Turn-A Gundam MSiA

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kittie Rose

Turn-A Gundam MSiA

Though initially impressed, I was rather disappointed after more closely inspecting pictures of the 1/100 and 1/144 Turn-A Gundam figures. It's a shame it never got a Mastergrade or 1/144 High Grade.

However, I have noticed it got both a "Titanium" figure, and a MSiA figures. The titanium figure is out of my price range; but the MSiA figure looks like it could be one time when the MSiA is actually a more preferable buy.

What do you think? I love that it comes with so many cool accessories too, but I guess so do the model kits. Is it more stable than a model kit? I know people generally don't like MSiAs, but the Turn-A looks very detailed for what it is.

If anyone could provide high res pics or a review of the Turn-A MSiA I'd really appreciate it.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Then 1/100 is a loverly kit and usually takes centre place on my Gundam Shelf.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/ ... GP0129.jpg
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Kokopelli

The Turn A does have a 1/144 kit, that's pretty much HG quality. By 1/144 figure do you mean the MSiA? Those usually aren't exactly 1/144. I guarantee that the NMM figure is not out of your price range since a) its an obscure mech and b) its not as popular as other Gundams. I consistantly see them going for $10-25 on Ebay.
Kittie Rose

Really? The one I saw was for $60. Factor in shipping and that's quite a bit.

Do you know any places that would have it in? Would the MSiA be better though since I collect 1/144s? Would the shipping be quite a lot?
bluemax151

I got mine back in 99(?) and I have to say I don't like the MSIA much myself. I find it to be kinda lacking in the movement department and the whole figure is kind flimsy or bendy if you will. The hammer it comes with was okay then but now that they have that MSIA scale ball and chain with actual chain and not just like a solid piece of plastic it's lame. If you can get it cheap it's not bad considering how old of an MSIA it is but if the 1/44 is a decent kit just get that.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
zaku69

Have the 1/100, the MSIA and the Titanium versions of the Turn-A (and I don't even like the design), And out of all of them the Titanium version is the most impressive. Solidly built. lots of weapons and accesories and the leg has these pretty cool spring action joints and gimmics.

If yu gots the funds I suggest the Titanium Version.
SEIGE ZION!
[ ^_^]
Mwulf

What do you think of the 1/100? Of all the versions, it has the best price.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
lalahsghost

I will have to say that the 1/144 has the best poseability of the two. The 1/144 has a double waist joint in the red lower torso, while the 1/100 has only one joint, because of the nuclear silos in the chest. For posing, I prefer the 1/144, but for size and detail, the 1/100. I say for the price of them, get both.
Last edited by lalahsghost on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlasticFrog

lalahsghost wrote:I will have to say that the 1/144 has the best poseability of the two. The 1/144 has a double waist joint in the red lower torso, while the 1/100 has only one joint, because of the nuclear silos in the chest. For posing, I prefer the 1/144, but for size and detail, the 1/100. I say for the price of them, get both.
Sorry for asking this, but did you type that with your eyes closed? Or while drunk? :lol:

I read your other posts, and I know that's not the way you usually type. :wink:
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea
Metal Legend

Sorry for asking this, but did you type that with your eyes closed? Or while drunk?

I read your other posts, and I know that's not the way you usually type.
hahhahahhahahahahha....never type after booze...you always regret it the next day
The Big Zabowski

It's confirmed: LG partyed too hard, too early last night.. But I'm amazed he could use the quote function, let alone post..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zeonic Glory

Folks, the lesson here is that any Forum Staff knows how to have fun and party. But sometimes they party too much :? ....

As for Turn-A MiSA, I never knew they made those...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
SNT1

ok guys, tis funny, but lets get back on topic. As lalah would say,
lalahsghost wrote:
ahahah wqs afunny as the last three pages og y6our thread has beemn, try ot kkep the rqndom hchatter outm asd keep it forum relqted, okaty dracol; & others?

...Crap! I just violated my own moderating. Well, at least, it shared the same message.
Kittie Rose

The 1/144 is sounding like a good bet now, then, with the NMM if I can find it cheap.

Does anyone have any pics of the 1/144 completed, unpainted, and completed, painted? Can't find them on Dalong.
Metal Legend

Dalong only really dispalys newer kits, by that HGUC, HGSeed, MG, PG and etc.

Damn can't find any pics....sorry
Kittie Rose

The 1/144 doesn't come with the cool accessories the MSiA comes with though, and I'll have to paint it :/

I dunno, I think I might get the MSiA after all as I need one in 1/144 scale. For the larger scale I'll either save up for the NMM or wait until they make a Mastergrade. I can't find a good prices MSiA Turn-A anywhere though...