Zaku in ZZ Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
marito yuy

Zaku in ZZ Gundam

In ZZ Gundam Judau Ashta finds a Zaku. Why was that Zaku laying there in space? Has that Zaku been there since the OYW? If so people really are lazy and dont clean up.
Mwulf

Well... yeah. There's WAY too much stuff floating around to ever even begin to clean up. The number of shoal zones oughtta give that away.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Zeonic Glory

Its not surprising to find an MS in space. The OYW had a lot of wrecked units in space. I believe the EF were more concerned with rebuilding effort and Zeon was more concerned with gathering military strength and resources than to worry about cleaning up Space. That means space environmentalists have a new slogan: "Always recycle your Mobile Suits!". Anyone could make a trip into space, pick up a few parts, and probably turn it into an original or refitted unit.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Hyakushiki

In fact the Zaku II F-Type was still in use right up to ZZ gundam era.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
YazanGable

Following the OYW, space was packed with wrecked MS debris. Which is part of why Judau is actually pretty floored to find a Zaku II fully intact (the big surprise isn't finding a Zaku II in that era. It's finding one that works and, thus, can be resold to a collector.)

It's similar to how the Jupitris crew in Zeta is surprised when Reccoa flies in with a working Gelgoog.

People are used to seeing them either in pieces or in museums. It's only rare if you find one intact/working.
Random Zaku Pilot

The mobile suit is like the mine fields still left behind since old wars there to many wreckage or to many other problems to dispose of them
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Zeta gundam too, didn't the Gelgoog Reccoa used come from a ruined ship?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Hyakushiki

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Zeta gundam too, didn't the Gelgoog Reccoa used come from a ruined ship?
You're right it did.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Zeonic Glory wrote:Anyone could make a trip into space, pick up a few parts, and probably turn it into an original or refitted unit.
This is actually what Judau and his friends did for a living before the Argama showed up at Shangri-La; they pulled salvage in from space using petit MS, and then sold it for cash. That goes a long way to explaining a) why Judau is so good with MS despite a complete lack of formal training (supposedly, piloting a petit MS is very similar to piloting a full sized MS) and b) why he's so keen to swipe the Zeta when he first lays eyes on it (he knows how much an intact mobile suit -- especially one of that calibur -- is really worth on the open market).
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Red XIV

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Zeta gundam too, didn't the Gelgoog Reccoa used come from a ruined ship?
And in fact the Gelgoog itself was also ruined.

They combined its parts with those of a Nemo to produce what looked like a functional Gelgoog.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yep...all they really did was make it mobile and the feint of armor and everything. I doubt they made it anymore usable than that though, aside from that 1 time use as an power source for the Mega Bazooka Launcher.

I'd also guess that, aside from being too much to clean up, that (for Zeon at least. Dunno about the Federation given how corrupt they become) it's a sense of honor and letting the soldiers rest in peace...sort of like how, in Gundam SEED, the Archangel crew was so hesitant to get needed supplies from the Junius 7 wreckage.

Another note in terms of restoring wreckages and such, at least in the profile, there's the XMA-02 Ebirhu Doga. The NZ-333 Alpha Azieru must've been more or less intact, despite the very crippling destruction it had in CCA, for the Buch Concern to be able to reverse-engineer it and make a powerful new weapon from it.

That's another advantage of exploring such places where there's lots of wreckage...heck, if the Nu Gundam and/or Sazabi merely exploded and left remains instead of vanishing, there could've possibly been more MS or even MA created with the Psycoframe installed in them and such. (Assuming there is enough of their remains)
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Wingnut

Re: reply

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:Another note in terms of restoring wreckages and such, at least in the profile, there's the XMA-02 Ebirhu Doga. The NZ-333 Alpha Azieru must've been more or less intact, despite the very crippling destruction it had in CCA, for the Buch Concern to be able to reverse-engineer it and make a powerful new weapon from it.
I still say they found Quess's Jagd Doga instead. It's got all the psycommu tech they'd need and aside from the right arm was still in one piece.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah, I'd guess that would make a lot more sense given it was basically left floating in space.

The only way I can think that it wouldn't be there is if it got blown up during the battle(s) or something.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Hyakushiki

Space salvage sounds like a rather lucrative career. Space colonies must be willing to pay to clear debris that could damage them and pose a navigation
hazard to ships attempting to dock.
razgriz

did anyone try to hijack and reverse engineer the remains of the hyaku shiki, probably the most famous/infamous floating wreck in gundamdom? or by then was the suit not really that much impressive since its superb performance lay in the hands of its pilot and not the system within?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Brave Fencer Kirby

razgriz wrote:did anyone try to hijack and reverse engineer the remains of the hyaku shiki, probably the most famous/infamous floating wreck in gundamdom?
The Hyaku Shiki was recovered and rebuilt; it's sent back to the Argama during ZZ, after a lengthy stay with AE for repairs.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Crusader

just like the quin mantha was made off the psycho gundam mk II.
HalfDemonInuyasha

And it's not like there was that much to recover and reverse-engineer in the first place...all that was really left was the torso, lol.

And by that time, the Hyaku Shiki was pretty outdated as well. Remember the thing came out near the very beginning of the Gryps War and was one of the earliest new MS for the AEUG, so I don't think anyone else would've been able to find anything of significant difference that could be found in most other MS by that time.
Zeonic Glory

Actually, the Hyaku Shiki, Gundam Mk. II, and Zeta Gundam were destroyed towards the end of ZZ Gundam. (I haven't seen it yet, I read the MAHQ Review). The odds of it being recovered after that are pretty slim...

As for MS salvaging, thats one of the things the CE Junk Techs do. That is the coolest job. You can just find parts and refit/make original units with them...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Actually, it's unknown with the ZZ Gundam because of the Gump in Skull Heart and the Victory Gundam sidestory. (and I believe the Gundam Evolve with the ZZ Gundam was after ZZ as well)

And even the Mark II and Zeta Gundam were never seen to have been "destroyed", but they are presumed to be since you never see them again. At the very least, they were probably cleared out of Axis after its takeover and, I would also presume, that the remains of the Zeta Gundam could've been used for helping to make the Re-GZ later on. That's just my thought, though.