusing into megaparticles. Said particles go from the clip into a firing chamber in the rifle (still compressed) then get zapped by the mechs reactor which makes them undergo weird minovski fusion which turns them into mega particles that expand like crazy fly out the barrel as a beam of particles at sublight speed and slam into an enemy zaku blowing it ski high. Since the MS's reactor can output 2.02MW 24x7 (till fuel exhaustion that is) you can fire as fast as the rifle can cycle. The fastest beamfile i've seen in gundam so far is about 2 shots a second on avg. As far a human targetting reaction time try paintball or quake you'll quickly find its in the less than a second range. Human reaction time is about 400milisec or better.
I reject your reality and Substitute my own!
Cardinal_Gundam

Re: Beam Weapons : voltage consumation problem

Shadowslayer wrote:Those outputs are peak power loads. A watt is a measure of power per second. So said mecha reactor is able to produce 2020KW every sec.
Just out of curiousity, does it specifically say anywhere that the unit of measurement is "per second." I ask because most generators/ power plants are rated at "per hour" like your home usage is. Also if it only puts out 2.02MW how does it use weapons that use 5.7MW and 8.3MW? It would seem to me that theres no way you could power the weapons, the suits hydraulic systems, Computer systems, and keep the reactor stable if you use all the energy in one hit. And batteries don't really work since they would be too bulky and expensive to produce.
Majin Tenshi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt
A watt is energy over time, joules per second. Watts per unit time is nonsense unless you're talking about change in output.

To Akuma_Blade:
There is not a strong relation between reactor and weapon output or rate of fire. Most MS in Gundam use E-Pacs or E-Caps because they can't charge their own shots at a decent rate. These work like clips full of bullets.

The reactor only comes into play like the hammer in a soldier's rifle. It just has to ignite the stored shot. If MS had to charge their own shots, they'd be firing at a muzzle loader rate, effectively assembling each bullet per shot.

This does not take into account type of power produced either. We know how many MW the reactor outputs, but not what form that takes. Electricity is useless for charging a beam in Gundam. You need minovsky particles.
mcred23

Guys, please look at how old a thread is before you start posting in it. A thread that hasn't been used in a few weeks or even a couple of months is one thing, but a thread that was last posted in over three years ago doesn't need to be brought back up. :roll:

Locked.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')