Round 1, Fight 9: Neo Trinidad and Tobago vs. Neo China

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

"Hmmm... not scared of beams eh...?" Chase says, "Thanks for showing me that."

With that, the Slayer Gundam once again charges in on the Calypso Gundam. The downhill speed will definately give him the momentum he needs to make this hit count.

Pulling out his Beam Nagamaki once again, he speeds up towards the enemy unit. He needed to time this attack.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
artmaster079

Seeing the Slayer start up its attack again made Amir smile. This is it? he thought to himself.

He oh so slowly began to pull out his heat cutlass, but he also begans to walk backwards a bit as well.

"He's coming fast downhill, there's no point in rushing uphill, he'll just use his kung fu on me and snap me in half or something" thought Amir, "it almost seems that he wants me to mess up somehow..."

Amir brought up his rear camera on a secondary smaller panel, and began to think. "I got it!" he said happily.

From outside, the Calypso stops pulling out his cutlass (but doesn't put it back), instead he simply raises his left arm straight out and turns his arm towards him, placing the shield just below his line of sight and blocking the Calypso's torso.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

"Big mistake..." Chase says, getting within range to attack. But he didnt slash at the unit. At first thought, it would be a dumb move, but Chase had a plan. He wasnt quite expecting the damn shield to be in his way, so he'll improvise.

As he faces the Calypso Gundam, he jerks right and blows past the unit before making a quick turnaround and attacking the unit's arm with the Nagamaki's long reach.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
artmaster079

(OOC: remenber, last post until Monday, EZ8)

"Drumroll" said Amir rather anti-climatically.

As the Slayer moves to his left, the Calypso Gundam stands still while the Offensive shield launches off the Calypso's left arm and goes around the right side of the Calypso, straight at the Slayer. At the same time, Amir unsheaths the entire cutlass now.

Careful Mr. Neo China, I'm just as clever as you...

OOC: Duely noted...

A flying shield... interesting indeed. Chase dodged the offensive shield and blasts it with his beam gun to try and take it out of the fight. He then notices the cutlass out.

"About time... he's finally taking me seriously." Chase says to himself as he readied the Nagamaki.

Thus far, he hasnt done much "hit-and-run." But now that the cutlass is out, hit-and-run is pointless. He'll just win in a pure C&C fight, where he excels.
artmaster079

Still standing in the same spot, the Calypso Gundam's left arm remained extended until the Offensive Shield returned to its dock. With that he lowered his arm and slowly turned his head to look at the Slayer Gundam.

The incline of the volcano was slowly, but gradually getting steeper. Amir knew this fight was going to go even higher before it was over, yet he felt happy.

"Hey, Neo China! Hold up, I want to talk to you for a sec," he finally spoke over the Gundam's speakers " um... what's your name again? Chin? No.. Chazz?"

"Hey, Neo China! Hold up, I want to talk to you for a sec," The Neo Trinidadian finally spoke over the Gundam's speakers " um... what's your name again? Chin? No.. Chazz?"

"What the hell is he trying to get at?" Chase wonders to himself, "We're in the middle of a fight and he wants to talk..."

Keeping his Nagamaki at ready, he replies, "It's Chase... and unlike you I know who you are, Amir..."

We was ready to strike at moment's notice. If the man's plan was to waste time, he was only delaying an eventual defeat.
artmaster079

OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot to say i was back :lol:

IC:
"Heh, my bad, that's right, Chase Lee... sorry, I've been preocupied the last couple of days.... anyway, Chase I just wanted you to know that this is the first interesting fight i've had in this ENTIRE tournament. No one I fought in the Survival Eleven were any challenge" he said with a smile.

The Calypso Gundam slowly raises its long cutlass to point at his opponent "I only hope you keep it up, Chase Lee, I don't like being disappointed, hell, at this rate I may even have to use my Super Mode... although I hope it doesn't come to that".

"Right..." Chase says dully, "I havent been getting what I'm expecting though. You're said to be good, but I have yet to see the proof to back that rep of yours."

Chase hated having conversations in the middle of a fight like this. It gave him some cool off time, but it gave the other guy too much time to rest up as well. His Nagamaki continues to be on ready. Before long, he had grown tired of waiting... and lurched forward with a charge.

"No time for talk! This is a Gundam fight!" he says as he closes in for a slash.
artmaster079

"Right..." Chase says dully, "I havent been getting what I'm expecting though. You're said to be good, but I have yet to see the proof to back that rep of yours."

As the Slayer Gundam rushed to attack, Amir couldn't help but smile again, "Disapointed, eh? Fine, but you're gonna regret saying that by the time this is over!" he says as he charges his opponent, Heat Cutlass at the ready...

The enemy Gundam was charging as well... perfect. It was all about timing now, and it could be over soon.

Chase kept his charge up as well, readying his Nagamaki for a slash. And as soon as he got within range, he swung his weapon at the Calypso's head with a quick, downward's slash.
artmaster079

(OOC: EZ8, is our fight the only one that seems to be active these days, or is it just me?)

Amir blocked the attack with his shield and countered by pushing back the Nagamaki, still moving towards the Slayer, he pushed himself into the opponent, shield-first, hoping to knock him back.

Before any sort of crazy counterattack could be made, Amir made an upwards slash at the Slayer, hoping it would damage the head.

OOC: Yeah... its quite interesting that way.

Chase wasnt quite expecting the quick counter, so he'll need to compromise. Now they are close together, he needed to watch himself for any close attacks.

The heat cutlass swung through, and he parried the attack with his Nagamaki, locking it in one of those cliche'd saber locks. Seizing the opportunity, Chase takes his free arm and grabs the Calypso's head, holding on to it like he was palming a basketball.

"This is where it ends..." Chase says coldly, "BURNING SHOT!!!"

The Slayer Gundam's hand glows as the mounted beam gun charges up. Soon, the pink beam changes to its fiery orange color. It was ready. With that, Chase fired the attack.

OOC: I'll leave this open for you to counter and take advantage of the Slayer's temporarily deactivated arm. :)
artmaster079

DAMNIT! thought Amir as the Slayer immediately countered his counterattack (OOC: is that even possible?) and grabbed the Calypso Gundam's head.

Vulcans? No. Pulling away? No time. he thought frantically as he notices the Slayer's arm begin to glow. Is.. is that the legendary Burning Shot i've heard about?

Realizing his impending demise, Amir yelled "I"M NOT GOING OUT LIKE THIS!!!" and unsheathed his second heat cutlass and slashed into the Slayer Gundam's now orange-glowing arm, forcing its hand off of the Calypso's head and shifing its arm to its left. Unfortunately, it was still in range of the Calypso's right shoulder armor...

(OOC: Yeah, I had to give you something for that legendary attack :lol: )

OOC: Holy crap... your shoulder is now gonna be in a world of hurt...

The heat cutlass cut into his arm, and he could feel the pain. Searing into his arm, he felt like his arm was being chopped off. Technically, it was being sliced into, but that didnt stop him from firing the attack as the Burning Shot was sent right into the Calypso's shoulder.

The large beam went straight at its unintended target at full speed, tearing right into the Calypso's shoulder. Chase couldnt imagine the pain that the enemy pilot must be feeling, as the attack hardly ever missed the intended target to end the fight. It was to Amir's disadvantage that he rerouted the attack to the shoulder.

Meanwhile, Chase could feel the left arm shutting down temporarily due to the power constraints. It would relieve him of the pain for a bit until power is restored to Slayer's arm.
artmaster079

An almost unbearable pain sheared through Amir's right shoulder as more than three-fourths of the Calypso Gundam's shoulder armor was gone (all that remained was the piece directly over the arm - basically the armor closest to the torso). He also felt some damage to the arm itself, however, he had no time to check it.

The pain was blinding, however, Amir was trained to not stop and worry about it, especially so close to his enemy. Clenching his teeth, he turned his damaged shoulder away and slashed again at the Slayer's non-functioning arm.

Chase noticed the Calypso go for his arm, but it mattered little. The arm was shut off, and he couldnt feel a thing except the slight tingling resulting from the shock being sent to the arm earlier. The cutlass hit the left arm and cut into it, and Chase saw his opportunity to counterattack.

The Calypso was now exposed, wide open for an attack as one arm was damaged and the other was stuck attacking Chase's left arm. Chase took the opportunity to attack the head with his Nagamaki, quickly swinging the large beam blade right at the Calypso's head while firing his machinecannons at the Calypso's arm joint. He had this... he just needed to hit his attacks...
artmaster079

Amir knew he would attack the Calypso's exposed body, so after swinging he immediately dropped into a crouching stance (but barely missing the large beam blade from skewering his head, it gently grazed the top of the Calypso's V-crest).

Chase's machinecannons were targeting his damaged arm, they seem like wild shots thought Amir as only one or two actually made contact with his arm. Amir dashed forward quickly and started to rise again, once he was past the Nagamaki's beam, and began to ram into the Slayer using his good shoulder. He wasn't sure how long he could hold back the pain...

"Crazy bastard..." Chase muttered as he boosted upwards with a jump. Hovering, he waited as the Calypso rised from its crouched position. Within moments his arm's power could be restored to give him another chance at using his remaining Blazing Shots. It comes with the cost of pain, but he was used to it. It wasnt the first time he has been slashed in the arm.

"Aim for either the good shoulder arm or the head in the next attack..." Chase thought to himself. When the Calypso finally got up to its standing position again, Chase came back to attack again.

"You've done well playing the defensive... but you can only last so long with a bum shoulder!" Chase yelled out as he attacked again with his Nagamaki.
artmaster079

(OOC: We're still on the slope of the volcano, aren't we? If so, I think we need to incorporate it again....)

The Calypso Gundam stood still, left shoulder facing his opponent and waiting for his next move. Amir looked at the right arm, he was still holding the Cutlass, and was slowly bending the elbow. Every time he moved the shoulder, he felt more pain.

At least it's not dead weight.. he thought, that's an unbelievable amount of power in that one attack, no wonder his arm shut down temporariliy.... maybe...should I use it?

Amir looked around at his environment, he needed to use anything he could to gain a lead. Then of course, the Slayer began another rush attack again "You've done well playing the defensive... but you can only last so long with a bum shoulder!" Chase yelled.

"Really? Fine then, let's both play offensive, Chase!" he yelled back and boosted towards the Slayer Gundam, cutlass at the ready...