Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3
silvak

Mecha Novel (Please Comment!)

Ok, originally it started out as an rp between me and my brother. However, it was going really well and we began noticing that it might turn out to be a good idea for a novel.

The basic setting for the story is medievil(sp?). Mecha are called "Shouds" and you can transform into one using symboles and ingredients. Shouds are only about 7 feet tall so they are more like suits of armor. Also they process of shouding is implied to be magical, but in reality technological, just beyond the current understanding.

We were using mecha from most gundam eras (SEED, Wing, UC and others), so we've also begun to design our own mecha to go with the storyline.

I'd like everyones opinion of the idea. Someone will probably say that they aren't mecha anymore, but I think it still has that feel. And the idea is more developed it's just hard to explain.
Mwulf

Sounds like White Knight Story....
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Wedge14

Of course an idea like that would make a good novel. I say if its something you wanna write. You write it, regardless what people think. Just make sure you enjoy it, and challenge yourself with it.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
silvak

Yay, someone replied!

I'm looking in to that "White Knight Story" that was mentioned. So far they sound similar.

I do think that I would enjoy writing it, but my real joy comes when others enjoy what I've written. The reason I posted my idea here was not for permission or anything. It was to see if it would be of any interest in the mecha community. Wouldn't want to stick the work in only for it to utterly fail.

If you guys want, I'll post more info about the idea once it's a little more refined. Maybe post a teaser chapter or something.[/i]