Beam Spray Gun II?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Beam Spray Gun II?

Sheesh, I'm having a lot of questions lately, huh?

Anyways, I was merely wondering how the RX-79Ez-8/HMC Gundam Ez8 High Mobility Custom's Beam Spray Gun (II as it's called) was "modified" from a normal Beam Spray Gun and how it was any different, if different at all.

More power perhaps?? From the looks of the image, it looks a bit larger than a normal Beam Spray Gun.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Draco Starcloud

I would guess it's either a new model of Beam Spray Gun or a weapon that serves as a transition between the Beam Spray Gun and the Federation's first MP-ed Beam Rifle, the GM II's.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
mcred23

My guess is that is was merely just a custom weapon for that mobile suit in that game and was never actually used in UC (Much like the MS that uses it).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Dendrobium Stamen

Unless I'm mistaken, the BSG Mk.II is said to be the short-range beam weapon of choice for the GM Kai, and seems to be little more than an '83 upgrade to the weapon to go with the upgraded massproduction GM.

To come back to Draco's point, it does look somewhat like a mid-stage between the GM's original BSG and the GM II's beam rifle, in my opinion. As an aside, the Master Grade GM Quel kit seems to come with the same rifle, so presumably it was designed for the -79N series onwards, if the near-identical -79Q uses it before widespread adoption on the -79R.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
mcred23

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, the BSG Mk.II is said to be the short-range beam weapon of choice for the GM Kai, and seems to be little more than an '83 upgrade to the weapon to go with the upgraded massproduction GM.
I think you are mistaken. The short-range beam weapon of choice for the GM Kai was this beam spray gun, not that rather large beam spray gun II.

Dendrobium Stamen

mcred23 wrote:I think you are mistaken. The short-range beam weapon of choice for the GM Kai was this beam spray gun, not that rather large beam spray gun II.
...Ahh. See, I was under the impression that that gun was the BSG Mk.II, given that it's certainly not the one wielded by the base-model GM. Given its inclusion with the Master Grade GM Kai kit, it seemed a fairly logical assumption that it was a second version of the classic GM weapon.

Looking at it, the Ez8 Hi-Mo's version just looks like a stretched version of the original BSG, with a modified muzzle. Perhaps, like the rest of the machine, it's simply a field-mod to up the gun's power, maybe based on bits of the GM Light Armour's beam pistol?
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
mcred23

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:Looking at it, the Ez8 Hi-Mo's version just looks like a stretched version of the original BSG, with a modified muzzle. Perhaps, like the rest of the machine, it's simply a field-mod to up the gun's power, maybe based on bits of the GM Light Armour's beam pistol?
Maybe, although it keeps making me think of something else, like the beam gun used by the GM Command-types.