What's this I've heard about...?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
razgriz

mcred23 congrats on joining the 4000 club, ive got a long way to go.

back to subject. im glad clover didnt take all of the creative control from tomino, it was bad enough having that thunderbirds ripoff g-fighter in the show. theres no telling how much worse it couldve gotten, for all we know the legless zeong was clover's idea. tomino probably wouldve given it legs
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
mcred23

razgriz wrote:mcred23 congrats on joining the 4000 club, ive got a long way to go.

At the moment, I'm the only one on this board in that club. :P

Anyway...
razgriz wrote:im glad clover didnt take all of the creative control from tomino, it was bad enough having that thunderbirds ripoff g-fighter in the show. theres no telling how much worse it couldve gotten, for all we know the legless zeong was clover's idea. tomino probably wouldve given it legs
Well, it seems Tomino did things more his way with the movies, as shown by their lack of most of the mobile armors and the complete lack of the G-Fighter, as well as the more logical choice or replacing the Guntank with a second Guncannon.

But for the Zeong, I'm not sure if he ever intended for it to have legs, as the Perfect Zeon was a creation of MSV, and I'm not sure how involved Tomino may or may not have been in that....
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
razgriz

im glad for the 2nd guncannon, i always questioned the guntank in space, it looked like it accidently got sucked out of an airlock. it bothered me that fed. vs zeon had the guntank play in space mode, it really did handle like a tank in space and it jus looked lost :lol:

as for the zeong, ur probably right, i remember reading somewhere that the gundam was supposed to fall to the umm i forgot the name of it, but its the really really REALLY ugly and weird ms on the tank treads from msv. had the series gone to 52 episodes. so in a way im thankful for tomino to go with the zeong legless as it is
(setsuna giggling)
mcred23

The MS you speak of is MS-X's MS-12 Gigan, Zeon's answer to the Guntank... with wheels! :P
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ORegan

the gigan is awesome, but there is no way in hell, or in new york, that Amuro and the gundam will lose to that thing
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
razgriz

ill never forget the gigan now, like titan except unlike the mythical titans that ms wont scare anyone, at least not amuro. well maybe it couldve won because by then the gundam was missing an arm and head. again i speculate.
(setsuna giggling)
Kuruni

razgriz wrote:ill never forget the gigan now, like titan except unlike the mythical titans that ms wont scare anyone, at least not amuro. well maybe it couldve won because by then the gundam was missing an arm and head. again i speculate.
IIRC, last battle between Char and Amuro not occur at all. Gundam supposed to be in 100% condition against Gigan (piloted by nameless grunt too).
My girlfriend was a loli.
razgriz

i dont know whether i would be proud of the nameless gigan grunt or just really ashamed of amuro losing to.. to THAT THING?!?
(setsuna giggling)
Haros_Pet_Kat

That thing probably does wheelies while dodging beams and grinding.
wing zero alpha

Kuruni wrote:IIRC, last battle between Char and Amuro not occur at all. Gundam supposed to be in 100% condition against Gigan (piloted by nameless grunt too).
I'm not sure about that. By that point the Gundam and the White Base were supposed to spear their way through A Bao A Qu's defense forces, so logically the Gundam would have taken a fair bashing and the Gigan would have caught a lucky break.
Anavel Gato

Looks like the Ball, Guntank, Dom and a tricicle had a lovechild.
solid snake

mcred23 wrote:The MS you speak of is MS-X's MS-12 Gigan, Zeon's answer to the Guntank... with wheels! :P
Hmm, wonder how that would do against Gigan from Godzilla.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
swordoath

It'd be squished. Kaiju are absolutely massive, even compared to Mobile Suits.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
razgriz

maybe a phalanx of gigans against the lone gundam would be a more ummm satisfying final battle. but the point is moot. we wouldnt have the famous last shot pose if it went to battle against the gigan. we would probably have the gundam lying face down pounding its fist on the ground that it lost to an armed oversized office chair.
(setsuna giggling)